Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Alpha, Not to worry about hot seats, we got duct tape! As far as whatever it is coming out tomorrow, you are right on the button, we should all celebrate. In Motion RC, and some of the other retailers, we have been given kits we all could love, no matter how ugly your redheaded stepchild is. With what you and your team at Motion have done for all us RC drivers, I will continue to support the business because it gives me a place to get away from all this fun. I say kudos to Motion RC, the team there, and to my favorite credit card company. May the smoke clear from my wallet before I run out of fun!
    Dutchman

Comment

• As I go around to various events, I talk with some of the “more seasoned” pilots. I often hear “it’s sure not like the good old days anymore”. My response is “Well, thank goodness for that!”

There has never been a better time to be in the hobby!

You can still build from kits or scratch build if you want to. In fact, laser cutting has made that better. If a pilot is short on time, RTF, PNP, and BNF model choices are abundant in both fixed wing and rotorcraft. The quality and choices of hardware and components is the best it’s ever been.

The selections available for power these days are more efficient, lighter, cleaner, and more affordable.

If you want something different, like cars, boats, subs, tanks, and even construction equipment, it’s there.

As the tireless enigma that is Alpha said “something for everyone”.

Motion RC’s product-line expansion has been exponential over the last couple of years. Much of it never gets the official announcement treatment. Like the new BenchCraft glue line. Good stuff.

Looking forward to see what all is next!

Comment

• Copy THAT! What would have taken me at least a year to build 'back in the day' I can build in a few months. I know I am slow, but it is a hobby and I couldn't be more pleased at its' direction. Major League thanks to Freewing and Flightline Models and to MotionRC for the opportunity to build my 'dream machines'. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Woof Bark Woof Woof!!!!
          (Translation) Is it Friday yet?! Oh please let it be Friday!! THIS WAITING IS KILLING ME!!!!
          Best regards,
          Cris B.
          AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
          NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• Alpha and others have made great points. The "something for everyone" thought process seems like a good one to have. As much as I hope tomorrow's new jet announcement is a suprise I'll enjoy, it's all good if it's not. Even if I'm disappointed, I know there will be many others who would be ecstatic about the release if it has been something they have wanted for a long time, and rightfully so. I don't expect to always be happy about what a manufacturer decides to create. The great part about it is people somewhere are happy about it and that keeps the hobby going. I really hope that when I don't buy something for whatever reason, someone else out there is. There are so many facets of this hobby and I hope many are enjoying it often enough to keep the hobby moving into the future.

As much as I love new RC products, I always have to remind myself of a few things when a new announcement (aircraft in this case) occurs, including but not limited to.....there will always be another announcement in the future, just because I want a new plane doesn't mean I'll enjoy flying a specific airframe type like I had hoped after I finally own it, maybe I wanted to simply see the aircraft modeled to see the finished product but I didn't actually want an RC version like I thought I would, I don't need as many RC airplanes as I want , storage space and time to circulate through flying each model frequently enough for me is limited so I try to choose my purchases more wisely, one or more aircraft on my "must buy" list could be in the near future, enjoy and appreciate the engineering and production feats that go into the modeling of a new RC aircraft, have fun watching people's reactions to the announcement, and enjoy the fun and anticipation of the release and get ready for the next one.

Is it morning yet?!!!! Ughhhhh

Comment

• Originally posted by dutchwhite001 View Post
              Hey Alpha, Not to worry about hot seats, we got duct tape! As far as whatever it is coming out tomorrow, you are right on the button, we should all celebrate. In Motion RC, and some of the other retailers, we have been given kits we all could love, no matter how ugly your redheaded stepchild is. With what you and your team at Motion have done for all us RC drivers, I will continue to support the business because it gives me a place to get away from all this fun. I say kudos to Motion RC, the team there, and to my favorite credit card company. May the smoke clear from my wallet before I run out of fun!
              Dutchman
              And lest we forget, the other companies that got eliminated by the Obamany, or assimilated by "They Who Shall Not Be Name". My favorite was Toysonics, who gave me the Sky Angel 50 mm and the Nice Sky 70 mm XB-70 (hint, hint, wink wink).

