Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The gear switch is usually on the left side rear. The throttle cut is usually programmed to the switch on the right side rear. Is the DX6 G3 different? In the pictures, it looks the same as the G2. The two switches should not conflict.

Comment

• In my previous post what I found is that when Mix 1 is used ( I used switch G mixed to GER ) to control the gyro
      the Throttle Cut function would not work. You can assign any switch to any function. Therefore I created the mix
      like I stated previously to be able to turn of the motor.
      Michael

Comment

• Hi all - question about centering the control surface on my plane with the RX600SP: must all centering be done manually, or can I use subtrims in my DX9 SETUP menu or the trim tabs to achieve neutral? Normally I would use subtrims, but not sure with a gyro (RX600SP)?
        Please advise! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Skeezix View Post
          Hi all - question about centering the control surface on my plane with the RX600SP: must all centering be done manually, or can I use subtrims in my DX9 SETUP menu or the trim tabs to achieve neutral? Normally I would use subtrims, but not sure with a gyro (RX600SP)?
          Please advise! :)
          Any gyro can accept a small amount of trim and sub-trim. However, if there is a lot of trimming, you should look at what the control surface look like (take a picture with your cellphone so you have a reference). Then set all trims back to neutral and adjust the rod so it looks like what it did in the picture. You may then still need a little trimming on the next flight but that's OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
            Any gyro can accept a small amount of trim and sub-trim. However, if there is a lot of trimming, you should look at what the control surface look like (take a picture with your cellphone so you have a reference). Then set all trims back to neutral and adjust the rod so it looks like what it did in the picture. You may then still need a little trimming on the next flight but that's OK.
            Ok - so SMALL amounts of subtrim are ok and will NOT effect gyro operations? I only need 2-4 clicks of subtrim to get to completely neutral.

Comment

Ok - so SMALL amounts of subtrim are ok and will NOT effect gyro operations? I only need 2-4 clicks of subtrim to get to completely neutral.
              The subtrim in the servo menu is best used for when you have ailerons, elevators and rudders (dual type) separated into different channels. For the kind of trimming you are needing, it better just to use the trim tabs on the face of the TX. 2-4 clicks there is nothing. I'm talking like a dozen clicks or more.

Comment

The subtrim in the servo menu is best used for when you have ailerons, elevators and rudders (dual type) separated into different channels. For the kind of trimming you are needing, it better just to use the trim tabs on the face of the TX. 2-4 clicks there is nothing. I'm talking like a dozen clicks or more.
                I'm still working through the setup, but trying to achieve a setting on a two position switch where I have gyros ON in one position, and gyros OFF in another position. I absolutely DO NOT CARE about 'recovery' mode at all. I put the gyro in combo 'C', and assigned to a two position switch on my DX9. However, in one switch position, the receiver shows both the red and green lights on (green light flickers SUPER fast, red light is solid), and the other switch position show a brighter SOLID green light.

I've watched all 8 videos, but can't confirm if gyros are either ON or OFF with the setup I explained above. Can you advise?

Again, I just want gyros ON in one position, and OFF in another position so I can turn gyros on or off as I see fit, whether in the air or on the ground.

Comment

I'm still working through the setup, but trying to achieve a setting on a two position switch where I have gyros ON in one position, and gyros OFF in another position. I absolutely DO NOT CARE about 'recovery' mode at all. I put the gyro in combo 'C', and assigned to a two position switch on my DX9. However, in one switch position, the receiver shows both the red and green lights on (green light flickers SUPER fast, red light is solid), and the other switch position show a brighter SOLID green light.

I've watched all 8 videos, but can't confirm if gyros are either ON or OFF with the setup I explained above. Can you advise?

