Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me, or is it now not possible to but the wing rails separately? I've noticed this for both the F/A-18C and now the Su-35 (they don't even appear bundled with the replacement wing set).

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Spare parts are my life blood, especially when you have the combination of a bad pilot along with any unforeseen mechanical breakdowns . I won't buy a plane from anyone else except Motion because they keep their products "alive" much longer than anyone else and continue to stock spare parts. With HH, sometimes I had to buy a spare plane just for parts (like the Beast 60 Bi-Plane) as they were only available for a short time before being "discontinued". I keep a spare parts closet with bins for each plane along with 8 large plastic bins for props, extra wings, canopies, etc. If there is a part that Motion is out of and I have that plane, let me know cause the odds are I have plenty of extras!
      That's one of the truly bizarre things about HH. The best sellers, especially the UMX EDFs like the original MiG-15 and Habu 180 were only around for a short time, but the had the same UM T-28 around for YEARS and still have the Champ. Meanwhile, MRC has had the 64 mm Freewing F9F, F-86, and MiG-15 since day 1, though I wish they'd update THOSE so all three have an LG option and the F9F had a better color scheme.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

That's one of the truly bizarre things about HH. The best sellers, especially the UMX EDFs like the original MiG-15 and Habu 180 were only around for a short time, but the had the same UM T-28 around for YEARS and still have the Champ. Meanwhile, MRC has had the 64 mm Freewing F9F, F-86, and MiG-15 since day 1, though I wish they'd update THOSE so all three have an LG option and the F9F had a better color scheme.
        So it is ok to do updates on planes as long as they are the updates YOU want!

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

So it is ok to do updates on planes as long as they are the updates YOU want!
          Upgrades are ok, but don't claim them as "new" because you change a few elements on a plane. Perhaps they could have their own index page of "UPGRADED" in stead of listing as "NEW".

Comment

• Alpha and Motion,

With the difficulties of Sun exposure with black painted EPO foam, I'm assuming many stealth aircraft like the F-117, B-2, SR-71, etc. are likely out of the question until a reliable means of preventing this "popcorn" effect of black painted EPO is found.

However, sometimes the full sized aircraft had a limited run of test paint schemes like camouflage. The F-117 appears to be one of them. So .......how about a camo. Nighthawk? That way we still get one and we won't have to worry as much about the Sun exposure since it won't be painted the typical matte black color of most full sized F-117's. If customers want to paint them black, they're free to do so, and then it's on them if their foam gets deformed in the Sun.

Just throwing this out there .

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
              Alpha and Motion,

With the difficulties of Sun exposure with black painted EPO foam, I'm assuming many stealth aircraft like the F-117, B-2, SR-71, etc. are likely out of the question until a reliable means of preventing this "popcorn" effect of black painted EPO is found.

However, sometimes the full sized aircraft had a limited run of test paint schemes like camouflage. The F-117 appears to be one of them. So .......how about a camo. Nighthawk? That way we still get one and we won't have to worry as much about the Sun exposure since it won't be painted the typical matte black color of most full sized F-117's. If customers want to paint them black, they're free to do so, and then it's on them if their foam gets deformed in the Sun.

Just throwing this out there .
              I've mentioned this before, and even had pictures in one post. Of the three, the SR-71 with the A-12 Oxcart paint scheme of silver with black piping would be the best and technically "scale".

Comment

• T-Cat, if you got a 3D printer and are not shy with some assembling I have some skunkworks planes in the pipeline.

Finishing up a 1.6m U2 for 50mm edf and considering a f117 for a 70 next. Twin 70 blackbird also is in the front of my mind

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                  T-Cat, if you got a 3D printer and are not shy with some assembling I have some skunkworks planes in the pipeline.

Finishing up a 1.6m U2 for 50mm edf and considering a f117 for a 70 next. Twin 70 blackbird also is in the front of my mind
                  Amazing! I can't wait to see how those turn out. I haven't yet dabbled in 3D printing, but I'm very close to splurging on one within the next year. Your work is incredible and I always enjoy reading about it and seeing pictures.

