• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks T-cat and Hugh
    flying art gallery
    they are not airplanes unless you fly them

Comment

• Originally posted by T- Elbert View Post
      James you had mentioned aircraft storage and workshop pictures. Here is my area , I found hanging the jets from the base of the gear against the walls the easiest. Nice wall art and mostly out of the way.
      cheers
      Beautiful hobby space!

Comment

• Back at it with crazy air to air shots!

Comment

• A short picture show of the FreeWing F-16 & F22 Raptor !

Comment

• Hi MRC, here's a midlife (I passed 130 flights) upgrade for my FW Mig-21.

It has an awesome 8S setup now, the plane is totally different now, a very nimble speedster

The Mig-21 is still my all-favorite EDF !

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Just finished installing Jeremy Solt's formation lights. Now to finish sanding and preparing for paint. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210515_182829025.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	312801

Comment

• Hey guys! Thought some of you may let a kick out of this! My friend converted my old Freewing A4 Skyhawk to turbine! I loved this craft as EDF but as a turbine it’s a love affair again. Enjoy!

Comment

• Fantastic Mikkelb! Great sound, that turbine has (yoda voice)

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
                    Fantastic Mikkelb! Great sound, that turbine has (yoda voice)
                    HAHA Thanks James! "A powerful jet you will become" (Palpatine voice) Its a great way to revive a jet

Comment

• This is a average day at the Helena Flying Tigers field. Usually 10 to 15 guys flying and this was a photo shot of just the motion products. For a small club motion is well represented.

Comment

• The Su-35 is pure madness...

Alpha come on, where are the twin 80mm Su-30SM or Su-57? I NEED THEM!!! :DDDDD

Comment

• Not a freewing model, but does it qualify if it uses various electronics purchased from Motion RC

Likely doing the maiden memorial day weekend. 3D printed T-2A buckeye, 1/7.5 scale, 1550mm wingspan

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                            Not a freewing model, but does it qualify if it uses various electronics purchased from Motion RC Likely doing the maiden memorial day weekend. 3D printed T-2A buckeye, 1/7.5 scale, 1550mm wingspan
                            DD, Beautiful work, Sir. I admire your design talent and am a bit in awe of your final results. Bravo Zulu, my friend. Best as always, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Here is a flyer for our July event

Comment

• Thanks for shouting out the F-22 TV mod the other week James. There's a minute or so of it doing its thing here.

(No, it's not life on Mars - it's the red dirt of South Australia)

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                                  Thanks for shouting out the F-22 TV mod the other week James.

(No, it's not life on Mars - it's the red dirt of South Australia)
                                  The F-22 in the TB scheme is awesome, wish it came that way, nice job on the repaint and TV mods. The T-28 is special as well.

But if that's "Life on Mars", I would love to fly there! Nice open spaces with nothing to hinder any pattern (or lack there of) that you want to fly. Our runway is surrounded by high "saw" cane and everglades marsh, any mishap, unless it's right over the runway, and it's "Bye Bye Birdie"! Impossible to walk 2 feet into. When an aircraft goes down, almost impossible to find it even with a drone, and if we do, just as hard to get to it without a 4 wheel drive "Gator". So your field is "ideal" in my mind, but I guess the "Grass is always Greener on the Other Side of the Fence".
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Here's Chris "The RC Geek" Wolfe flying his QF-4B target drone "The Great Pumpkin" out at Rabbit Dry Lake a while back...😎:

These were modified from F-4 Phantoms and used as target drones to test SAMs at various ranges throughout the US. This model (which started out as a stock Freewing F-4 Phantom II) pays homage to those F-4 Phantoms that ultimately ended their careers being shot down - by their OWN country...

Enjoy the show 😁!

Comment

• Some of my coolest F-18 footage to date (courtesy of some fantastic clouds that decided to drop in as background!) :)

Yeah, I know... the music, copyright, etc... I will post the raw version along the week! ;)

Comment

• This is Corsair_Smitty from You Tube. Here is the finished cockpit for my Flightline Corsair. It features a lighted dashboard. The entire cockpit is from the Motion RC 3D printer files that are available on the Flightline Corsair page. The dashboard also features the gun site and reflective glass. The dashboard is lighted up by 3, 5mm white LEDs. I had started with the Red LEDs, however they were not bright enough to light everything up and would have required a total of 5 LEDs. The pilot is the original one that came with the plane, just weathered a little.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by CorsairPilot17 View Post
                                          This is Corsair_Smitty from You Tube. Here is the finished cockpit for my Flightline Corsair. It features a lighted dashboard. The entire cockpit is from the Motion RC 3D printer files that are available on the Flightline Corsair page. The dashboard also features the gun site and reflective glass. The dashboard is lighted up by 3, 5mm white LEDs. I had started with the Red LEDs, however they were not bright enough to light everything up and would have required a total of 5 LEDs. The pilot is the original one that came with the plane, just weathered a little.
                                          That lighted cockpit is truly spectacular! Maybe a stupid question, but where did you place the LED lights to light up the instruments, behind the panel? And if so, did you leave a space between the instrument sheet and the dials? Also looks like you filled in the dials with some clear urethane or something to simulate glass? Anyway, however you did it it's certainly unique! Bravo!

BTW, you should post these photos in the "Official 1600mm Corsair" thread as well, it will likely go viral!
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Working...
                                          X