X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Problem is many of these guys want foam / PNP stuff. Balsa and Ply fly better IMO. I do own a lot of foam stuff and am not bashing it.
    Mike
    It would be great if MRC could begin to offer basla/ply/ glass composite ARF plus/ PNP larger birds like BVM does. They could include nice XWave retracts, next level "Admiral" servos, lighting packages, and maybe higher end fan/motor/ESC or turbine options. It could be handled with an ala carte drop down menu taylored for that particular airframe.

Most of the "optional" choices would have to be user installed, but still come as a package. Price points would of course be higher than the typical PNP foam airframes. The end result would be a next level aircraft for those ready or wanting one.

The addition of the Roban and Black Horse lines was a good move into other markets. I have no idea what kind of stock levels were brought in for the first round of Black Horse planes, but many have been sold out and several of us are waiting for the next shipments to arrive.

I too enjoy the foam composit birds that I have. The larger wood and glass birds do fly better and are more durable if designed and set-up correctly.

Comment

• Also ProFly is a great addition to Motion's line up.

Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj
        How about these as a start, since Motion is the US distributer for Black Horse?
        That's not all the Blackhorse planes either: https://www.turbines-rc.com/en/42-je...er-black_horse . But yes a majority of us want foam, and a minority of us, probably just me, prefer the smaller 64-70 mm range.

Comment

• A FreeWing twin 70mm of wanna deez, pleeezzz!

Comment

• Come on Alpha. Papa needs a new Panther.....

Plane budget getting full and its a use it or loose it..... help a flyer out....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Motion Page.png
Views:	690
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	211718

Comment

• Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
              Come on Alpha. Papa needs a new Panther.....

Plane budget getting full and its a use it or loose it..... help a flyer out....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Motion Page.png
Views:	690
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	211718

While I'd accept the Pensacola scheme, I prefer the Fleet Navy Blue and not that horror that they perpetrated on the Freewing 64 mm version. My other preference would be a 4S 70 mm.

Comment

• ​ Toko Ri

​a couple of other suggestions...

Comment

• Its why i went to printing planes, these have jumped passed my buget point for the time being.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                    Its why i went to printing planes, these have jumped passed my buget point for the time being.
                    Ya wanna know what, I’m trying to figure a way to get a decent laser cutter so I can cut my own kits...printer/ plotter after that.

Comment

• This about sums it up:

Comment

• Hey Alpha, just got around to reading your article in Model Aviation from July (yah, I know, I'm way behind on everything-supposed to be this year's motto of more flying, less buying-so far it has been a lot of more flying, but unfortunately since you guys keep coming up with outstanding new releases, it's still been more buying, but less of everything else, including cash ). What an outstanding article you put together on your process of putting great planes in our hangers. Sounds like a lot of work, but must be very rewarding.

It's actually hard to believe that with everything going into each new model, that 99% of the time everything works great and fits perfectly, my hats off to you and the team. I have a new appreciation for every plane and part that shows up at my door. Now if I could get my pilot (oh crap, that's me ) to be as good as your product, it would be a perfect world.
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• So are we counting the V2 A-6 as a new plane?

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
                            So are we counting the V2 A-6 as a new plane?
                            Where are you seeing a V2 A-6?

*edit* Found it! Looks like the “high performance” version with a new fan and ESC. A nice surprise, but I wouldn’t call it a V2 as there don’t appear to be any changes to the airframe.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

*edit* Found it! Looks like the “high performance” version with a new fan and ESC. A nice surprise, but I wouldn’t call it a V2 as there don’t appear to be any changes to the airframe.
                              Tomato-tomato, it's just what many probably did if there were an ARF version, or just really picky. I don't know, I don't usually follow the planes bigger than 70 mm. For a moment, when I checked the "New Planes" section and seen the foamie count go from 16 to 17, I got excited, then depressed when it turned out not to be a totally new plane, but an upgrade of an existing model.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

They did the same thing when the high performance 70mm F16 came out. Suddenly there was a new F16 with inrunner and upgraded gear already on it but no talk about it from MRC. I am glad to see more planes being offered in a "high performance" version with an inrunner though!!!

Comment

• the little 64mm panther with the 4 cell hop up is a rocket. Shes fun to fly but given her size and speed you have to stay after her a bit. cool plane but I would hope for something that has not been done though
                                  rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

Ya wanna know what, I’m trying to figure a way to get a decent laser cutter so I can cut my own kits...printer/ plotter after that.
                                    Thats another thing i want to look into doing as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                      Now if I could get my pilot (oh crap, that's me ) to be as good as your product, it would be a perfect world.
                                      Hey Hugh, Just want to say our thoughts and prayers are for you over the next few days as you attempt "Hurricane Avoidance" in the Miami area. Certainly, you have been through this before, though here in the Midwest we do marvel at the 'hurry up and wait' preparations that are made to remain 'feet dry'. All the best to you and yours, Steve
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yes sir Hugh, and all folks in the potential AO! Our prayers are going up for ya’ll! Jerry

Comment

• Well, whatever Alpha's coming up with will now cost 15% more than the originally planned price, as with pretty much everything else.

Comment

Working...
                                          X