Comment

• Alpha

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault (1).jpg
Views:	321
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	225760

Comment

• "Something For Everyone"...What would be really awesome would be "Free Shipping" from Motion RC. After some major expenses in 2019, I recently purchased the Avios Albatross from HK and low and behold there wasn't any shipping charges from Tualatin,Oregon to Toronto,Ontario....It was like Santa coming to the front door with "No Charges" on the paperwork! I've been around long enough knowing that nothing in this life is really free, but I was "bottle happy" for once that I didn't have to fork out extra charges! Because of the empty existence of people in my country, which may not be a bad thing in some cases; the dollar is weaker and we get skewered for the US exchange. BooHoo. Unfortunately, our pansy Prime Minister can't help me there. In any event, I will buy stuff from MotionRC when possible, because it's been awesome watching their portfolio of planes growing with quality and "No BS" people behind their operations....Happy 2020 everyone.....

Comment

• What's funny is that I get a kick out of the announcements, Motion RC, or any company, RC or different. The process is fun to me with the anticipation, the rumors, the field talk with buddies, people's brains already working overtime thinking about modifications, etc. I look forward to each release even if I never end up buying it. Sometimes it's the little things in life like fun new RC announcements that brighten the day and/or week. I'm a happy dude pretty easily though.

Tomorrow morning will be coffee, breakfast, and YouTube live until I go to work. Woohoo! What more could I want for a morning. Ha-ha

Comment

• May have to sell my gold tooth or teeth.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOFO1 View Post
                        May have to sell my gold tooth or teeth.
                        LOL

Comment

• Ha! Speaking of gold... Shameless plug below for what I consider good reading.... Please forward to anyone curious about the costs and resources invested in every single new aircraft release, big/small/foam/balsa/gas/electric/surface.

This article originally appeared in the July 2019 edition of Model Aviation magazine and covers much of the non-proprietary information and processes in regards to the manufacturing of Freewing foam electric models.  Authored by Motion RC Director of Global Products and Development Alpha Enos. This is a wonderful time

I read once somewhere the notion that a preorder somehow bankrolls a model's development. It doesn't. Rather, it just begins to scratch the surface of recouping investments that at that point are already over a year old. We have had, and have, finished models we're sitting on to allow for fair market competition and Balance in the portfolio. The A-4's tooling was paid for nearly two years *before* we recouped a penny.

I consider myself a "no BS" kind of guy, and I try to be as transparent with y'all as sensible business practices allow me to be in a congested and aggressive market. So, thanks to all of you who let me speak as the genuine hobbyist I am. Trust when I say, driving this hobby forward isn't getting anyone here rich.

Thankfully, Health is Wealth.

Happy 2020!

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Darn right Alpha! Is it tomorrow yet? I've been checkin', nuthin' new yet! Does it have yellow paint on it? Please say no. NO MORE YELLOW PAINT! This is killing me. It's raining cats and swimming dogs here. My runway is under a foot of water already. Hangar is starting to fill up next. And tomorrows weather is suppose to suck too! Come on tomorrow. Please don't make it an Ag plane either. Please.
                            Dutchman

Comment

• Thanks Alpha. You're a stand-up type of guy, knowledgeable, passionate, and hard working. It's a pleasure to know you, and feel fortunate to have you as a large part of the hobby community. Although I don't know much of the whole Motion team, it appears they have the same character, and I'd imagine that's why you're in business with them. It is always clear to see the passion behind people's work rather than it being JUST a business venture.

Happy New Year, and best wishes on the future, personal and business.

Comment

• go t cat / earthling lol/ u get it .. pander to the squeaky wheel at your peril... the masses rule .. uuusss..... i dont care what plane is next .. oh not a zero daa ,,, i half way round the world will still turn on my my tv and u tube motin ,, or the brothers in europe.. smile and appreciate the planes and alls spin on it ..i felt dorky 2 years ago ,,the rc thing,,, now i get it... wrong thread i no. heavy land on my 1600 bubble top expected new rh gear ,, na just a bit of fglass .... my point here ,first repairs slash dissasemble of flightline .. wow the internal train of thought to the assembly// or 4b me repair process awsome job well done fline value 4 money dynam backgound.... ps the electronics still worked ,the plastic gear base split.. cya

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                  Alpha and others have made great points. The "something for everyone" thought process seems like a good one to have. As much as I hope tomorrow's new jet announcement is a suprise I'll enjoy, it's all good if it's not. Even if I'm disappointed, I know there will be many others who would be ecstatic about the release if it has been something they have wanted for a long time, and rightfully so. I don't expect to always be happy about what a manufacturer decides to create. The great part about it is people somewhere are happy about it and that keeps the hobby going. I really hope that when I don't buy something for whatever reason, someone else out there is. There are so many facets of this hobby and I hope many are enjoying it often enough to keep the hobby moving into the future.

