Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Pilot I am trying to set up a RX600 SP in the new L 39 it has the blue control box with a DX18. The receiver works with the original function but the Gyro does not turn on I have followed all the instructions on the videos that motion RC has posted any help would be highly appreciated thank you.

Comment

RX600 SP Installation question ... I will be mounting my receiver in an inverted position position. AM I going to be ok with the standard basic installation.
      Thank you.
      Rick

Comment

Mounting the RX inverted reverses the yaw and pitch. (if you kept it pointed the same way forward)

Generally to avoid confusing the gyros, mount it upright with the correct end pointed forward.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Thanks for the reply ... my problem is that the receiver is going to be mounted into the fuselage of a low wing mounted aircraft. Unfortunately I have no access to to the area through the canopy. I really don't want to get into a non standard installation, and perhaps I can work something out by pre-mounting the receiver normally, and installing it on rails ... just a thought. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Air Florida View Post
            Thanks for the reply ... my problem is that the receiver is going to be mounted into the fuselage of a low wing mounted aircraft. Unfortunately I have no access to to the area through the canopy. I really don't want to get into a non standard installation, and perhaps I can work something out by pre-mounting the receiver normally, and installing it on rails ... just a thought. Thanks again.
            Although it is recommended to mount this RX right side up, it can be mounted inverted. You must re-calibrate the orientation of the gyro. It also has dip switches that you can use to reverse the gyro response direction. Do all of this after installation and the product should work. It is up to you to check all control surface response and all gyro direction response before you fly it.

Comment

Has anyone encountered any problems with the gyro not initializing after reversing the gear switch? I have two of these mounted in 70mm Hawk and Hornets. I recently switched all of my aircraft gear positions to all match but after doing so, the gyro will not initialize. Works fine in gyro off mode. All I did was change the gear switch from gear up-down switch position to gear up-up switch position. Went back to the original setting and it works fine. It's not a huge deal, but I would much rather have the switch setup the same for all of my planes and the up=up, down=down makes much more sense.

Thanks in advance! Btw, I love the receiver/gyro! Easy to program and get dialed in as far as gains. Have not tried one in any of my larger jets yet but have one on standby for the 8s F4 once I get it trimmed out.

Comment

Originally posted by icepirate3 View Post
                Has anyone encountered any problems with the gyro not initializing after reversing the gear switch? I have two of these mounted in 70mm Hawk and Hornets. I recently switched all of my aircraft gear positions to all match but after doing so, the gyro will not initialize. Works fine in gyro off mode. All I did was change the gear switch from gear up-down switch position to gear up-up switch position. Went back to the original setting and it works fine. It's not a huge deal, but I would much rather have the switch setup the same for all of my planes and the up=up, down=down makes much more sense.

Thanks in advance! Btw, I love the receiver/gyro! Easy to program and get dialed in as far as gains. Have not tried one in any of my larger jets yet but have one on standby for the 8s F4 once I get it trimmed out.
                Look at the monitor and see what the end point numbers (for the gear channel) are for when it used to work to when you reversed it and it no longer works. Make sure the end point values are the same but at opposite ends of the gear switch travel. It should read something like -100 to +100. When you reverse it, it should be the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  Look at the monitor and see what the end point numbers (for the gear channel) are for when it used to work to when you reversed it and it no longer works. Make sure the end point values are the same but at opposite ends of the gear switch travel. It should read something like -100 to +100. When you reverse it, it should be the opposite.
                  Good tip! I will look at that when I get home. Thanks!

Comment

Has anyone encountered any problems with the gyro not initializing after reversing the gear switch?
                    Yes; I have experienced that. I called Motion with the plane in front of me and after some quick troubleshooting the guy had me set the 5% in the mixes to a NEGATIVE 5% (-5%) and that fixed it. I guess I like to run my gear switch the opposite of just about everyone else. I wish I could remember the guys names, he was very helpful and smart.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

Yes; I have experienced that. I called Motion with the plane in front of me and after some quick troubleshooting the guy had me set the 5% in the mixes to a NEGATIVE 5% (-5%) and that fixed it. I guess I like to run my gear switch the opposite of just about everyone else. I wish I could remember the guys names, he was very helpful and smart.
                      Awesome, thanks!! I plan on flying this morning and will try that out!

Comment

Awesome, thanks!! I plan on flying this morning and will try that out!
                        Any update? Did that fix your issue?

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

Any update? Did that fix your issue?
                          Sorry about that. I only get online a couple days a week. I did what you suggested with no change in the Hawk but it did work in the Hornet. Both with identical setups as far as I can tell. I am probably going to take the gyro out of the Hawk anyway as it's locked in without. I have a couple Lemons and an Eagle sitting around that I haven't gotten around to using as well.

Comment

I have 8 of these Admiral 6 channel/Gyro receivers. I set them all to the default "Gyro ON"/"Recovery" Mode. My main concern/question is: with the Bind button depressed in "Recovery" mode, the models all recover in a shallow dive and shallow bank. Does anyone know how to level them out in "Recovery" mode? (I saw the comment to raise the back 10 degrees).

Comment

Hi, my first post here, so please forgive my inexperience. I got back into R/C this June, after a 25 year time-out, but having been flying models, one type or another, since '63. It was amazing how everything had changed!

I bought 2 Admiral RX600SP receivers to try and installed one in a RocHobby SuperRoc MXS. Guess it's called a 3-D, but it's currently right at the ragged edge of my rustiness and I thought the stabilizing receiver might help, especially in the wind.

