X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lloydadoak View Post
    Or even a 1600mm Japanese Mitsubishi A6M Zero......that would be awesome!!!

Comon Alpha.....pleeeeeeease!!!
    A good sized Zeke/Zero would be nice! Preferably an A6M2 model 22 - the version that saw action over Pearl, Midway and Guadalcanal. Everyone seems to do the later versions...

Comment

• Originally posted by CF-105 View Post

A good sized Zeke/Zero would be nice! Preferably an A6M2 model 22 - the version that saw action over Pearl, Midway and Guadalcanal. Everyone seems to do the later versions...
      And Fleet White would be good since for some reason they usually do the camo version.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

And Fleet White would be good since for some reason they usually do the camo version.
        Yes! Although at the risk of being picky, it's actually grey. Regardless, it's kind of the "iconic" colour for the Zero!

Comment

• I thought they were actually natural aluminum and because of black and white photo's most assumed they were white/light grey..

Comment

• grey 4 me that meatball really stands out... fms has a grey 1400... i think!!! now the snoball is rolling

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
              grey 4 me that meatball really stands out... fms has a grey 1400... i think!!! now the snoball is rolling
              LOL! Nothing like a "What color was it really?" debate!

Comment

• just doin some reasearch

Comment

• I'm thinking Greg Springer probably has the last word...
                  I keep reading very heated debates about A6M2 type 21 colors. I have a Tamiya Zero that I am trying to get done, but everyone keeps offering opinions about the colors. When I bought the kit my goal was a quick build, out of the box, to get through a little dry spot. I found a book by Osprey on bu...

Comment

• well done ....their is full size .. at hanger 37 at pearl harbour museum......looks more beige ,,maybe the sunburne thing .....im to dumb so i cant post it thanx

Comment

• 1600mm zero.... lets go the fms one was okay but the battery compartment was way to small..... we need a larger one.

Comment

• Alpha please please balsa or foam I’m not picky let’s just finally have one. Hell diver has always been such a cool plane and with the big wing I bet she would fly like a big trainer. 🤫 come on you can tell me it’s the next nexa plane right lol
                        Attached Files

Comment

• The Beast!? Interesting.....

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• I haven't said this in a few weeks but. P-61 anyone? I am chomping at the bit man. I might even go to the lengths of making a ziroli one to calm my thirst for one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vextren View Post
                              I haven't said this in a few weeks but. P-61 anyone? I am chomping at the bit man. I might even go to the lengths of making a ziroli one to calm my thirst for one.
                              The dynam P-61 isn’t a bad option. Just go into it knowing there will be some issues to fix with it but so far I’ve enjoyed the model.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Re: the "real" colour of the early Zeros:

Yeah, to call it "grey" is really over-simplifying it. A few years back I got a copy of the Military Aircraft Color Guide that RC Scale Builders made available. One of the paint chips included is what they call "The lost color". Apparently it's color matched to samples of actual paint from Kermit Week's Zero. From the writeup, inspection of his plane turned up a number of spots where the original paint had been protected.

Anyway, long story short, the book calls the color "Bamboo", and it's a surprisingly dark grey/green/yellowish. I suppose about the colour of bamboo? The sun & salt must have bleached it extremely fast; I can't see how it would be mistaken for white.

Comment

• How about a CAC Boomerang?

Comment

• an aussie plane yaaa not enough would by it....is only prob...... r they same as wirraway?? i should no!!!!! i was told by an old timer ,,it had 1zero kill in new guinea.....luck im sure....but still ,,, 1600 zero 4 me beige bamboo white whatever and a great big meatball

Comment

• f4u ausie But the CAC it's so ugly that it's pretty, if you know what I mean. I did see a balsa version eons ago but if my memory serves it was a Dumas 'conversion and small. One can dream, to have a flightline version...It would be the missing link to any 'oddball' outlier model collection😃

Comment

• SanExup,, Reminds me of the Brewster Buffalo. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	download (3).jpg
Views:	461
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	257885

Click image for larger version  Name:	download (4).jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.5 KB ID:	257882
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Elbee It does in terms of the big fat fuselage. I almost like the Buffalo. But everything about the wing shape and more stubby appearance make the Boomerang unique-ish. It almost looks like a cross between a zero and a buffalo.

Comment

Working...
                                          X