As much as I love new RC products, I always have to remind myself of a few things when a new announcement (aircraft in this case) occurs, including but not limited to.....there will always be another announcement in the future, just because I want a new plane doesn't mean I'll enjoy flying a specific airframe type like I had hoped after I finally own it, maybe I wanted to simply see the aircraft modeled to see the finished product but I didn't actually want an RC version like I thought I would, I don't need as many RC airplanes as I want , storage space and time to circulate through flying each model frequently enough for me is limited so I try to choose my purchases more wisely, one or more aircraft on my "must buy" list could be in the near future, enjoy and appreciate the engineering and production feats that go into the modeling of a new RC aircraft, have fun watching people's reactions to the announcement, and enjoy the fun and anticipation of the release and get ready for the next one.

Is it morning yet?!!!! Ughhhhh
                                  I am actually in a weird spot on this release. For the first time I can remember since getting into this hobby, I really want this to be a release I am NOT interested in. For the past year or so, it felt like MRC and Alpha have been in my head. Every time a new release was coming, I'd talk online and with my flying buddy about "I really hope it is a __________________." And, I have gotten what I wanted over and over this past year. I feel like a spoiled only child getting whatever I want at this point! LOL. A big F22 was the very top of my want list for a long time, that wish came true about a year ago and it was the very first plane I have ever pre-ordered I was so excited. Then I wanted a nice 6s F35 to go with it and POOF... F35 shows up (second plane I have ever pre-ordered.) After that, talking to my flying buddy, I kept mentioning how I wish someone would release an updated, nice 80/90mm F18. POOF, F18 shows up.

Outside of EDFs, one of my other categories I really like is hand toss pylon type speed planes. So, when the Havok showed up... I had to get it too.

So over the last year or so, I got releases I really wanted in the F22, F35, F18, and Havok. What that did at the same time is push back some of the other planes I have been wanting as well. I still want the FW A10, L39, Mirage, and the new High Performance version of the F5. So, I honestly hope it is someone else's turn to get exactly what they want because MRC checked my boxes off one after another last year and I need a break so I can get some of those others on my list!

Either way, looking forward to 12:00 to see what Alpha has cooked up this time!

Comment

• The link is LIVE, join us at 12pm eastern and let's have some fun!

Comment

• My final guess: 80mm T33

Comment

• Hey James, isn't it like noon somewhere in Europe by now? Come on time. Always slow when I want something, but when when someone else wants something......

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I am actually in a weird spot on this release. For the first time I can remember since getting into this hobby, I really want this to be a release I am NOT interested in. For the past year or so, it felt like MRC and Alpha have been in my head. Every time a new release was coming, I'd talk online and with my flying buddy about "I really hope it is a __________________." And, I have gotten what I wanted over and over this past year. I feel like a spoiled only child getting whatever I want at this point! LOL. A big F22 was the very top of my want list for a long time, that wish came true about a year ago and it was the very first plane I have ever pre-ordered I was so excited. Then I wanted a nice 6s F35 to go with it and POOF... F35 shows up (second plane I have ever pre-ordered.) After that, talking to my flying buddy, I kept mentioning how I wish someone would release an updated, nice 80/90mm F18. POOF, F18 shows up.

Outside of EDFs, one of my other categories I really like is hand toss pylon type speed planes. So, when the Havok showed up... I had to get it too.

So over the last year or so, I got releases I really wanted in the F22, F35, F18, and Havok. What that did at the same time is push back some of the other planes I have been wanting as well. I still want the FW A10, L39, Mirage, and the new High Performance version of the F5. So, I honestly hope it is someone else's turn to get exactly what they want because MRC checked my boxes off one after another last year and I need a break so I can get some of those others on my list!

Either way, looking forward to 12:00 to see what Alpha has cooked up this time!
                                          LOL, Alpha has Santa-like abilities. There have definitely been a serious amount of releases over the last two years, and it's always amazing to think back about and compare it to when Motion first got started. Since so many of the jets over the last couple years were also on my radar, it would be shocking to have another one, but I'm very curious to see. Less than an hour to go .

Also, the 80/90mm A-10 is one of my all time favorite planes from Freewing and Motion. I think it's an incredible value and performs absolutely amazing. I loved it so much I purchased two.

Comment

Working...
                                          X