First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are brand new motors though

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
      I'm not sure what it is. I've already changed out one of the escs still did the same, unless I have a motor going out
      OK....since I now believe that you are parallel connected by the swapping ESC's comment...................Bet on the motor ;)
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

They are brand new motors though
        New motors don't mean a thing.......I have had three times now bad bearings on 2 FL's and 1 Detrum right out of the box.
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I was thinking that. I'll have to see if the other motors I wasn't going to use will work. Such a pain in the butt lol

Comment

• Dont throw the towels on us yet, lol...

I do find it cool to go think outside the box and see where it gets you. I just started this yr, and hopefully soon I may start working on projects, not up to the challenge yet of building etc outside the usual arf/bnf.

Comment

• Had some old park 400 920 kv motors from my long since gone eflite P38 just finished the replacement. Now let the glue set and try again

Comment

• Two bits of news. First the swap was the key she flew straight and true. Second I don't have the grunt to get her to a safe launching speed she landed flat like a glide test landing. However that seem to be all it was off the throw

Comment

• I'm thinking on getting these then cutting and shaping the wires to the size I want on this plane.

Comment

I'm thinking on getting these then cutting and shaping the wires to the size I want on this plane.
                    https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...g-auw-max.html
                    I tried those retracts in my FMS P-39, and they are not good quality. Very cheap stamped metal parts. They broke clean on the first landing.

Comment

• Dang you lost your original retracts on the p39? Mine still on the original since last year with at least 35-40 flights on it easy

Comment

Dang you lost your original retracts on the p39? Mine still on the original since last year with at least 35-40 flights on it easy
                        Didn't loose them, I modded them with the motor towards the outside, so that I could make shorter, scale length gear: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...80mm-p-39-mods.

Comment

• Ah ok seems like this set would be waaaay too light for the 39. They were only rated for 2kg. If I'm thinking right isnt the 39 like almost 4lbs?

Comment

• Well my mobile conversation computer between the ears was alot off. Since 2kg is near 4.5 lbs. My bad.

Comment

• I built a launch platform

Comment

• Good deal, looks like the project is picking up momentum. So basically its made of parts from the leftover bin? You have not spent a lot of money...

Comment

• Exactly

Comment

• looking good, I'd like to see some video of that launch , good luck !
                                    rc flyin addict

Comment

• Will do, just have to source some surgical tubing and I'm thinking she will be good to go

Comment

• Got the tubing, now it's off to the races! Looks like it'll launch fine, I will test Sunday. Also if this one gets airborne I'm going to build a fresh air frame and perty it up. And once I get that good and solid. I might go back to the 6' wing and and get her in the air.

Comment

• Ok after thinking on this for a couple hours.... I'm gonna scrap this airframe and start the new one. I really don't like how this one looks anymore. I'm going to try to get a more streamline canopy and I'm going to try multi rotor style motors to reduce the weight in the rear. I may also make a different motor pod setup and not use the stick mounts. All in the effort to save weight and hopefully make the cg placement where I really want it without adding weight to the nose. I'm looking at 2204 size motors at about 26g each. Pushing the escs as near to the battery compartment as possible as close to the front as well. And the servos will be done the same as that did seem to work well on this one. I'm hoping to be able to hand launch without problem, or I do plan to go ahead with adding retracts so I can attempt rog flight. Anyway that's where I am. After dealing with this in my mind for 8 months. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                          X