X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLTRI View Post
    This could very well be my first EDF. At $99 it's not much to invest if I find out I really am a prop only guy. Nice job guys!
    This is almost exactly why we made this aircraft. EDF's are a different beast and it's always nice to have something with scale detail, great flight characteristics and low cost. We hope you pick one up and if so, share pics and video! Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
      I'm usually not interested in 64mm EDF's but this one is neat, I'll be getting one.
      This is the one you toss in the car and boss at the field on the way home from work

Comment

Its a difficult decision for me with christmas right around the corner...so it looks like the wife and kid are getting less this year. Pulled the trigger w/6chan stabilized admiral rx. Thank you Alpha-clause for bringing us such wonderful gifts. Project kennedy...the story of the f8 recon runs over cuba is amazing.
        Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
          I'm thinking this and a 65A ESC on a 4S 2200...
          We tried it here at the factory and it was B. ALL. ISTIC. You'll need a smaller 4s, though, or prepare to do some hogging. We left as much room as we could in the forward compartment, as seen below. In Ryan's flight video you can see that his 3s ~1600-1800 batt is all the way aft.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170822_165627.jpg
Views:	1621
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	101517

For you modders, here's a photo of the constituent parts. You can see the area under the main wing is open, so relocate your battery and ESC to hit CG.

Name:	IMG_20170701_102835.jpg
Views:	1561
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	101518

And finally, here are some photos of the Crusader alongside the 64mm Panther and Hornet:

Name:	IMG_20170701_095006.jpg
Views:	1565
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	101520Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170701_102615.jpg
Views:	1555
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	101521

Final note: I fly mine on tailerons only, as a matter of personal preference. I pinned the ailerons shut and disconnected their control linkage. If anyone is curious if it can be done, it can be.
          Attached Files
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
            Its a difficult decision for me with christmas right around the corner...so it looks like the wife and kid are getting less this year. Pulled the trigger w/6chan stabilized admiral rx. Thank you Alpha-clause for bringing us such wonderful gifts. Project kennedy...the story of the f8 recon runs over cuba is amazing.
            Thanks for the support, Rob! Yes, the F-8 recon runs over Cuba is a story worth telling and retelling! Part of the fun here is telling the factory why projects are named as they are. It's a bit of a history lesson for them, too, to help associate names, faces, dates, and events to the models they're producing.

"Alpha-claus"... lol, that's a new one ;)
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	twilight-gator-by-mike-machat-f-8-crusader-2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	25.1 KB ID:	101537Click image for larger version  Name:	PIRATESBOUNTY600.jpg Views:	1 Size:	58.1 KB ID:	101538
              Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              Final note: I fly mine on tailerons only, as a matter of personal preference. I pinned the ailerons shut and disconnected their control linkage. If anyone is curious if it can be done, it can be.
              Planning to do the same. The paintings above were created by my dear friend, aviation artist Mike Machat.

Comment

Ahhhhh, It's so cute :Love:

I guess I'll have to get 1 and toss in a 2836 3500 kv motor ; 45 amp ESC ; and a 12 blade fan unit in her to see how she really gets down. :Smug:

Comment

I'm not too keen on the extended elevator push rod length for the tailerons.

since it is flyable as such, here's an really interesting question for you....

Has any of the test pilots every tried to fly it with the elevators pinned solid and use just the ailerons in the " elevon " configuration???

Comment

Is the landing gear available anywhere yet? Don't see it on the Spare Parts or Upgrades pages. I need to order some parts anyway, so I'm throwing one of these in the cart too.
                    Pat

Comment

I'm thinking separate elevator and ailerons...I can't believe the detail on this one and all the nomenclature decals.
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Great scene from the film, 'Thirteen Days', performing recon mission over Cuba during the missile crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcangel View Post
                          Ahhhhh, It's so cute :Love:

I guess I'll have to get 1 and toss in a 2836 3500 kv motor ; 45 amp ESC ; and a 12 blade fan unit in her to see how she really gets down. :Smug:
                          My thoughts exactly! More to the point; why is there no 4S version or a Plus to stick our own power system in?

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                            I'm thinking separate elevator and ailerons...I can't believe the detail on this one and all the nomenclature decals.
                            Easy to add rudder while your at it.

Comment

Yep,airframe only version would be nice.

Comment

Not to worry, my friend, Project Tennyson50 is very much alive. As I had mentioned in that Guessing thread, the two Project names I gave (Project Virtue and Project Tennyson50) weren't necessarily sequential, they were just two of the [many] Projects we're working on. "Something for everyone" is an evolving phrase. Already this year from Freewing and FlightLineRC we've had a big twin 80mm jet, an 80mm sport jet, a 70mm scale/sport jet, a 70mm scale jet repaint, a 64mm parkjet, a big twin warbird, a big single engine warbird... and the next project will be a turbine powered RC 1/4 scale hovercraft. With lasers. And a boombox.
                                Thanx for the feedback Alpha cause unfortunately that guessing thread was removed and I have been asking for it's return but no one will respond.:Straight-Face:
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I'm convinced I won! Lol
                                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Im tempted to also get one but I know I would end up putting another $100 into it in upgrades at which point I would had been better off getting the Yak 70mm.
                                    The 5 blade fan would have to go off the bat, I can't stand the winding noise they make.

Comment

I have an older 64mm JPowers Crusader that looks identical . Bought it at the Dave Graben Estate sale this past spring. He had it painted in USAF jungle camo livery as Col Dave was an USAF guy. Fly's great!

Just wondering if the new FW model is a resurrected JPowers. Same mold sets ?

The variable incident wing was pretty cool but I think Ling Temco Vought one upped themselves with the A7 Super Corsair.

Hawk
                                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

This Freewing F-8 is a new mold! The J Power was an A-7, still have one hanging in my garage.

Comment

Tony,

You're correct. My bad. I stand corrected. Like Pontiacs, Oldsmobile's and Fords there's a common pedigree that comes through among various models. They all have the look. Vought was similar in that respect with the big air scoop.

Here is the Dave Grabel jungle camo special A7, USAF version.

Comment

Working...
                                          X