Comment

I've mentioned this before, and even had pictures in one post. Of the three, the SR-71 with the A-12 Oxcart paint scheme of silver with black piping would be the best and technically "scale".
                    A SR-71 with the A-12 paint scheme would be fun, but it still has quite a bit of black paint that would be an issue in direct sunlight unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

A SR-71 with the A-12 paint scheme would be fun, but it still has quite a bit of black paint that would be an issue in direct sunlight unfortunately.
                      I found a picture of the Oxcart with minimal black. The best way would be to use silver paint/foam and have the black parts as either stickers or regular plastic for the nose and engine cones.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ox.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	216190

Comment

I found a picture of the Oxcart with minimal black. The best way would be to use silver paint/foam and have the black parts as either stickers or regular plastic for the nose and engine cones.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ox.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	216190
                        That specific scheme in that photo definitely shows less black painted areas than other paint schemes of the Oxcart. Vinyl, plastic, or water slide could work for the non-silver areas.

Comment

• That scheme would be a great option. Twin 70mm - 80mm would be ideal. Could even make the nose section removable with wing type tubes and quick disconnect plug in connectors. Transport would then be easy for those with limited space. Let's do this!

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                            That scheme would be a great option. Twin 70mm - 80mm would be ideal. Could even make the nose section removable with wing type tubes and quick disconnect plug in connectors. Transport would then be easy for those with limited space. Let's do this!
                            Looks like it would be relegated to a belly lander cause the gear/doors would never survive your grass very long Sorry bud....just am a realist
                            I'm sure Alpha is thinking of projects that are more in tune to the larger segment of the hobby that needs gear suited to turf operations
                            I've said it before but I'll keep prodding, FL has made the rotating 90 gear for the 1600 Corsair so it is just a natural to do the iconic Pacific theatre Hellcat in a 1600.
                            There is no acceptable mid sized one in existence. We either do the 1270 Dynam (on clearance) or the 1625 H9 with no flaps or the TF Giant
                            The challenge has been tossed Alpha, this 1600 F6F right behind a super scale foamy 1600 PLEASE
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Looks like it would be relegated to a belly lander cause the gear/doors would never survive your grass very long Sorry bud....just am a realist
                              Then why not make two sizes, like they have for the F-86? A twin 70 or 80 mm with all the bells and whistles for those with a decent runway and a twin 50 mm with an lg option like the Freewing 64 mm for those who don't.

Comment

Then why not make two sizes, like they have for the F-86? A twin 70 or 80 mm with all the bells and whistles for those with a decent runway and a twin 50 mm with an lg option like the Freewing 64 mm for those who don't.
                                Now, there's a guy with vision...

Runway improvements on tap for next year OV10(WBC).

Comment

• "What's Next Alpha?" is an eternal question that has a monstrous challenge ahead of it. I hope we see new warbirds; biplanes; floatplanes; sport planes; more jets and civilian planes all materialized by Freewing and FlightLine. A"Silver Anniversary" SR71 with twin 70's would be cool....At least we could get a properly produced one in the air and not the BH one....If you don't like the silver, spray it black with automotive rubber undercoating....

Comment

• Hey Alpha, check this one out: https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/rover3/

Comment

• Alpha posted a picture of the new AL37 in production and I don't recognize the other plane in the background!

Edit... is that the SU-35??

Click image for larger version  Name:	Alpha.png Views:	0 Size:	269.3 KB ID:	217530

Comment

• I love that you "zoomed to enhance" on that picture, Jameson. *Is* that the SU-35?
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I'm sure Alpha is thinking of projects that are more in tune to the larger segment of the hobby that needs gear suited to turf operations
                                          I've said it before but I'll keep prodding, FL has made the rotating 90 gear for the 1600 Corsair so it is just a natural to do the iconic Pacific theatre Hellcat in a 1600.
                                          There is no acceptable mid sized one in existence. We either do the 1270 Dynam (on clearance) or the 1625 H9 with no flaps or the TF Giant
                                          The challenge has been tossed Alpha, this 1600 F6F right behind a super scale foamy 1600 PLEASE
                                          Charlie, I forgot if you have my WeChat, or my Skype. Either way, give me a holler when you can.

Hellcat, hellcat, are you the one who prompted Andre to ask me that question on the RC Afterhours podcast I was on yesterday?
                                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X