X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwistedGrin View Post
    Gents - I often use a separate system (RC+Stabilizer) and have a dedicated UBEC plugged into the "BATT-Bind" port of the RX for power which isolates the ESC for just running the motor. This affords the ESC to stay cool as it is now only servicing control to the motor. Can we deploy a separate UBEC power lead to this RX bind/Aux2 port for the same purpose?

Thanks in Advance,
    TwistedGrin
    Yes you can. I use this rx on my F4 and B24 both of which use an external bec.

Comment

10:4 Excellent - TG

Comment

Gents - I want to deploy this stabilizer in a small plane that requires bottom side installation....this requires the stabilizer to be mounted facing to ground during normal flight. As it stands now....it wants to roll over as if it is in recovery mode....however when the plane turns inverted all surfaces move correctly. Is there a dip switch or combo of dip switch to tell the stabilizer it inverted normal?

Comment

Gents - I want to deploy this stabilizer in a small plane that requires bottom side installation....this requires the stabilizer to be mounted facing to ground during normal flight. As it stands now....it wants to roll over as if it is in recovery mode....however when the plane turns inverted all surfaces move correctly. Is there a dip switch or combo of dip switch to tell the stabilizer it inverted normal?
          Not that I know of. Are you sure it's not in recovery?

i wonder if binding it while installed inverted would do anything.

Comment

Ya I might try binding inverted next week and see what it does.....

TG

Comment

UPDATE - Yes it will work facing to the ground.
              1. Bind as usual
              1. Configure Gyro as mode (C) / On-Off toggle
              2. Mount to plane pins facing the ground / Pin Connectors forward to nose
              3. Power up and check Stabilizer throw direction
              4. Diconnect power
              5. Re-Mount stabilzer facing the ground / Pin Connectors rearward to the tail
              6. Check Stabilizer throw direction

TwistedGrin

Comment

Hey guys ,I have an rx600 on my turbo jet which has about 6 flights on it now.
                today I went to fly it and the gyro would not initialize.
                the reciever worked great flew with no issues.
                It started working all pf tje sudden when I installed the 3rd pack and worked fine for 3more flights.

Any thoughts?
                (sorry for run ons)

Comment

I have noted that mine did the same thing once....but observed that during my battery hook up I had several failed solid Deans connector hook up whereas ...when hooking up the battery the RX was cycled rapidly several times and the stabilizer would not engage at final. Unplug the battery and wait a second or two...then make a clean positive battery connection. All good and normal stabilizer is present. Perhaps this could be a similar scenario??

TwistedGrin

Comment

Thanks pilot Ryan - I finally got around to swapping the Admiral RX600SP into my first ‘Old kit - New Tech build, the L-4 Piper Cub.
                    Since I recently upgraded to the DX6, I had no problems getting it set up, Thanks to the videos. Wanted it set up in Combo C for reasons you would expect. The plane already flies good, but really like the damping effects from stabilization and didn’t really need a recovery mode.
                    I will try it out tomorrow morning and let ya know how this little gal does.

Comment

I did try the Admiral RX600SP in flight and for the most part it worked quite well. Took a little while longer to get it smoothed out and fine tune the trim, was also doing some gentle pitching so I have turn down the gain a bit. Everything in the lateral and directional axis worked nicely.

Comment

I do see a difference in stabilizers now that I have several different makes of them. This stabilizer may not provide the high speed flutter as noted in others when gains are set too high but rather a "hunting motion". This was also noted on one of my latest test flights when the elevator gains were set all the way up just for experiment.....as usual fly - observe - land - adjust - fly observe - land ...repeat until you get it like you want it

Comment

I do see a difference in stabilizers now that I have several different makes of them. This stabilizer may not provide the high speed flutter as noted in others when gains are set too high but rather a "hunting motion". This was also noted on one of my latest test flights when the elevator gains were set all the way up just for experiment.....as usual fly - observe - land - adjust - fly observe - land ...repeat until you get it like you want it
                          Yeah, wish I made the reciever accessable without removing the wing...:Loser:
                          it was merely ‘hunting’ kinda like a poorly adjusted auto pilot on the full sized birds.
                          It’s a fun airplane because it requires you do everything for a turn, climb descent and all else with regard to rudder and elevator in turns. Can be a handful if you get sloppy or overcontrol. So dang it is fun just practicing a traffic pattern and touch and go and for now only low rates make a flight look respectable, it it leads you to anticipate proper input with power, pitch or directional changes so it looks smooth. She does fly straight and level hands off in calm wind and that is pretty much all I fly it in.:Whew:

Comment

I've been buying these RX600SP's like candy and have them flying great in FMS Yak-54, Freewing 64 mm F-8, Freewing F-4, and Freewing F-86. I'd like to install one in a 70mm Freewing F-16, and the easiest installation would be to install it inverted. The "Quick Start Guide for Admiral RX600SP Receiver" states "We highly recommend installation of the unit in the upright position. If an inverted installation is chosen, you MUST recalibrate the orientation of the gyro. This must be done in recovery mode followed by normal stabilization mode." I've watched all of the videos and have not see any guidance on recalibrating the orientation of the gyro - may I get instructions?

