X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Hugh.

I had Callie create the gauges (Graphics) on a clear background from the set that she currently makes, specifically for doing this. I built a back plate and sides from balsa for the dashboard. The sides are 1/4 inch between the dashboard and the backing plate. I have 3 hole drilled into the balsa for the LEDs. I also filled the in between space with a "poly fill" like is used when making stuffed animals. By putting the "poly fill" in between the LEDs and and the dashboard it reduces and eliminates the "hot spots" that the LEDs normally produce. The "poly fill" acts like a defuser to spread the light over a broader area. Since the LEDs don't get hot there is no fear of burning. I soldered the LEDs to the wiring and put connectors on the ends that fix right into the connectors on the blue Motion RC Blue colored E1712 controller, which the Corsair comes with.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by CorsairPilot17 View Post
      Thank you Hugh.

I had Callie create the gauges (Graphics) on a clear background from the set that she currently makes, specifically for doing this. I built a back plate and sides from balsa for the dashboard. The sides are 1/4 inch between the dashboard and the backing plate. I have 3 hole drilled into the balsa for the LEDs. I also filled the in between space with a "poly fill" like is used when making stuffed animals. By putting the "poly fill" in between the LEDs and and the dashboard it reduces and eliminates the "hot spots" that the LEDs normally produce. The "poly fill" acts like a defuser to spread the light over a broader area. Since the LEDs don't get hot there is no fear of burning. I soldered the LEDs to the wiring and put connectors on the ends that fix right into the connectors on the blue Motion RC Blue colored E1712 controller, which the Corsair comes with.
      Very ingenious. I assumed you used Callie's gauges, as did I on my Corsair cockpit, but having her print them on a clear background was the step I would have never thought of, yet seems so simple. Thanks for "clearing" that up and illuminating my curiosity, pun intended!
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

This is Corsair_Smitty from You Tube. Here is the finished cockpit for my Flightline Corsair. It features a lighted dashboard. The entire cockpit is from the Motion RC 3D printer files that are available on the Flightline Corsair page. The dashboard also features the gun site and reflective glass. The dashboard is lighted up by 3, 5mm white LEDs. I had started with the Red LEDs, however they were not bright enough to light everything up and would have required a total of 5 LEDs. The pilot is the original one that came with the plane, just weathered a little.
        Beautifully done!

Comment

• Beautiful cockpit Corsair!

Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
          Some of my coolest F-18 footage to date (courtesy of some fantastic clouds that decided to drop in as background!) :)

Yeah, I know... the music, copyright, etc... I will post the raw version along the week! ;)
          As promised...

Comment

• Thank you James and Airguardian.

Comment

I had Callie create the gauges (Graphics) on a clear background ...
              Looks great, but is that plane going over 700mph? That's asking for a mid-air disintegration.

Comment

• Pushing the standards a bit higher!

Comment

• My Freewing F86 Sabre with Freewing 80mm 12 blade in-runner at the field today here in the uk with thanks to Caroline Tyler for producing the video.

Freewing F86 Sabre, Freewing 80mm 12 blade in-runner. Pilot paulrkytek

Comment

• My Freewing Yak 130 70mm with fms pro 70mm in-runner. Freewing did not do an in-runner version when I bought the model as an arf plus and I have recently upgraded my fms in-runner to the 30 60 1900kv version. Link to todays flight below with thanks to Caroline Tyler for producing the video

Freewing Yak 130 with fms pro 70mm 12 blade6s in-runner.Pilot paulrkytek

Comment

• Freeweng f-16 camo 70mm high performance
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0462.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	315318Click image for larger version  Name:	_CAM0958adjusted.jpg Views:	2 Size:	89.5 KB ID:	315317 My new Flightline F4U-1A Corsair painted up in the colors of a plane flown by Lt. Robert M. Hanson, USMCR, the top ace in the Corsair with 25 kills. Callie did a few but important decals for me. Has Robart 3.5" tires for better tracking and less bounce on landings than the OEM wheels. Click image for larger version  Name:	_CAM0961adjusted.jpg Views:	8 Size:	96.0 KB ID:	315300Click image for larger version  Name:	_CAM0969adjusted.jpg Views:	4 Size:	120.3 KB ID:	315301

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-0462.jpg Views:	3 Size:	106.2 KB ID:	315318Click image for larger version Name:	_CAM0958adjusted.jpg Views:	2 Size:	89.5 KB ID:	315317 My new Flightline F4U-1A Corsair painted up in the colors of a plane flown by Lt. Robert M. Hanson, USMCR, the top ace in the Corsair with 25 kills. Callie did a few but important decals for me. Has Robart 3.5" tires for better tracking and less bounce on landings than the OEM wheels. Click image for larger version Name:	_CAM0961adjusted.jpg Views:	8 Size:	96.0 KB ID:	315300Click image for larger version Name:	_CAM0969adjusted.jpg Views:	4 Size:	120.3 KB ID:	315301
                          WOW Dave!!!!

Just wow...that's a SUPERB looking Corsair for sure...

Great Job 😎👍!!!

Comment

• So here's Brent and Andy out at Rabbit Dry Lake a with the MiG-29 and the deHavilland Venom 😎!

I'd recommend you open it up and watch in "YouTube" for the best experience 😉

Enjoy 😁👍!

Comment

• Originally posted by Justwingit View Post

WOW Dave!!!!

Just wow...that's a SUPERB looking Corsair for sure...

Great Job 😎👍!!!
                              Thanks, great flying airplane. It is grounded for the time being due to a strange flap deployment problem on the right wing, but new parts are coming from Motion that will hopefully fix the issue. A solid choice for a WWII warbird for anyone loving the bent wing bird!

Comment

• Great shares everyone! All will be on the show tomorrow.

davegee That Corsair is awesome! Well done! Hope you get it fixed soon.

Justwingit , so great as always. Always enjoy Brent's flying and your commentary and location

Airguardian - Nothing more needs to be said. Stunning

Robertorende - Welcome! How do you like flying it?

paulrkytek - Loved the 70mm Yak with the new inrunner. She is so stable and a joy to fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
                                  Great shares everyone! All will be on the show tomorrow.

davegee That Corsair is awesome! Well done! Hope you get it fixed soon.

Justwingit , so great as always. Always enjoy Brent's flying and your commentary and location

Airguardian - Nothing more needs to be said. Stunning

Robertorende - Welcome! How do you like flying it?

paulrkytek - Loved the 70mm Yak with the new inrunner. She is so stable and a joy to fly.
                                  Hi James: love watching your shows on Motion RC. Could you give me more info where and how I can view the weekly RC show tomorrow? I don't think I've seen one yet, but would look forward to watching them weekly if I know where to tune in!

Thanks!

Davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

Hi James: love watching your shows on Motion RC. Could you give me more info where and how I can view the weekly RC show tomorrow? I don't think I've seen one yet, but would look forward to watching them weekly if I know where to tune in!

Thanks!

Davegee
                                    Hi Davegee,

Their weekly Friday show is on YouTube at 12pm Eastern Time. The current link to tomorrow show is found below. You can also click the link and select the “Reminder” option, so YouTube notifies you when the show begins.

T-CAT

Comment

• Thanks, T-Cat! I look forward to seeing these weekly videos, starting tomorrow!

Cheers

davegee

Comment

• You’re welcome! Enjoy the show .

Comment

• I came up with a new innovation in RC - a transmitter grip that gives you the advantages of both pinch and thumb style at the same time:

Click image for larger version

Name:	PinchThumb.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	315701

Comment

Working...
                                          X