X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
    Another eflite plane today... The 90mm Viper. Motion/Alpha we need a new plane from you too!
    My planes are getting lonely. Freewing could use a Panther in 80mm.
    My Freewing planes are complaining about the lack of an Avenger in the hanger.

I have it on order with my LHS, along with the new F-16. However, the F-16 shipment has been pushed back another 2 weeks, so I may cancel that one.
    These latest Eflite efforts have been high "top drawer" and I fear that it's making it quite hard for Motion (and Freewing) to re-attract the limelight. They'd have to come up with something very spectacular to outshine (or to shine as bright) them. The other big consideration for me (not so much for USA customers) is the shipping to Canada. It's quite startling. Same goes for RC Castle. To have to pay nearly $150.00 for shipping is very painful.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
      I have it on order with my LHS, along with the new F-16. However, the F-16 shipment has been pushed back another 2 weeks, so I may cancel that one.
      These latest Eflite efforts have been high "top drawer" and I fear that it's making it quite hard for Motion (and Freewing) to re-attract the limelight. They'd have to come up with something very spectacular to outshine (or to shine as bright) them. The other big consideration for me (not so much for USA customers) is the shipping to Canada. It's quite startling. Same goes for RC Castle. To have to pay nearly $150.00 for shipping is very painful.
      I agree! I just spent 3 days at JetJam and the gap is starting to become noticeable. I say this out of genuine concern and not out of criticism. I am a Freewing/Flightline guy long before any HH stuff due to being a scale flyer but that new 80mm F-16 looks amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
        I'm kind of surprised that people think that Motion/Freewing/Fliteline is losing the limelight to HH. Not to bash anyone here because I like HH airplanes from UMX up to the 3.1 meter Sukhoi SU-26mm, but they've put out some less than impressive EDF's lately. They put out the F-4 (awesome plane) after Freewing premiered the 90mm F-4. Then HH put out an 80mm F-16 when they already have a 70mm F-16 and Freewing has a better looking (in my opinion) 90mm F-16. Last, they ventured into 90mm EDFs with ANOTHER Viper!! It's so disappointing for someone who loves EDF's. I love HH, but I get nervous to buy one of their planes now, because they're discontinued so fast, that I don't want to hunt for parts down the road.

All that said, I am starting to hoard their E-flite F-4 Phantom 32 DF (Fiberglass fuse) ARF's. I just got one on RC Groups and have a second airframe coming tomorrow from someone. I just wish HH would go back to making things we haven't seen before, or planes we can't say no to.

Comment

• Originally posted by FoamOvercast17 View Post

I'm kind of surprised that people think that Motion/Freewing/Fliteline is losing the limelight to HH. Not to bash anyone here because I like HH airplanes from UMX up to the 3.1 meter Sukhoi SU-26mm, but they've put out some less than impressive EDF's lately. They put out the F-4 (awesome plane) after Freewing premiered the 90mm F-4. Then HH put out an 80mm F-16 when they already have a 70mm F-16 and Freewing has a better looking (in my opinion) 90mm F-16. Last, they ventured into 90mm EDFs with ANOTHER Viper!! It's so disappointing for someone who loves EDF's. I love HH, but I get nervous to buy one of their planes now, because they're discontinued so fast, that I don't want to hunt for parts down the road.

All that said, I am starting to hoard their E-flite F-4 Phantom 32 DF (Fiberglass fuse) ARF's. I just got one on RC Groups and have a second airframe coming tomorrow from someone. I just wish HH would go back to making things we haven't seen before, or planes we can't say no to.
          I think these viewpoints are very subjective and we all look at it from different angles. Between myself and a couple other guys at my flying field, we have a huge selection of FW jets and Eflite jets. I personally have many examples of each brand. Lately (this past year of so), I've felt that my Eflite acquisitions have had slightly better quality and features than the FW planes I also own.
          My Eflite F4 far outshines my friend's FW F4. He's had a multitude of problems with his F4 while mine has been flawless so far. I've got both FW SU-35 and Eflite SU-30. The 35 is a wonderful plane and I love flying it more than the 30 but the 30 is by far a better quality of build than the 35. My FW L-39 is incomparable. Eflite has nothing like it. Same goes for my FW AL-37 and Venom. I still have the V2 FW F-18 and it pales in comparison to the new Eflite ones and having had the newer, latest FW F-18, I feel the Eflite F-18 is the better product. My FW Mig29 is a marvelous jet and although Eflite has nothing like it, the big Mig is not without it's issues. Same can be said about the FW T-33. I love that plane but it's had it's issues, too. My F-14? A really neat plane but very complex and also has some undesirable weaknesses. FW F-86? Even with a more powerful upgraded power system, it's not my favorite and will likely be the next to go. I bought it to replace my HobbyKing Mig17 (lost in mid-air collision). In retrospect, the Mig17 was the better plane even with its deficiencies. FW F-35? EDF exploded on the second flight. Replaced with an upgrade system. Flies OK but it too, will soon depart my hanger.
          I had the new Eflite F-16 on pre-order but cancelled it recently due to the delay in arrival. I'll spend that money on a new FW 90mm Yak 130, 8s. I have the new Eflite Viper on order but that one will stay. I won't go into all the FW/FL prop jobs I've gone through and still have compared to all the Eflite ones I've gone through and still have. I've been long winded enough already.