Comment

It is a manual process of reversing the direction of travel of the individual channels but even then I think it will only work in gyro mode, not recovery mode. I'll do some testing and remove that from the manual if it proves to be the case. One of my main goals with this gyro was ease of use. For this reason, unlike most gyros, it does not ever need calibration. As long as you install it properly in the airplane, it just works. for that reason, I'm not sure inverted recovery mode will function even if you reverse the dip switches (as needed) for recovery direction on each channel.

Comment

Hi,
                                I have installed my first RX600 SP into a delta wing Sky Fun plane.No problems with binding and all control surfaces work fine with one exception. I have programmed Dual Rates into my DX6e radio of 70% & 100% but even at 100% the maximum travel for the ailerons/elevator is 80% Even changing the maximum rate to 105% does not result in a 100% servo movement. I am using default Mode 1 on the receiver and the Recovery is working. Does this have something to do with the receiver or something I failed to do when programming my transmitter?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobk99 View Post
                                  Hi,
                                  I have installed my first RX600 SP into a delta wing Sky Fun plane.No problems with binding and all control surfaces work fine with one exception. I have programmed Dual Rates into my DX6e radio of 70% & 100% but even at 100% the maximum travel for the ailerons/elevator is 80% Even changing the maximum rate to 105% does not result in a 100% servo movement. I am using default Mode 1 on the receiver and the Recovery is working. Does this have something to do with the receiver or something I failed to do when programming my transmitter?
                                  I can't speak directly to this receiver but in all my other stabilizer devices, throws are diminished when the signal goes through the stab. I use max rates and it seems to make no difference. As soon as I turn the stab off, I get all my throws. On the bench, I can actually see less travel when going to mid and low rates but in the air, the difference between rates is minimal. The stabs I've been using seem to dumb down the throws, unless I use "3D" mode, which not all stabs have. In "3D" mode, the throws can be achieved.

Comment

Thanks for responding. I agree with your comments.I think the throws are also reduced because the radio is programmed for an elevon type wing which electronically mixes the elevator and ailerons at 50% for each. Weather permitting I will be trying out the delta wing on Monday with this receiver.

Comment

If you have the radio programmed for Elevon, this is a big problem and likely leading to the diminished throws you see. You want the mix to take place in the gyro, not the radio. The radio should be set to "normal" for wing type and the gyro dip switches should be set to "delta". Please don't fly it the way you have it setup as it will more than likely lead to a crash. Here is the manual for the gyro: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...P_Receiver.pdf .

Comment

Originally posted by Bobk99 View Post
                                        Thanks for responding. I agree with your comments.I think the throws are also reduced because the radio is programmed for an elevon type wing which electronically mixes the elevator and ailerons at 50% for each. Weather permitting I will be trying out the delta wing on Monday with this receiver.
                                        I'm glad Tom caught this. There should be a warning on all stabilizers "DO NOT program wing type mix in the radio". Keep it at "NORMAL" wing (1 AIL) and normal tail. You should have also noticed that when you move the stick, the control surfaces will not only have diminished throws, but they won't work correctly either. In most cases when mixing is done in the radio before it goes into a stab, only one elevon will move with stick. The other will likely do something goofy or nothing at all. As Tom said, don't fly this thing till you confirm that elevator and aileron inputs make the control surfaces move in the correct directions and that all stabilizer control responds in the correct direction when you move the whole plane in each axis. If stab response is reversed, the thing will roll upside down or do a crazy loop (inside or outside loop) or both.

Comment

Thank you for the recommendation. Luckily I haven't tried to fly the Wing yet. I will program the radio with the wing as normal instead of elevon and see how the control surfaces respond to that. By reversing some channels I got the plane to respond to my inputs correctly but I was suspicious that something was not right with this approach. especially when the rudder on the radio stick was moving an aileron. Thanks to both Tom and Xviper. If I still have some issues I will get back to you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X