• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	D3FBC18A-B73A-4C6A-8FD9-99C66B5E817C.jpeg
Views:	2556
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	270968
    Where did you get that fuel tank from? How many ounces does it hold, and what the detentions?

Comment

We made a one off tank, about 30 oz 11” x 2.25x 2.25

Comment

Originally posted by 554dug View Post
        Does anyone know where to go to buy a barbed 4mm fuel shutoff valve?
        Really want to stay away from the festo valve before the x45 fuel pump, probably not going with UAT in the Avanti as others have successfully done.
        Im using a festo shutoff valve in my X45 install with zero issues. Jet cat sell a barbed shutoff

Comment

We made a one off tank, about 30 oz 11” x 2.25x 2.25
          Awesome! Do you still have the mold? If able, would you be willing to make two more. I'm looking for those exact demotions for my eflite F/A-18

Comment

Sorry it was one and done No mold was made.

Comment

Sorry it was one and done No mold was made.
              No worries... thanks!

Comment

Got my little engine 396!!

what a small handful cant wait .

Avanti turbine here we come .

Comment

Has anyone ordered a thrust tube that was a proper fitment for the Freewing Avanti? I want to order one but there are so many sizes I am afraid to order the wrong one.
                  Would really appreciate any links of thrust tubes that fit this aircraft. Thank you in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by 458destroyer View Post
                    Has anyone ordered a thrust tube that was a proper fitment for the Freewing Avanti? I want to order one but there are so many sizes I am afraid to order the wrong one.
                    Would really appreciate any links of thrust tubes that fit this aircraft. Thank you in advance!
                    Which engine are you using? That information will narrow the results and help everyone help you .

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Which engine are you using? That information will narrow the results and help everyone help you .
                      I am Using a K45-G3

Comment

I am Using a K45-G3
                        This one will fit. http://www.grumania.com/xtcommerce/J...KG45::957.html
                        Plus, lot's of good imfo here. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-turbine-power
                        https://www.hab.se/bygghobby/hab-cnc/fms-avanti-80mm-turbin-konverteringskitt-komplett-p20-1

Comment

I am Using a K45-G3
                          Gotcha. As mentioned above, HAB has a conversion kit (linked below) for the K30 and K45 specifically for the Freewing Avanti S.

For product questions and to order, either Tomas or Amir at the email addresses below:

Tomas: tomas@hab.se
                          Amir: amir@hab.se

Comment

Hello to everybody. I would like to install a 4.5 Kg turbine in a Freewing A-10 in one engine nacelle. What should be the angle of misalignment and to which side. Thank you for any feedback.

Comment

I am new to turbines and want to get a proper refueler. I know Jersey Modeler offers a nice setup for kerosene but way too expensive. Slimline offers a Flilghtline Refueler that is a manual pump setup but advertises it as a Gas refueler. My question is, are the refuelers that can be used for gas safe to use for kerosene. I would not want contamination if the seals, tubing or pumps would deteriorate using kerosene. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Gas fuel tube and fittings are ok for kerosene and deisal, just make sure you don't have any silicone tubing anywhere. Also a pump suitable for gas and kerosene has to be used.

Comment

I've just finished my conversion of my Freewing F22 Raptor using a X45 and I must say, it's my best flying small jet yet! Very quiet in the air and the flattened home made pipe fives a real throaty growl at military power!! It balances without lead by having a 2200 battery in the nose cone and my home made one litre tank fits right over the CG and take-off weight is about 4.3kgs, so a 7-10 minute flight is possible. Here are some pictures of the build and a hat-cam video of a flight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc1Vzg5KxRk
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by paulsnapp View Post
                                    I am new to turbines and want to get a proper refueler. I know Jersey Modeler offers a nice setup for kerosene but way too expensive. Slimline offers a Flilghtline Refueler that is a manual pump setup but advertises it as a Gas refueler. My question is, are the refuelers that can be used for gas safe to use for kerosene. I would not want contamination if the seals, tubing or pumps would deteriorate using kerosene. Any help would be appreciated.
                                    This pump works Great!
                                    12V Field Pump for Diesel Fuel and Smoke Fluid. Stop spending time cranking pump handles and using squeeze bulb type pumps to get smoke oil in and out of planes. Now there is something much easier to use. The 12V Streamer for diesel fuel is same advanced pump design as above, but with a red case to prevent cross contamination. Pump rate is 33 ounces per minute. This is something anyone who uses smoke oil or diesel fuel should have in their flight box. No. S754.

I have the Slimline can too.
                                    I use a 2 cell lipo to drive the pump simple and very affordable.

Comment

Anyone do the new E-flite Viper yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun Evans View Post
                                        Anyone do the new E-flite Viper yet?
                                        At the 4 hour 38 minute mark in the video below, someone who converted it to a turbine jet using the Xicoy X45 flew at the Horizon Hobby Airmeet 2021 event right after the EDF version flew.

Comment

• No not yet. One person I fly with did and is supposed to bring it the field today for maiden. The video RcInformer did is great. Look it up on YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                          X