Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have got the Great 2.0 B-24 out and now there are a lot that are waiting on a 2.0 or larger B-17 Flying Fortress I for one will by one no matter the cost. I still have and am still flying the Free Wing 1.6 B-17 for years now (F2601) in fact the B-17 was the first Free Wing plane I purchased and have and have ordered many free wing planes since and the flight line and the Skynetic planes Time to Bring it back with all the new technology we have available to the RC world We would love to see a new B-17 Flying Fortress in the fleet Come Man bring it on. there are many waiting to see one

Comment

• In Australia we have some fanfare this weekend celebrating 100 years of the Royal Australian Air Force. Im not aware of many planes which have been released with an RAAF livery, although I have painted some myself.

Some interesting options in the historical lineup. The F-111 was in service until 2010 and the legacy camo was stunning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F-111C-AUP-A8-129-1ES.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	306331

Comment

• Big Fliteline P-47 "The Jug", please.

Comment

• Flightline

Comment

• I was re-watching 'Hot Shots' and it made me think about how much fun it'd be to fly an 80mm Folland Gnat around.
            Hey Alpha, you think you could paint it up in 'The Navy' color scheme too? 😁

Name:	Hot-Shots_Gnat_0h22m52.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	306698

Comment

• Originally posted by Topdogzrc View Post
              I was re-watching 'Hot Shots' and it made me think about how much fun it'd be to fly an 80mm Folland Gnat around.
              Hey Alpha, you think you could paint it up in 'The Navy' color scheme too? 😁
              "It was a hunting accident"

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	011D0D29-71EE-4D0E-A46A-9B1ABC4D93A1.jpeg
Views:	835
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	306742 First leaked picture of the twin 90mm B-1!!! 🍀

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
                  First leaked picture of the twin 90mm B-1!!!
                  That photo was leaked on purpose as a disinformation campaign to obscure the true next Flightline Model....

Name:	manywings.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	306747

Comment

• Gringotuerto Do you measure the CG inverted?

JLambCWU We hope it's true. I think most people see the B1 and don't think of it's performance, or maybe I used to. But I was riding my snowmachine with 4 buddies on theirs, deep in the mountains far from roads but up on a high valley that is 5 miles wide and 10 miles long that is between two rocky bands of mountains, deep soft snow, so we were going fast with ease, to cover distance and it was a sunny day. All of the sudden a B1 appears in my peripheral vision ripping past us in the same direction, super low. If my sphincter hadn't slammed shut I would have crapped myself. And I literally almost fell off the snowmachine cause my arms went weak from the shock. But he rips past us, covering miles in seconds, climbs rapidly above the mountains and banks hard to come back around. He drops back down into the valley and hard banks a 180 degree arc right down in the valley. And then heads down the valley again climbing slightly above the peaks and was gone in a blink. Our mouths were gaping holes and our eyes locked open.

I know modern fighters probably could have performed an airshow in that valley, but to see the B1 do that absolutely changed the way I see that plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                      Gringotuerto Do you measure the CG inverted?

JLambCWU We hope it's true. I think most people see the B1 and don't think of it's performance, or maybe I used to. But I was riding my snowmachine with 4 buddies on theirs, deep in the mountains far from roads but up on a high valley that is 5 miles wide and 10 miles long that is between two rocky bands of mountains, deep soft snow, so we were going fast with ease, to cover distance and it was a sunny day. All of the sudden a B1 appears in my peripheral vision ripping past us in the same direction, super low. If my sphincter hadn't slammed shut I would have crapped myself. And I literally almost fell off the snowmachine cause my arms went weak from the shock. But he rips past us, covering miles in seconds, climbs rapidly above the mountains and banks hard to come back around. He drops back down into the valley and hard banks a 180 degree arc right down in the valley. And then heads down the valley again climbing slightly above the peaks and was gone in a blink. Our mouths were gaping holes and our eyes locked open.

I know modern fighters probably could have performed an airshow in that valley, but to see the B1 do that absolutely changed the way I see that plane.
                      100% I had just turned 16 and was giving my dad a break driving from Washington to Oklahoma. The sun had just come up and we had stopped for coffee at a truckstop in the middle of Wyoming. We barely got back on the freeway when a BONE streaked across at less than 200 feet just smoking along with the wings back. A true love at first story. It is absolutely an impressive machine!

From Alphas live stream on twitch, it sounds like a twin 70mm design is possible if there is enough demand. Demand is key and the community has to show it. In these forums specifically.

A twin 70mm with bifurcated ducts would be an enormous model but i believe very popular and doable. If designed correctly it would comfortably fly on a single 6S but would have room to run dual 6S when desired. Hopefully with a working bomb bay option as well.

Comment

• I would be stoked to fly one!

I'm not going to lie though, I still want to see them produce some more carrier based planes. Like the E2 or C2 Greyhound , Alpha if you're listening.

But I would definitely fly a twin 70 B1!

Comment

• If they ever make a B-1, it absolutely has to have the wing sweep functioning, just like their F-14 already has. A B-1 with a fixed wing position is a no-no.

Comment

• It'd be a great plus if it was in a similar scale to other FW jets in order to perform formation flight and stuff. Of course that would mean it would have to be BIG... but you know, sometimes size DOES matter!

(There's also the Tu-160 to compete...)

Comment

• It definitely needs to be scaled so an F16 can fly formation!

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                                It'd be a great plus if it was in a similar scale to other FW jets in order to perform formation flight and stuff. Of course that would mean it would have to be BIG... but you know, sometimes size DOES matter!

(There's also the Tu-160 to compete...)
                                That would definitely be some epic stuff. Ha-ha

Comment

• So it seems Youtube just made 'Hot Shots!' free to watch:
                                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Is that a sign that we're gonna get a 80mm Gnat to zip around and cause chaos? 🤔

Comment

• Still got my fingers crossed and debit card ready for any of the following:
                                    • B-17
                                    • Avro Lancaster
                                    • BF-109 (or HA-1112 Buchon)
                                    • Panavia Tornado
                                    • B-25

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post

Name:	011D0D29-71EE-4D0E-A46A-9B1ABC4D93A1.jpeg
Views:	835
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	306742 First leaked picture of the twin 90mm B-1!!! 🍀
                                      It's to bad this wasn't real. A twin B-1 would be amazing!!

Comment

• Keep it simple. A 90 mm F9F Panther / Cougar. A few livery options including Blue Angels.
                                        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I will take a B1 in 70mm with upgradeable/optional 90mm 8-12s setup. Use the f-14 mechanics for the wings and size it like the BIG MIG 29 at least. classic flat black!

Comment

Working...
                                          X