Comment

I don't see it as Motion losing the lime light. Instead I see them losing the money we have for buying new planes.

Eflite/FMS have made numerous announcements in the last 12 months. The FW190, the racer, the new Reno racer, Draco, the 80mmF16, the 90mm viper and more. On Motions side we have the semi and likely premature announcement for the Bison. That's it.

For the first time in years, most of my new plane budget has gone to Horizon. I would have much preferred am equivalent FW or Flightline option, but there just aren't any.

I'm holding out for the Bison, but if it doesn't get here soon, it will miss the summer lake float flying season. As it is, the drought may end it for us even sooner.

I know many people that have pre-ordered the eflite 80mm F16 that would have easily spent the money at motion instead if only there had been something new or something in stock on the offer.

I. understand the policy motion has for announcements, but right now the silence means I'm spending that money elsewhere. Even though the Bison announcement was too early, it did make me think twice about spending my plane money.

The point is, the silence and lack of any meaningful announcements is sending me elsewhere, even though I would very much rather spend that money with Motion.

Comment

I don't see it as Motion losing the lime light. Instead I see them losing the money we have for buying new planes.

Eflite/FMS have made numerous announcements in the last 12 months. The FW190, the racer, the new Reno racer, Draco, the 80mmF16, the 90mm viper and more. On Motions side we have the semi and likely premature announcement for the Bison. That's it.

For the first time in years, most of my new plane budget has gone to Horizon. I would have much preferred am equivalent FW or Flightline option, but there just aren't any.

I'm holding out for the Bison, but if it doesn't get here soon, it will miss the summer lake float flying season. As it is, the drought may end it for us even sooner.

I know many people that have pre-ordered the eflite 80mm F16 that would have easily spent the money at motion instead if only there had been something new or something in stock on the offer.

I. understand the policy motion has for announcements, but right now the silence means I'm spending that money elsewhere. Even though the Bison announcement was too early, it did make me think twice about spending my plane money.

The point is, the silence and lack of any meaningful announcements is sending me elsewhere, even though I would very much rather spend that money with Motion.

That’s a great point. Looking at it that way, I’ve also been looking at other airplanes and while I’m waiting for new or interesting Freewing or Fliteline planes to come out, I’ve spent over $1k on used E-Flite planes. Horizon has put out a lot of new planes recently, and their quality is great.

I think maybe I’ve been late to the Freewing jet game, so I’m still buying ones that seem new to me but may be 5 years + old. (Except the F-4 which is my current favorite). Hopefully this long gap in putting airplanes out will end up with a few pretty awesome releases. We’ll see.

Comment

... Hopefully this long gap in putting airplanes out will end up with a few pretty awesome releases. We’ll see.
                Yes, like an 80mm Panther

Comment

• While I've been waiting for the next release, I decided to learn to repaint and make my old planes new again. I've done 3, working on a 4th now.

Comment

• A 90mm or 80mm F9F Panther or Cougar would be great. Hangar just waiting for one or both.... or an F15 with dual 80mm like the Mig 29 would also be welcome....

Comment

• Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
                      A 90mm or 80mm F9F Panther or Cougar would be great. Hangar just waiting for one or both.... or an F15 with dual 80mm like the Mig 29 would also be welcome....
                      F15 with dual 80's or 90's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that'd be amazing!

Comment

• A dual-fan Avro Arrow would be most awesome :)

But I'd love a 60"-70" ws Wildcat even more ;)

Comment

• Just read about the interview with Clarence Bud Anderson on the next live show. Should be extremely interesting and cool.

But, this got me wondering. Will there be a new plane? Something Bud flew perhaps? Too many P51s and Old Crows out there, so what else could it be?

An F-105?

​​​​​​​

Comment

• I think you nailed it... minus the 0...

Comment

• Comment

• Well, the Colonel flew over 130 birds, so... have fun with that, if it's even true.
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• 😂😂😂😂Burst their bubble, Alpha! I wonder if they ever seen bats flying over the moon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                    Well, the Colonel flew over 130 birds, so... have fun with that, if it's even true.
                                    130 birds? That's a lot of new planes to announce on Friday.

Comment

• P-51B Malcom hood!!
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	image_63091.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	317307 Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

130 birds? That's a lot of new planes to announce on Friday.

Good thing we've got this cloning tech ironed out. Oh wait... no chips...
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	KPM0030_camo-1.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	266.0 KB
ID:	317313
                                          Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                          P-51B Malcom hood!! Grossman56
                                          GM, From your lips to the design team's (ALPHA) ears. It would just be so awesome. Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X