Again, I just want gyros ON in one position, and OFF in another position so I can turn gyros on or off as I see fit, whether in the air or on the ground.
                  Sorry, I wish I could help you but I use the Lemon equivalent of this RX, which is much simpler but has less features and there are enough differences in what the lights mean and the actual procedure involved to assign an ON/OFF switch. Besides watching all the videos, have you read the quick start guide? It may provide you with a different insight. It tells you what the lights should look like for the functions you want.
                  https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...al_RX600SP.pdf

Comment

• Thank you xviper. Any idea where to set the gyro gain pots for the first flight? I was thinking 50% but could be wrong.

Comment

Thank you xviper. Any idea where to set the gyro gain pots for the first flight? I was thinking 50% but could be wrong.
                      50% is too much for most planes, especially if it's a fast plane. Start with 25% and go up in very small increments until the plane begins to oscillate, then dial it back a touch and leave it. That's where it's nice to be able to turn it OFF when it oscillates.

Comment

50% is too much for most planes, especially if it's a fast plane. Start with 25% and go up in very small increments until the plane begins to oscillate, then dial it back a touch and leave it. That's where it's nice to be able to turn it OFF when it oscillates.
                        Roger that. It's a RocHobby P-39 racer, so it's small and probably fast. I'll turn gains down to 25% and start there. Agree, having an on/off switch for the gyro is ideal and I think I have it figured out so I can turn it on and off whilst in-flight.

Comment

• How is the admiral 600sp oriented in the aircraft? Are the plugs forward or aft?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Blais View Post
                            How is the admiral 600sp oriented in the aircraft? Are the plugs forward or aft?
                            I don't believe it matters. You simply have to set the gyro response in the correct direction for how you have it orientated. Yaw doesn't matter. Roll and pitch just have to be reversed.

Comment

• I just ordered this receiver/gyro. Has anyone had any luck using this rx with an iRangeX version 2 module? Using it on a FrSky Horus radio.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                                I just ordered this receiver/gyro. Has anyone had any luck using this rx with an iRangeX version 2 module? Using it on a FrSky Horus radio.
                                Not sure...take a look at post #3 of this thread...

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                                  I just ordered this receiver/gyro. Has anyone had any luck using this rx with an iRangeX version 2 module? Using it on a FrSky Horus radio.
                                  I have one of the new Radiomaster TX16S Transmitters on the way with the built in 4-in-1 Multiprotocol module, which I believe runs the same hardware/firmware as the iRangeX module. USPS claims it will be here tomorrow, although I have my doubts. I expect it to arrive MAYBE Saturday or possibly early next week. Regardless, when it gets here, I will attempt to bind one of my airplanes I am running an RX600SP in and let you know the results. As long as you can bind in DSMX mode, you should be good to go.

Comment

• Hello, I have recently set up the Admiral rx600sp in my Arrows RC Bigfoot. I have been using lemon Stabilizers for a while now but this is the first plane with flaps. I have the Admiral set in Combo C on 3 postion switch (using 2 positions). Of course now I do not have flaps. Any thoughts on how to set up flaps. I am using a Spektrum DX6 gen3.
                                    Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by lostcity View Post
                                      Hello, I have recently set up the Admiral rx600sp in my Arrows RC Bigfoot. I have been using lemon Stabilizers for a while now but this is the first plane with flaps. I have the Admiral set in Combo C on 3 postion switch (using 2 positions). Of course now I do not have flaps. Any thoughts on how to set up flaps. I am using a Spektrum DX6 gen3.
                                      Thanks
                                      If you're using only 2-positions of your 3-position switch, why don't you just use one of the 2-position switches? If I'm not mistaken, the DX6 G3 has 2 - 3 position switches. The standard one is the flap switch. The other one is on the top left of the TX. Why don't you use that one for your "Combo C" and keep the default one for flaps?

Comment

• Xviper, Thought about that. But I am using Switch A (2 position) as a throttle cut. Hmmm

Comment

• If I am understanding this right (don't have the 6G2) can you live with 1/2 flaps? If so 1-2pos switch for thr cut and 1-2-pos switch for flaps up and (1/2) flaps down. Just spit ballin' here so....besides I can't remember when I used full flaps anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                          X