So: (sorry for the length, want to eliminate questions regarding the install, if I can.)

- I watched the videos on set-up, read the Quick Start Guide and bound the receiver to my DX6.

- I set the dip switches, J4, J5, J6 all to 'on', as this plane has separate aileron servos and I use Aile&Aux1 rather than a Y-harness. I have the ailerons configured as Flaperons, as well.

- I set the Mix1, as directed.

- I mounted the receiver on the original servo/receiver platform built into the airplane. Aligned fore and aft, with the servo pins to the tail of the airplane. Upright.

- I planned to leave the receiver in Combo A (default) for the first few flights, planning to reconfigure it to Combo C after flight testing.

- Ground testing. Range check ok. Per the video, tilted the plane while holding down the 'bind button', ie: into Recovery Mode. Flight surfaces all moved in the wrong direction. Switched the J1, J2, J3 switches and the flight surfaces were correct. I could see very small movements as I tilted the airplane while out of Recovery Mode.

Now. First flight. Low rates on controls. Took off paved runway, using a little up elevator. Almost immediately, I noticed the airplane beginning to oscillate in pitch. Then I applied a little left aileron to bank back over the field. Immediately, the airplane began to oscillate in roll, while continuing in pitch. The roll oscillation rapidly intensified until the wings were oscillating to about 60deg, one direction to the other, while pitch was about 30 deg.

Thinking I was going to lose the airplane, I cut power and tried to level out (this all happening in about a second and a half.). With power off I realized that the oscillation was diminishing and in a few seconds it stopped altogether. Caution being the order of the day at that point, rather than trying to make it into a pattern and land, I simply let it fly straight and landed downwind in the grass, without damage. (Being VERY glad I hadn't been flying a $1000+ EDF jet.)

I went back through everything and couldn't find any mistakes... except maybe one. I had left the gain controls at the default, 50%. Could this have been the problem? Too much gain for that really sensitive airplane?

I've reconfigured the receiver to Combo C and put the gyro control on Switch C, on and off. Before I fly it again, any suggestions as to where to set the gain controls?

Comment

Originally posted by WrongWayClyde View Post
                                I had left the gain controls at the default, 50%. Could this have been the problem? Too much gain for that really sensitive airplane?

I've reconfigured the receiver to Combo C and put the gyro control on Switch C, on and off. Before I fly it again, any suggestions as to where to set the gain controls?
                                Yes. Oscillation means gain is too high for any given axis. Oscillation increases with speed. When oscillation begins, either turn off the gyro if possible or power down and slow down and land. Most of my planes with a stabilizer works well at about 25%, some less, some more. Turn down till it doesn't oscillate at the fastest speed the plane will go. If it doesn't oscillate, turn gain up little by little till it does begin to oscillate and back it down. Then you should good to go.

Comment

Thanks! As I suspected, left the gains too high. Lucky me, got the plane down. The gains are at about 15% now, to start over, and I'm on Combo C, so I can leave the gyro off until I get some altitude and turn it back off if it gets squirmy again. I'll get it dialed in. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyByMike View Post
                                    I have 8 of these Admiral 6 channel/Gyro receivers. I set them all to the default "Gyro ON"/"Recovery" Mode. My main concern/question is: with the Bind button depressed in "Recovery" mode, the models all recover in a shallow dive and shallow bank. Does anyone know how to level them out in "Recovery" mode? (I saw the comment to raise the back 10 degrees).
                                    You sorta answered your own question. This unit is a re-label of the Lemon Stab Plus. The major difference is the Lemon has an owner recalibration for level feature that the Motion version has removed. If you don't like what the receiver thinks of as "level" your only option is to alter it's attitude as mounted in the plane. How well this unit works as a SAFE replacement seems to vary with the plane. It's perfectly acceptable in one of my planes, and not worth having in another.

Comment

Originally posted by Crater View Post

You sorta answered your own question. This unit is a re-label of the Lemon Stab Plus. The major difference is the Lemon has an owner recalibration for level feature that the Motion version has removed. If you don't like what the receiver thinks of as "level" your only option is to alter it's attitude as mounted in the plane. How well this unit works as a SAFE replacement seems to vary with the plane. It's perfectly acceptable in one of my planes, and not worth having in another.
                                      Wouldn't the below show that motion didn't remove this. If calibrate the gyro sensor to "your level", reinsert RX in to plane and it should be "your level" what I mean by "your level" is just the user definition of level.

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...xis-stabilizer
                                      • August 17, 2018 - If you have been experiencing setup issues with the Admiral RX600SP the following is advice that should be of help: To calibrate the gyro sensor, please put the stabilizer PLUS on the table and power it on (absolutely still, no people jumping around, no wire movement…etc. slight vibration will cause gyro calibration failure indicated by the red LED flashes twice). The gyro will calibrate automatically at the time when power is provided. Within 2 seconds you should see the LED flashes twice. Green flashes twice means calibration is OK while red flashes twice means calibration failed due to movement.
                                      Planes
                                      -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                      -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

I'm pretty sure what I said about re-defining "level" is correct. Recalibrating the gyro is associated with gyro functionality...a different thing.

Comment

I purchased this RX and put it in the Freewing 64mm Sabre. I flew it tonight and it got the speed wobbles bad. It looked like it was going to shake itself to death:Whew: I slowed down to just above a stall speed and it settled out and I landed. I am new to programming a gyro so I figure the gain is too high. My question is how much do I turn the ailerons down? I guess I go counter clockwise but I have not seen any documentation on what the usable range is. It is currently set the way it came.

Comment

Working...
                                          X