• Show
Clear All

• nice work !
    rc flyin addict

Comment

• Genius. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
        Aaaaahhh very simple setup really, joining 3 pushrods with a wheel collar 2 to both control surfaces and one back to the servo. Added an easy connector to the servo arm no set screw. Leave space behind the easy connector for it to slide back when it's engaging the opposite rudder but add a brake spring from a RC nitro car to keep tension on the rudder when closed and you have a poor man's setup for a drag rudder system. :)

PS don't forget to solder the joint of the pushrods as well for extra security.
        RM.......actually was looking for you to show a close up pic of this setup. Do they also function as ailerons too??
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Oh sorry and no these don't these are just outboard rudder systems. Single servo. For what you want I would think you could have a spring loaded surfaces that can be switched activated. and would require two separate servos. I have no doubt can be created to work together as you could run the stock servo as your ailerons and set this system up mid surface and open and close them the same way, using the spring to keep them closed yet will still actuate as ailerons. That would be my idea on that. Because if I had given them that second servo operation I know the rudders would do that as well

Comment

• When I get home I'll take pics of what I mean, just run really short control horns.

Comment

• Close up of my drag rudder system, my thinking is, if you were to use standard aileron hinges this would easily work on the A10 setup you're wanting to do. It'll be interesting seeing your results.

Comment

• Thanx for the close up RM, gives me an option. Won't know more whether decelerons will be an achievable mod until I actually have the beast in hand.
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Just ordered blue prints for an 82" Horton 229. I'll probably have them reduced a bit. rifleman..you're an inspiration!!!;)Doc

Comment

• OV, a buddy and I were talking about it, he was thinking use a crow mix with it. So seems like alot of options and possibilities exist. I hope it works, that would be awesome! Doc, make it large and proud my friend! :D

Comment

• Doc, if you build with foam, Lowe's has 4x8' sheets from 1/4-3/4inch thickness. Home Depot has similar foam only pink instead of blue to a full inch thick. Also 4x8'. That's why this foam has become my go to building material.

Comment

• I also added a small wire strut to prevent prop strikes

Comment

• And I'm scratching that, found a way to make it retractable

Comment

• Is the pink and blue the same kind of foam? Doc

Comment

• Yeah, the only difference is the company brand name. The actual foam is identical

Comment

• Here's actually 2" thick board. http://m.homedepot.com/p/Owens-Corni...-45W/100320352

Comment

• This is what I used https://m.lowes.com/pd/STYROFOAM-Com...ge-R-4/3125297

Comment

• https://youtu.be/buCsC42LvLw retractable tail wheel complete

Comment

• Now ready for testing and tuning. Taxi test was great. Moment of Truth, this Sunday, fly or die!

Comment

• Gonna test fly then finish it up after I know she'll fly well.

Comment

• I like the scale retractable tail wheel!

Comment

Working...
                                          X