X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
    I came up with a new innovation in RC - a transmitter grip that gives you the advantages of both pinch and thumb style at the same time:

Click image for larger version

Name:	PinchThumb.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	315701

first in line to purchase.............

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
      I came up with a new innovation in RC - a transmitter grip that gives you the advantages of both pinch and thumb style at the same time:

Name:	PinchThumb.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	315701

Comment

• Slow-mo smoke-vortices for the Gripen junkies and vortex-addicts!

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
          Great shares everyone! All will be on the show tomorrow.

davegee That Corsair is awesome! Well done! Hope you get it fixed soon.

Justwingit , so great as always. Always enjoy Brent's flying and your commentary and location

Airguardian - Nothing more needs to be said. Stunning

Robertorende - Welcome! How do you like flying it?

paulrkytek - Loved the 70mm Yak with the new inrunner. She is so stable and a joy to fly.
          Hi James: just a quick update, I think I have the flap problem solved on my new Flightline F4U-1A. Motion RC came up with the replacement parts I needed and I did some test flights to confirm the flaps now come down symmetrically. Flies great now!

Comment

• I had a lot of fun with this Freewing F-14 project. The F-14 Tomcat is my all-time favorite aircraft, so it was time to purchase the Freewing version.

Hopefully this project inspires others to have fun being creative and to enjoy personalizing RC aircraft. I designed many 3D printed parts for this jet to finish the project, such as removable ventral fins, servo driven tail hook mount, tail hook servo shield, new nose gear center light with AOA indicator, main wheel hub caps, wing box screw hole plugs, battery tray, wire tunnel, receiver mount, ejection seat handles, ESC shelves (to raise and secure them, and allow wiring to run below), main wheel-well side covers (covers the gap), and fuel dump port (I may be forgetting some parts, but I'm not sure). Some of these parts I have uploaded to Thingiverse for others to download on my account named “T_CAT”.

Other subtle visual mods, but worth the effort, include tinting the windshield green, concealing the vertical stabilizer wire channels and plastic hinge channels, painting the linkage sets, painted parts of the LED light lens covers for a more accurate look, lining the cockpit with cardstock, adding different pilot figures and ejection seats, using the nose strut (still the stock F-14 wheels and axle) from the Freewing F/A-18C 90mm EDF Jet, filling and sanding various areas like on the “air bag” portion of the jet where mold release marks exists, etc. Painting the jet in the Sundowner's paint scheme was a must-do for me, so that's the route I took (the vertical stabilizers were painted all red, whereas the white portions and lettering are vinyl). I then weathered the jet with an airbrush and colored pencils to add some more realism to the project. I upgraded the jets power system to the Freewing 80mm 9-blade fans with 1920kv inrunner motors, 100A ESC’s, Castle Creations BEC 2.0, and laid shrink wrap in an airfoil shape to secure the motors wires neatly. The taileron servos were upgraded to Hitec D-85MG’s, and the linkage set was upgraded to Dubro 2-56 size fully threaded rods with a Dubro 2-56 ball link on one side of each control rod and a Dubro 2-56 Safety Lock Quick Links on the other side of each rod.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	295.0 KB ID:	316176Click image for larger version  Name:	7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	252.4 KB ID:	316174Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	239.4 KB ID:	316175Click image for larger version  Name:	8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	213.0 KB ID:	316173Click image for larger version  Name:	5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	124.9 KB ID:	316170
            Click image for larger version  Name:	6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	135.4 KB ID:	316177Click image for larger version  Name:	9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	191.7 KB ID:	316172

I designed and 3D printed a F-14 Wall Mount Nozzle Platform (and used a pool noodle cut to size for dent protection of the thrust tube) that attaches to a wooden shelf bracket from Home Depot, and a printed nose gear holder for the nose wheels that has a slot in the part to thread Velcro through to warp around the strut:

Click image for larger version  Name:	AAD666EF-5311-4B23-84C6-9B0FE742025B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	64.5 KB ID:	316187Click image for larger version  Name:	EF4C5A3C-6512-4381-A868-C40BD84357EB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	82.9 KB ID:	316184Click image for larger version  Name:	41002327-2153-4356-92CD-85D0458AB565.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	96.0 KB ID:	316186Click image for larger version  Name:	88D3AFB4-8F47-4278-A6E5-902A92C818D4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	39.6 KB ID:	316185

Name:	6EA3C0F1-4738-4345-A260-60DD4F350E19.jpeg
Views:	243
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	316203
            Attached Files

Comment

• Since I can't figure out how to upload more than one video link, I'll have put the videos in separate posts, sorry .

I have attached some pictures of some of the additions of 3D printed designs and test fittings.

