X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
    Hi guys...forgive me for not reading through all the past posts...I have a JR 9503 radio and while I can bind to the receiver fine, I would like to use the “C” mode and an on/off switch. My mix screens for mixes are different from Spectrum’s so I’m guessing. I set up a mix like the video and got the switch to activate the gyro but the gear won’t work. Does anyone have JR experience? Thanks! Rob
    I am at same spot, can only get mode A but can set advanced recovery, can't figure out how to assign channel for mix. aux 2 under switch activation has gyro

Comment

• I'm not fully understanding your question. But, recently I was trying to use Combo C on a two position switch. I did everything according to the videos James has on Youtube. But, something wasn't working right. I can't remember what it was. Then I decided to put +5 instead of -5 in the mix, and it all started to work properly.

Comment

• the problemis the way the JR9503 assigns switches and also mixes, can get gyro bound but can't get it to assign switch to select on/off

Comment

• Need more rx's. When are they coming back in stock?

Comment

• Try Lemon-rx.com. they are the same receivers

Comment

• I am glad I found this forum. Here goes my first post.
              I am in the process of setting up a Sky Surfer X8 I recently purchased with an admiral RX600SP gyro receiver. My radio is a TX16S and I had no problem binding the receiver.
              I have my pots for the gain on the rudder and elevator turned all the way up and when I test to check the direction I am not getting much movement from the control surfaces.
              Why am I not seeing the same type of movement of these surfaces as in the Motion RC set-up video?

I can see my servos with the canopy removed and see the servo arms moving when I rock the fuselage just not getting any noticeable movement. (Why?)

Also, does anyone know how to set up the recovery mode on a TX16S radio?

Thanks,

Comment

• 1. Are your rates at 100% in the TX?
                2. Which hole is the rod in at the servo arm?
                3. Which hole is the rod in at the control surface end?

Can't help you with the radio. I don't use that kind.

Comment

• Before I set my rates I was not getting much movement. I set my low rates to 75%, 25% expo and my high rates to 100%, 20% expo.
                  The elevator and rudder push rods were in the outer most hole at the servos; I can't get to these to move the push rods.
                  I have both my rudder in the first hole and elevator set in the second hole furthest from the control surface.

With the sky surfer I find that if I move the rods at the control horns to the innermost hole for more throw I get some binding at the push rods.
                  There is plenty of throw with these settings.

I had to bend the pushrods to line them up with the control horns for smoother action.

See pictures below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1516.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	318560
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Do you get the throws back when you turn the gains to zero? Is it possible that you accidentally somehow set the gyro in "recovery" mode? In recovery mode, throws are quite limited.

Comment

• Gentlemen, I need help setting up my freewing F16 using the Admiral 600 SP receiver and I have a Spektrum DX8 Gen 2 TX. I want to set it up with Flaperons. Is there a video for this or can anyone help

Comment

• Originally posted by 2139bobe View Post
                        Gentlemen, I need help setting up my freewing F16 using the Admiral 600 SP receiver and I have a Spektrum DX8 Gen 2 TX. I want to set it up with Flaperons. Is there a video for this or can anyone help
                        You need to tell us what you've done so far. Have you gone to the product page for this device at MotionRC and looked at the "video" and "support" tabs? That's a good place to start.

Comment

• I have set all the dip switches to on, on the receiver. On the TX I have set the wing type to flaperon. On the main TX screen I have set the flaps on a 3 pos switch. Ailerons work fine but when I move the flap switch to pos 1 one aileron goes up and one goes down. This is a freewing F16 90. I have looked on the product page and watched all the videos there is nothing there that addresses this.

Comment

• Set the dip switches for flaperon on the RX, but then set the wing type to just normal with flaps. 1 ail 1 flap I believe. Then try it. The RX routes the info from the Tx to the servos.

Comment

• I had tried that and it did not work. I will try it again and re bind.

Comment

• I am trying to get flaperons on my F16 also. How can i assign the aux channel as aileron 2 and will that work bypassing the electronics board in the plane ??

Comment

• What I'm about to post may or may not be applicable to the 600SP, which is a derivative of the Lemon Stab Plus. In the case of the Lemon product, not only are the dipswitches J4,5,6 set to ON, BUT in addition to this, the TX must be set to "flaperon" in the wing type menu. This is contrary to the usual methodology when dealing with a gyro device where the TX is in fact, set to "1 AIL". There appears to be some irregularity (or uniqueness) to the Lemon product, which may be related to the 600SP. Stabilization in flaperon mode is unique and may also be related to the fact that "recovery" mode MUST NOT be used when flaperons are deployed. This tells me that when flaps are deployed, stabilization may be negatively affected. Also ensure that one aileron is plugged into the aileron port and the other aileron is plugged into the flap (AUX1) port. Which one goes where is determined by trial and error and also by experimenting with servo reverse on one or both ailerons.
                                  Although the Lemon and 600SP products are very reasonably priced for what you get, personally, I wouldn't use one for stabilized flaperons. There are other (but more expensive) products that work better for this purpose. For non-flaperon functions, these are exceptional value for the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
                                    I am trying to get flaperons on my F16 also. How can i assign the aux channel as aileron 2 and will that work bypassing the electronics board in the plane ??
                                    Bypassing the board when using a gyro for flaperons is a good idea. The board may do weird things to the gyro affect.
                                    PS. I have never been able to successfully get stabilized flaperons to function using this kind of stabilized RX. I've had limited success doing "dual ailerons" and then going with a mix for flaps. This maintains stabilization for ailerons while not having the deployment of the flaps causing severe adverse affects on aileron stabilization. However, one must take the risk of over driving the aileron servos if the stabilization gain is set too high, which may mean that aileron gyro stabilization becomes useless and pointless.

Comment

• Thank you everyone for the responses. After much experimentation and help from various folks and from the great tech guys at Motion RC I have discovered that by toggling the dip switches back and forth I was able to get the stabilization working on all channels. That is all it took. On the 600SP left ail goes in Ail channel right Ail goes in aux 1 set rx to Flaperons. Set your servo direction accordingly. TX gets set to Flaperons. Rx is in combo A with no mix for recovery button.

Comment

• Does the Gain knob on the NX10 reduce or increase gains on the Admiral RX600SP?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coconut View Post
                                          Does the Gain knob on the NX10 reduce or increase gains on the Admiral RX600SP?
                                          "Master Gain" as controlled by a knob makes the set gain go from "0%" to "100%" of whatever you set on the gain pots on the device. IE, if your gain pots on the device is set at the mid-point (or 50%), then your knob can adjust to gain from ZERO % to 100% or 50% (or 50%). If the knob is set to the 1/2 way mark, then your total gain is 50% of 50% (or 25%). Most planes use actual gain of around 25% to 35%. The faster the plane, the less gain it can handle. Also for most planes, use "rate" gain. "Heading" gain should only be used for slow 3D flight.
                                          PS. As to whether the knob increases or decreases the gain is generally "increasing" as you turn it clockwise, UNLESS you've reversed the knob function.

Comment

Working...
                                          X