Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck Rifleman. Take a video if you can. Quite a few of us interested .

Dewey l

Comment

• That tail wheel is too cool!

Good luck on the maiden!

Comment

• I sure will, for the religious guys, say a prayer for me! Lol and thank you all for following along. If she flys really well, I'll make an fpv canopy for it. I hope she glides well. I need to check the​ all up weight too. I'll have that posted soon

Comment

• Auw is 6lbs exactly with the 4S 5000mah battery installed

Comment

• prayers sent ! , looking forward to the flight report. Be really accurate with the cg, flying wings are not forgiving since they have no tail as a leaver to compensate.
            rc flyin addict

Comment

• Copy that, will do

Comment

• You've done a great job on the build Rifleman good luck and good flying! :Cool:

Comment

• I didn't think to check til now, but yeah I did get the prop spin correct :)

Comment

• GOOD LUCK!!!!:Cool:Doc

Comment

• Best of luck to you rifleman, following this build has me so jacked up, I don't care about the NCAA basketball tournament!

Comment

• Right on, it sure is a fun project!

Comment

• She has alittle color now

Comment

• As promised here is the video... I missed the CG big time, however, it is something she survived and we will try again. Guess she needed 32 oz of lead in the nose. Yup I drilled in and installed 2 16oz fishing weights then patched the hole up... Anyway here is the video... https://youtu.be/rNlA8WjlHSk

Comment

• The weight added and patched over
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Shortly after takeoff, rifleman realized he had a tail heavy situation, and promptly landed! Good job!!!:Cool:

Comment

• Rifleman, you may already know this, but there is a certain way to find the CG on a delta wing. I know how but it's too much to explain here. Look up "finding the CG on a delta wing". It's pretty easy.:Cool:Doc

Comment

• Here you go, one of my go to sites: http://fwcg.3dzone.dk/

Comment

• Delta, I found that one and that's how I found out I needed to make this thing a lead sled. After inputting all the information asked for, I put her on a balancing tool hooked a fishing scale to the tip of the nose and there was that magic 2lb number :/

Comment

• Hopefully it is not too heavy at that weight, but I have had the same issue before with my old FT Versa wing. I actually ended up duct taping the head of a hammer in the nose to balance it..

Comment

• What's your wing area rifleman? I'd like to know your wing loading, it's probably not that bad. This can be your v1, you built it so fast I know you can apply what you've learned and build a lighter v2!
                                          How did you install the retracts, did you add any reinforcement or just glue the pockets into the foam? I don't have any experience on foam planes and don't want to over build (add weight) and make too strong. Our balsa and ply planes were tanks compared to foamies, which seem to be designed to break away on crashes.

Comment

Working...
                                          X