X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post

I'd like to see some 90mm planes built around a lower power EDF unit. The 115A+ pulled by most 90 fans in the freewing catalogue is a lot to ask from even the most capable batteries.

If they focused on simplicity and getting the wing loading down they could deliver a really high performance plane with flight times on par with some of the 80mm jets. The Panther would be a great candidate! Anyone who has flown the venom or the Avios mig should have am idea of where I'm coming from.
    But I guess they know their market and everyone loves planes dripping with lights and sequenced doors etc.
    Yeah, it’s a tough call because part of the market says make it as scale as possible, and the other part says lose the scale details and get it as light as possible. Freewing has done both over the years, ha-ha. We’ll see the direction they’ll go next.

Comment

• mshagg - It's a balance for sure, but the most recent 90mm F-18 and F-22 lost a lot of details that might have been included had they been made years prior. Like the F-16, F-15, T-45, F-4 etc. That's been the trend for awhile.

I remember there were many who were mad the F-22 didn't have lights. No matter what way you slice it, there will always be something someone wishes things had or didn't.

Comment

• So many military jets from Freewing, can we have a private jet please? Also, can we have some more Flightline 850mm's for example Zero, Spitfire, Corsair?

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
          mshagg - It's a balance for sure, but the most recent 90mm F-18 and F-22 lost a lot of details that might have been included had they been made years prior. Like the F-16, F-15, T-45, F-4 etc. That's been the trend for awhile.

I remember there were many who were mad the F-22 didn't have lights. No matter what way you slice it, there will always be something someone wishes things had or didn't.
          Haha yes we are impossible to please. Keeps you on your toes though

What I adore about freewing is how I can order a new-in-box airframe or obscure spare parts for a plane that was released 10 years ago. Want a bare bones light weight 90? Or a ridiculously scale one? They're all still available, go for it. Working through their back catalogue (e.g venom, schwalbe, flanker) is a great way to keep yourself busy between new releases.

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
            Keep it simple. A 90 mm F9F Panther / Cougar. A few livery options including Blue Angels.
            Simple + A few livery options... I bet that made Alpha chuckle at least!

Comment

• I think Alpha and X-Plane guy are working on the new 1600mm Mosquito Mk.VI Yep, pretty sure that’s next on the list!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                I think Alpha and X-Plane guy are working on the new 1600mm Mosquito Mk.VI Yep, pretty sure that’s next on the list!
                Let's hope that your crystal ball has nailed it. I too see a new Mossie in the future.

Comment

• I'd be happy just to see something.

Would be nice if the 1600mm Flightline fighters got some company with a Bf109G, a Zero and a Mossie as icing on the cake. That would lighten many pilots wallets... When going on that theme, might as well throw in a 850mm Hurricane, Spitfire mkV and a Bf109 for good measure.

Comment

• I would purchase a big 109, probably 2. And a large zero!

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

I agree 100% a 1600mm P51 would be beautiful!
                      If we ever do see a Flightline P-51 in the 1600mm span size, I kinda hope that we get it livery-less like the 850mm version. Sure, it's a bit of extra work between the box and the field, but having full livery customization is one of my favorite things about planes like the 850mm P-51 and the base gray F-18C (still love the Blue Angels version though :D)

Comment

• I would love to see a Reno Racer series of planes in the 1600mm size. Similar yet different.

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post
                          I would love to see a Reno Racer series of planes in the 1600mm size. Similar yet different.
                          +1
                          Could do a Golden Age series and a more modern Unlimited Class with high performance power systems.

Comment

• For my birthday this month, I'd like to preorder an 80mm Panther.

Comment

• Yes a 80mm or 90mm F9F Panther or Cougar would be great. Orrrrrr you can upgrade the F15 to twin 80mm or better 90mm units like the Mig 29. Either way they would be winners.....

Comment

• My wishlist...

Click image for larger version

Name:	192575916_2005776606241261_8085446847724125372_n.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	314787

Name:	tumblr_3aa0215365df5d538e5412abd55b9fa6_cb62214d_1280.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	314788Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_0d924efe9dbf96c5ab035bbacf2239eb_2227fbb5_2048.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	314789

Comment

• Would be cool if they make the f9f with the 2 different wing sets for the cougar and panther variants. That would allow unlimited customization

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                                    My wishlist...

Name:	192575916_2005776606241261_8085446847724125372_n.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	314787
                                    I've just received the 2200mm Aerotetris version. It will be a twin 12S 100mm with VT and hopefully moveable LEVCON, if I can get it to work. Maiden late 2022 if all goes well.

Comment

• Awesome project, good luck!

Comment

• Another eflite plane today... The 90mm Viper. Motion/Alpha we need a new plane from you too!
                                        My planes are getting lonely. Freewing could use a Panther in 80mm.
                                        My Freewing planes are complaining about the lack of an Avenger in the hanger.

Comment

• I was thinking the same thing. Freewing is due, and I'm sure it'll be something amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                          X