Name:	30EBC5FF-D63D-49D8-931E-3C0139F83DA3.jpeg
Views:	299
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	316201Click image for larger version

Name:	D958B7CF-9095-45F9-8C97-0178C32B0603.jpeg
Views:	307
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	316193Click image for larger version

Name:	7BC704FA-E52A-4A4D-B9B8-BEA1693BA7A6.jpeg
Views:	304
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	316195Click image for larger version

Name:	F85FCEDB-F3DC-4A40-A796-3615F4D54A45.jpeg
Views:	284
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	316196Click image for larger version

Name:	1EC8A471-A775-40B3-A8B7-45BD8AB5FFA8.jpeg
Views:	303
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	316197Click image for larger version

Name:	BE6D2B9B-FA41-48B9-BBA1-BCC43A90152B.jpeg
Views:	309
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	316198Click image for larger version

Name:	5AD3632A-8D00-4243-A3E1-F9E00C0BDE81.jpeg
Views:	298
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	316199Click image for larger version

Name:	AC8D833C-7160-4F4D-9C69-749B003B5F50.jpeg
Views:	301
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	316200

Name:	7974260D-E2AA-4300-B064-C0FD7C46A109.jpeg
Views:	297
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	316194

Video of the 3D designed and printed tail hook mount for the Freewing F-14:

Comment

• 3D designed and printed removable ventral fins for the Freewing F-14:

Comment

• 3D designed and printed nose gear center light with AOA indicator for the Freewing F-14:

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                    I had a lot of fun with this Freewing F-14 project. The F-14 Tomcat is my all-time favorite aircraft, so it was time to purchase the Freewing version.
                    TC, Outstanding work in all categories; you're a builder after my own heart. Bravo Zulu, Sir. As for livery, well, "Banzai Baby!" Color me impressed. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

TC, Outstanding work in all categories;
                      Exactly, very impressive!

Comment

• T-CAT Well Done!

Comment

• That F-14 looks awesome TC, great job, love the weathered look.

Comment

• Thanks a ton everyone! I truly appreciate the kind words. I love seeing people’s creativity with their RC aircraft and this hobby in general, and this thread has so much inspiration in it for all to see. That’s some of the greatest parts of this hobby, the friendship and artwork.

Comment

• Something to file under 'whoops'.

Ever wonder what would happen if something hits the fan of an EDF when it's spinning at 50,000rpm? This is the EDF hatch on the thrust vectored 10S Thunderbirds F22 raptor lol.

Name:	20210619_123950.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	316339

Comment

• Been there, done that!

Here's some new air-to-air stuff with the Su-35:

Comment

• Hello From New Zealand,
                                  Thought I would share my Freewing 1600mm F4U customized in a RNZAF "Irate Duck" livery. Hand painted and finished with Callie Graphics.

Happy flying!

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

​​​​​​​

Comment

• My Freewing Rebel digital version with 3060 1900kv 6s FMS pro 12 blade 70mm in-runner and 2200mah 50c 6 s battery squeezed in to give take off weight of 1.75kg and static thrust of 2.5 to 2.7kg, It is smooth, quiet and fairly quick and gives me 3.5 mins of mixed flying with 25% battery left.

Name:	digirebel8.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	316650

Name:	Digirebel3.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	316651

Name:	Digirebel4.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	285.5 KB
ID:	316652

Comment

• paulrkytek I give up! That looks so good!

What did you use for the nose gear? Did you just modify the existing or swap out the whole unit?

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                                        paulrkytek I give up! That looks so good!

What did you use for the nose gear? Did you just modify the existing or swap out the whole unit?
                                        Thanks SanExup. front and mains are Freewing servos but with different oleos from HK and Bangood respectively so that I could get the knee bend action which is better for our grass field. The paint job is just diy store sample colour pots brush applied and peel and stick matt white signwriters vinyl sheet painted to match and cut into strips then cut into squares and applied to taste !!!. Its not a perfect finish but when it passes you at 90mph plus you dont really notice !

Comment

• Hi gang! Just wanted to share a few links from my Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy the action! Most recently, I have joined up with the Ottawa valley Jets club here in South eastern Ontario, Canada and filmed 4 of the baddest turbine models around! The channel also features other RC related content, full-scale Ultra Light flying, Fishing and even some extreme sports in the mix ... Please stop by the channel and pour a coffee! Thanks to Motion RC for giving us this awesome platform to network, share and promote the hobby! Please consider my channel for feature on your Live show someday, I appreciate the exposure greatly!

Enjoy this edit from our trip to the Ottawa Valley Jets field this past weekend as Brad puts his turbine powered T1 class jet thought it's paces ... Watch as...

Pilot Dan Dupont burned up some smoke oil this past weekend with a few high paced circuits over the beautiful Ottawa Valley Jets field. His KingTech 140n pow...

Pilot Greg hope had a few flights on his home turf with his KingTech UltraFlash this past weekend as I filmed as much as possible. Enjoy the turbine action f...

Here is the latest and greatest action from this past weekend featuring Brad's T1 class sport jet in action! Spent a little extra time in the editing room on...

Comment

Working...
                                          X