Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I flew these today! Put up 6 flights with 4 of them on the F-104. Awesome day.

How to pack three jets into a Jeep
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20171203_090022.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	107003

On the flight line

Name:	20171203_152231.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	107004
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• All your jets look awesome! I'm going to do the same scheme on my 90mm F-104.
      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        105mm F-16!
        Not on grass ;)
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
          105mm F-16!
          Yeah Man..........Time to Step Up and get that maiden under your belt at the paved strip;)
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Yeah Man..........Time to Step Up and get that maiden under your belt at the paved strip;)
            No time tomorrow, busy day...will have to fly at daybreak to get it in tomorrow.
            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Well I wanted Day 500 of my daily flying exercise to be special so I maiden-ed the B-24!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171204_204319612_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	383.9 KB ID:	107114

She took off easily in about 75' as I eased back on the elevator, I used the recommended rates on the first flight then dialed in the ailerons some and added in some rudder mix for the second. The B-24 is very predictable and responds as you would expect...except where the throttle is concerned, she is a rocket ship! She will cruise easily at 1/3 throttle and is faster than scale at 1/2...I'm serious when I say she would probably out run some of my jets. I got 3 minutes on the first flight and 4 on the second with 3.8 left in the packs. I had a pretty good head wind landing and didn't use flaps and she still slowed down nicely and touched down like a feather, even with a decent flare that low belly never touched.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171204_213240462_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	246.6 KB ID:	107113

The ONLY issue I had and it really wasn't one was that the nose wheel "girdle" blew off on a fast pass...looks better without it anyway.
              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Congrats on 500 consecutive days George. Way to go. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Not on grass ;)
                  You're kidding, it loves the grass! :Cool:
                  video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

• Originally posted by Porkster View Post

You're kidding, it loves the grass! :Cool:
                    video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
                    The HSD F-16?
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

The HSD F-16?
                      Thats what the video caption said ;)
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Thats what the video caption said ;)
                        Nice :Cool:
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Thanks. It's not been without its fair share of issues but overall it is a great plane. Congratulations on the successful maiden of the B-24 :)

Comment

• TiredIron...video please!!

Anxious to see that big beast on it's maiden flight.

Comment

• Pearl Harbor Day and Day 503, I flew this fast Moma-Chicken...

Name:	20171207_193411000_iOS.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	107649
                              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                                TiredIron...video please!!

Anxious to see that big beast on it's maiden flight.
                                There was no one here to video when I maidened it.
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Hard to video when you are doing outside snap rolls.... :P Hold my beer and watch this!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Pearl Harbor Day and Day 503, I flew this fast Moma-Chicken...
                                    Have you tried it on 6S yet? I'm still doing 4S. I've seen vids of these buggers doing 165mph on 6S:Scared:. Supposedly, the stock system will handle it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Have you tried it on 6S yet? I'm still doing 4S. I've seen vids of these buggers doing 165mph on 6S:Scared:. Supposedly, the stock system will handle it.
                                      I did on my first one...it went in around 120mph it was spectacular!
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I did on my first one...it went in around 120mph it was spectacular!
                                        It's funny, that faster foam flys, the harder the ground getsLOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

It's funny, that faster foam flys, the harder the ground getsLOL.
                                          It went in nose first on pavement and probably bounced 10 feet and as it was coming back down the 6S 3000 exploded into flames...it was the best crash I've ever had.
                                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Working...
                                          X