X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

I'm not saying to have a 12s PNP...Just 6s with the battery space for 12s for those wanting to go that route and seek more power. It's an absolute win approach for all with 6s packs already.
    OK, I was thinking of 105mm or 120mm fan. You can raise the voltage on a smaller motor to some degree, but at some point you need a lower kv motor with more metal. For example, I have the Sebart Avanti that is 1.9m long and 120mm fan (fiberglass/wood ARF). It is great, but if MotionRC made a 120mm version of the Avanti that is so popular in 80mm, I might have bought that instead, just for the convenience. The only foam RTF planes I know of in 105mm-120mm range are the HSD jets. Are there any others?

Comment

• Now that we have a bad to the bone Mig-29, the tradition for requests in this thread must carry on as we eagerly await its arrival.

So, I'd like an awesome 80-90mm Saab Jas 39C Gripen in the 2017 Tiger Meet livery. Now THAT'S delta jet I would buy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post
        My flying buddy just preordered the Mig 29 and I'm super excited for him...

I'm still hoping to see the large delta gap that the discontinued and beloved Eurofighter left open to be filled with a beautiful big single 90mm Rafale with moderate 12s battery real estate for us thrust junkies!

Ugh... That'd be AMAZING! 🤤🤤🤤🤤
        There's a sneak peak at what is likely a new FMS or Eflite 80mm Rafale on YouTube (FNRC)

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          There's a sneak peak at what is likely a new FMS or Eflite 80mm Rafale on YouTube (FNRC)
          I saw that... PERFECT opportunity for Freewing to drop a killer single 90mm version! 😁

Comment

• Oh MY
            rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
              Now that we have a bad to the bone Mig-29, the tradition for requests in this thread must carry on as we eagerly await its arrival.

So, I'd like an awesome 80-90mm Saab Jas 39C Gripen in the 2017 Tiger Meet livery. Now THAT'S delta jet I would buy.
              We need a Gripen! But make mine in the Splinter scheme please.

Too many Tiger Meet liveries on other jets now and the splinter scheme should still be easy enough to see and orient.

Comment

• Hey, hi guys!
                At long last found a moment to get myself into Hobbysquawk, so let's of course use my first post to... let's see... what could it be... ?
                Maybe ask ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶ for a big twin 80mm Su-30SM with canards and thrust vectoring? 😁😁😁
                (You know I can't help myself, hope you don't mind too much!)

I second T-Cat's request for a big Gripen too.

And other options I think would be extra cool (IMO) would be a 90mm F-35, twin 80mm Su-57 and... MiG-35, but the MiG-35 will definitely have to wait since the 29 is now out (Can't wait to receive mine!). Rafale in 90mm would have been fantastic too but with FMS 80mm one just out, also a bad option for some time now I guess. FWIW, I prefer 90mm jets and bigger (I'm happy that there are options for everyone and all sizes, not nitpicking here, just giving feedback!).

Hope this made someone chuckle a bit if anything... 😉

Best regards!
                Jandro.

PS: Attached some cool pics for inspiration! :p
                Attached Files

Comment

• What we REALLY need... is a Martin Mars:

Click image for larger version

Name:	rs23724-00057824-2-jpg.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	270435

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	270436

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by CF-105 View Post
                    What we REALLY need... is a Martin Mars:
                    Yes!! Would be a definite must-have!

Comment

Swoon

Comment

COULSON FLYING TANKER! Definitely a S.H.I.E.L.D. front.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                          Hey, hi guys!
                          At long last found a moment to get myself into Hobbysquawk, so let's of course use my first post to... let's see... what could it be... ?
                          Maybe ask ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶ for a big twin 80mm Su-30SM with canards and thrust vectoring? 😁😁😁
                          (You know I can't help myself, hope you don't mind too much!)

I second T-Cat's request for a big Gripen too.

And other options I think would be extra cool (IMO) would be a 90mm F-35, twin 80mm Su-57 and... MiG-35, but the MiG-35 will definitely have to wait since the 29 is now out (Can't wait to receive mine!). Rafale in 90mm would have been fantastic too but with FMS 80mm one just out, also a bad option for some time now I guess. FWIW, I prefer 90mm jets and bigger (I'm happy that there are options for everyone and all sizes, not nitpicking here, just giving feedback!).
                          I actually think this would be the PERFECT time for Freewing to drop a larger single 90mm Rafale to compete and give a larger option to the smaller 80mm FMS offering.

It'd be a win/win as I'm surely getting at least one of each ha!

Comment

• I think, outright competing and canibalizing market / driving competitors out of business is not exactly what Motion / Freewing aim to do for... reasons.
                            It doesn't help the hobby if all competition just dies.

But I'll still miss a bigger Rafale and MiG-35 :p

Comment

• Elbee
                              Elbee commented
                              Editing a comment
                              AG, Well said. Hear, hear. Best, LB

• Please, may I have a bear for Christmas?

Comment

• And be at least close to the Su-35 in scale so as to be able to make 'scale looking' formation flights!
                              (Now that would be a huge bird, lol)

Comment

And be at least close to the Su-35 in scale so as to be able to make 'scale looking' formation flights!
                                (Now that would be a huge bird, lol)
                                It would have to almost be this big....;)

(semi joking. This Bear in the picture is 1:7.8 scale)
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Holy cow, that's yuuuge!

Comment

• Besides a 80-90mm EDF Gripen, I would LOVE a new sport jet. Anyone who knows me well, is aware that sport jets are my favorite. With the success of the Freewing Stinger 90 and Avanti S (already 3 years old amazingly), the market clearly accepted a well designed sport jet with open arms (especially after they see it fly). If I remember correctly, the time between releases of a new sport jet from the Stinger 90 to the Avanti was about 4 years, give or take. With the Avanti being 3 years old, hopefully we can see a new 80-90mm EDF sport jet in less than a year from now.

So, another great sport jet in the 80-90mm EDF size range with room to balance 6S-12S LiPo's. Maybe even a means to bolt-on a VT system if the customer wants, just like what is being done with the Mig-29. With a sport jet and its nature of being designed to fly well, you can imagine how much fun VT is on a jet that can already fly aerobatics extremely well. Now THAT I'm all over like flies on s....

Comment

This would be one I'd be in to purchase. Assuming the MiG-29 TV option becomes a flop, a non TV SU-30SM would still suffice :)

I've never jumped in a pre-order before, but the MiG-29 hooked me in.

An Su-57 would be cool to see. I've waffled over buying the LX twin 70 to have in a closet for a rainy day build, but the amount of work to get reliable and lack of people flying it makes it less desirable.

Comment

Working...
                                      X