X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom View Post

We have the EC-130 and BO-105. Some sold our already but we still have some. Roban production is slow for sure but I can see why. They are all hand made, hand laid fiberglass. Those models need to be remade frequently and each heli stays in the mold for a while. I'm hoping they can fill parts orders quicker. We've talked to them about it and I hope the parts can arrive more quickly. If they have something you want, send me a PM and let me know. I'm happy to order it. I can't promise when it will arrive but I can certainly order it.
    Thanks for the offer Tom, I may need to take you up on that at some point. Sorry for the poor phrasing, but I was trying to show those as examples of new Roban toolings, I only meant to say that you guys didn’t carry the new 600 super scale series.

However, given the short lives of the molds, it would definitely be nice to see some iterations and improvements on the models as new molds are made. Especially in the case of models like the 800 UH-1D Huey. Same goes for the 700 Blackhawk and 407. Some simple scale tweaks (like the Huey nose shape and engine doghouse) would go a long way. Same thing with including correct door guns and mounts.

Comment

• Hey Tom how about an ME109 G6 or an E model. One of the most produced planes of all time and tons of different color schemes. Maybe in a grey primer version so we can paint it in different color schemes. It seems there are not many models of this famous airplane available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
        Keep your feedback coming. If you asked for something 100 pages ago and we did not make it, feel free to mention it again.
        Well, I'm happy that y'all were able to get the MiG-29OVT over here to the States and I'm happy that there'll be a second batch that I can grab a bird from early next year.
        I'd be really curious to see if a VT-equipped sport jet (Sebart AreS) would be too much of a niche market, or if it'd do well. But the Avanti is still a solid freestyle bird and the Vulcan reminds me of a Rebel in flight characteristics, so I'm happy there. Still want a pure 3D jet though, and I think the AreS would be that! :)

On the warbird end, I remember around mid-year of 2020 there were rumors swirling of a C-130 planned, not sure if that went anywhere. 6S and 2.5m wingspan would be pretty cool if that became a reality.

Comment

• You all keep for getting the F-111.
          AMA 424553

Comment

• OK Tom, here's my list:
            • Beechcraft Starship
            • Beechcraft Staggerwing
            • Panavia Tornado
            • Concorde
            • Zero
            • P-51B ("Berlin Express")
            • Mosquito
            • B-25
            • Cirrus SF50 VisionJet

Comment

• Yeah, I wouldn't buy any of those.... Maybe a Zero or Starship... but no...

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                Yeah, I wouldn't buy any of those.... Maybe a Zero or Starship... but no...
                that’s what I love about this hobby…enough diversity that there’s something for everyone. While I appreciate what Freewing has done with the Eurofighter, one probably won’t end up in my hangar. It’s just not that interesting of a subject for me. I’m sure the ROI will be good though!

Comment

• I agree. Out of curiosity which on your list would be #1? I assume that even though you list one first it may not be the most wanted. There have been seven new or new scheme EDFs but the last Flight Line has been a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                    I agree. Out of curiosity which on your list would be #1? I assume that even though you list one first it may not be the most wanted. There have been seven new or new scheme EDFs but the last Flight Line has been a while.
                    Yeah, Starship. There’s one owned by a guy in Aspen and regularly flies in KAPA near where I live. It actually flew over yesterday while I was at the RC field.

Rutan was way ahead of his time on this one.

Idk how big of an appetite the market may have but no doubt the uniqueness of this as a model. I know there are some balsa kits out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post
                      OK Tom, here's my list:
                      • Beechcraft Starship
                      • Cirrus SF50 VisionJet
                      The Starship would be a must have for me. The Cirrus, 2nd in your list, but a distant 2nd in any list I'd have. The staggerwings I've seen in model form just don't fly well and don't appeal to me in general. Already have the F-14 and it trumps the Tornado. Concorde is interesting but would be complex and expensive to do. The others, I've had most of them by other brands and they've been done enough.
                      From a manufacturer's point of view, they have be able to pre-judge what will sell. Molds can start at $50,000.00 and go up from there. They have to sell XXXX numbers to make it worth while. If they see a plane on only one or two peoples' wish list, they're going the be very unreceptive. They also must let the bean counters do their thing at least one go round.

Comment

• Similarly I would jump on a Pond Racer, been asking for years. But it would have to have the performance of the real one. I made a "Concorde" years back. Was tough to fly. Did not like to be slow. Rolls were crazy fast. When I first built it I had the CG wrong and it did a crazy back flip like the unlimited hydro boats do. I made a model of the model to figure out CG and it flew well. First with a .46 but that was too much, then a .32 and then converted to electric.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Connie.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	365149

Comment

• B1b, P1110
                          rc flyin addict

Comment

• P 51B ! Colonel James Howard's Ding Hao!

Name:	media-377112.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	367915Click image for larger version

Name:	media-377116.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	367916

Or how about a P51B in Old Crow colors to salute Americas oldest living ace (Triple Ace) Recently promoted Brigadier General Clarence 'Bud' Anderson who just turned 101 years old in Jan 2023.

Buds a national treasure.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Grossman56 Howard's Mustang Ding Hao would be fabulous. I bought the Jim Meister "Master Scale" kit back in the late '80s, but life got in the way and sold her in '01 or '02. No regrets, but would certainly like to build it in 1600 mm by FlightLine . Best, LB
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• spruce goose,B29,: looks like banana going to be 1st with the B1B, wish freewing would make it, time will tell is the BH kit is any good. I'm done with the re-kitting of cheap planes and having to throw out all the innards, FW spoiled me
                                rc flyin addict

Comment

• Surely single prop warbird is due.. zero , hellcat,, wild,cat gear difficult, maybe

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                                    Surely single prop warbird is due.. zero , hellcat,, wild,cat gear difficult, maybe
                                    I'd like to see a large BF 109 or FW 190 by FL, 1600mm. Really don't like the E-Flight 109, looks like a "clown car" and the FW 190 I have is from Extreme Flight/Aces High. It's outstanding, wood and monocoat, but their main landing gear isn't quite right and parts are scarce.
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

I'd like to see a large BF 109 or FW 190 by FL, 1600mm. Really don't like the E-Flight 109, looks like a "clown car" and the FW 190 I have is from Extreme Flight/Aces High. It's outstanding, wood and monocoat, but their main landing gear isn't quite right and parts are scarce.
                                      The eflite 190 flies great and can be fixed. But yeah out of the box it is hideous.

I would like to see more planes in similar scales. Zeros. Macchis, 109s, mosquito’s, etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

The eflite 190 flies great and can be fixed. But yeah out of the box it is hideous.

I would like to see more planes in similar scales. Zeros. Macchis, 109s, mosquito’s, etc
                                        WOW, outstanding work on those. I would immediately go for either one.

BTW, anyone notice all the new MRC discontinued, including the Spitfire?

My Aces High/Extreme Flight Red Tulip with 2 Model Sounds 3" speakers, sounds great, flies even better:

Name:	20220708_224926.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	370345Click image for larger version

Name:	20220601_115031.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	375.8 KB
ID:	370346
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Some say it’s a web glitch.

Comment

Working...
                                          X