First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you go man, 1 step at a time, you'll make it happen
    rc flyin addict

Comment

• I got the wing cut and mostly shaped. Still have some work on it, but I feel good about this one. I plan to run 2 batteries this time though hopefully that will fix my weight issues with the older design of having to use dead weight. Also plan to use more front carbon fiber up front as well. I am having fun with this. :)

Comment

• sounds great, I always feel if I have had to add dead weight I have made a mistake, lighter always flies better.
        rc flyin addict

Comment

• Yes indeed. Here's a pic so far.

Comment

• Just waiting on parts to do the finishing on it. Thats when I will seal the halfs together and make her solid. I did add some spars to the wingtips to keep the wings good and solid as well

Comment

• looking good, the flying wings I have thrust line is mostly straight out the back, I wonder if this is how it has to be or if some amount angle will be workable. I guess you'll tell us, nice pioneering work Sir.
              rc flyin addict

Comment

• I just cut those in the likes of the full scale. Hopefully I will have opportunities to adjust if needed. Worst case I can make the internal mount adjustable for the thrust angle. I went with the dual battery setup because I want to mount the motors on this one in back. The larger one I plan on buying different motors than the p38 ones and use a boat collet style shaft coupler instead of the joining nut I used in the original. Still go with the 1/4" shaft but since I used the boat parts in my P39 project and it is smooth as silk I will do the same on the 6' wing. :)

Comment

• fantastic, looks sweet, I like your plan
                  rc flyin addict

Comment

• According to tracking info, the motors and props will be here tomorrow. The undercarriage on the third. Once I have all that, it's game on!

Comment

• Placed the motors and resized the tubes

Comment

• Here we go so far

Comment

• Finally I have approval and the blessing to build my 400x20 ft runway in front of my house. Right next to the driveway that is unusable because it has light rocks that trap land gear, and trees to close on the opposing side of where I want to build the runway. The good things is I can use the tree to shade the planes from the sun when not in the air. Win win.

Comment

• Good deal on the runway! And it's nice to some progress on the wing project too.

Comment

• Yeah I kinda got down the last couple weeks and i didn't do much work on anything. I'm also hoping having the runway will spur more development and testing of my ideas

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                Yeah I kinda got down the last couple weeks and i didn't do much work on anything. I'm also hoping having the runway will spur more development and testing of my ideas
                                I'm sure you read of my announcement of the BWA airstrip thanks to my dad. So........now you got to have a name for your airstrip.;)
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• RUNWAY, yessss :o) worked for so long to get our 100ft of pavement, makes it so nice. It was all we could do here but I can get it all off the birds ground by then.
                                  Looking forward to the video maiden of the wing lifting off your new runway !
                                  rc flyin addict

Comment

• Absolutely :)

Comment

• Thank you for you service to our country, it's a dept we can never repay.
                                      rc flyin addict

Comment

• Was glad to be able to do it. I miss it alot everyday. I miss my soldiers, they were a good group of men and women.

Comment

• Well, back to this project, I finished programming everything into the horus x10. Just got to make the battery covers and it'll be go for test flight this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                          X