Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well guys here the 4S skinny on how to up-grade these 64mm 3S ops birds from freewing. Find an EDF in Motions inventory that has been upgraded to a 4S ops, purchase all that is needed, and BADA-BING BADA BOOM there you go. These 64mm freewing birds fly good on 3S but fly great on 4S. The 4S really makes them "SKY SCOOTERS" I have an old beat up F9F with the 4S ops and it is a blast to fly. Been doing it now for well over a year and a half. So; don't be shy or scared, step up to the plate and go for it. You will not regret it.

Comment

Alpha...if the new hovercraft w/lasers and boombox plays cassets im in. Have a few Adam Ant, Men at Work i'd love to hear again. Like your children ,you love them all but there is a favorite. My 70-99mm jets are my faves but i love my hand launch too. When my two paved spots are unavailable i can always fly my park jets. I added a lemon stabilized rx to my BH deltawing and its like its on a rail. Removes any anxiety about hand launch or windy conditions. This F8 ($99 bucks!) Looks incredible. F 100 next please.
      Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Final note: I fly mine on tailerons only, as a matter of personal preference. I pinned the ailerons shut and disconnected their control linkage. If anyone is curious if it can be done, it can be.
        Just wondering how differently it flies in the two configurations?

I ordered one last night.

Comment

Originally posted by liteflyer50 View Post
          Well guys here the 4S skinny on how to up-grade these 64mm 3S ops birds from freewing. Find an EDF in Motions inventory that has been upgraded to a 4S ops, purchase all that is needed, and BADA-BING BADA BOOM there you go. These 64mm freewing birds fly good on 3S but fly great on 4S. The 4S really makes them "SKY SCOOTERS" I have an old beat up F9F with the 4S ops and it is a blast to fly. Been doing it now for well over a year and a half. So; don't be shy or scared, step up to the plate and go for it. You will not regret it.
          Great thinking, and I just had a look at the parts bin for the 64mm Stinger 4s. A five or twelve blade fan setup is available. Which would be better?

Comment

I slapped a 12b FMS in my FW F/A-18. Pretty cool and inexpensive upgrade. 4S is the only way to go on these 64's. Keeps life interesting.

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by dahawk View Post
              Tony,

You're correct. My bad. I stand corrected. Like Pontiacs, Oldsmobile's and Fords there's a common pedigree that comes through among various models. They all have the look. Vought was similar in that respect with the big air scoop.

Here is the Dave Grabel jungle camo special A7, USAF version.
              To be fair, the SkyAngel/JPower 50mm plane was marketed as an F-8. But it looks like a cross between an A-7, F-8, and a largemouth bass. LOL
              Pat

Comment

Lol. This A7 is a 64mm. Did not even know they made one. When Atomix rc got out of JPower, I ordered what I thought was a 50mm AMX. They sent me a 64mm.

What ever happened to JPower? I still have a few of their 50mm jobs.
                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

Great thinking, and I just had a look at the parts bin for the 64mm Stinger 4s. A five or twelve blade fan setup is available. Which would be better?
                  Its a personal call on that one. I have had both in my F9F and the performance is about the same. However, the 12 blade sounds more like a real jet than the 5 blade. Its your call, their both fun

Comment

Mine is on the way. I plan to go straight taileron, and fly it on the 3S system to begin with. I have (4) 3S 2200 Pro's sitting around looking for an airframe to power anyway.

I do have the 4S 12 bladed fan unit sitting in the bin, and plenty of ESCs to choose from, so I will probably upgrade it at some point. But I am really just looking for a nice, docile model I can take to the local park and fly if I don't want to make the hour trip to either of my club fields. Let some kids see it flying and try to attain interest in the hobby from the younger generation.

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                      I'm thinking this and a 65A ESC on a 4S 2200...
                      Thinking of doing the same. But I'll wait until it gets here first to see what I have to work with for a battery compartment. Maybe run a RoaringTop 4S 1800 45C in it. It is only slightly larger than an Admiral 3S 2200.
                      Pat

Comment

Originally posted by 19000rpm View Post

My thoughts exactly! More to the point; why is there no 4S version or a Plus to stick our own power system in?
                        The manual shown in the video lists an ARF Plus version. Perhaps MRC will import some if they're truly available.

Comment

I just put in my order for this new little plane. I’m anxious to get it. I’ll probably fly it as is for a bit. I have an F-18 High Performance 4s system that I might try out. But I’d rather fly it stock first to see if it needs it or not. Looking forward to it getting here next week (10/30). I should have it ready to fly for the weekend. We’ll see. I wonder what else Alpha and company have in mind...

Comment

Originally posted by davecee View Post

The manual shown in the video lists an ARF Plus version. Perhaps MRC will import some if they're truly available.
                            Freewing manuals are all inclusive. The inclusion of the ARF Plus bar in the manual for the parts included, is so that if there ever is an ARF Plus, they do not have to re-print the manual. This should not be seen as as a preclusion of an ARF Plus. The 64, 70, and most of the 80 mm class of models do not not have an ARF Plus in addition to the PNP. We had tried KIT, ARF, and ARF Plus versions of these models, but the demand for them was not there, and they were therefore discontinued. It takes a tremendous amount of space to stock and store different versions of the same model, and space comes at a great expense. To keep the prices as low as we have them, and to make the best models available at the best prices available, most of the models are PNP only, as you will find the F-8 to be. I do hope that Freewing eventually makes a stock 4S version available, but until then, you will probably not see anything other than the 3S stock PNP. At 99.99, it is still a huge bargain for anyone wanting to upgrade the power system.

Comment

Thanks motion dudes! Thanks for keeping us small field guys in mind.In the video pilot said something about a putting in a gyro,Is it squirrely?

Comment

What a pleasant surprise! The 64 mm EDFs are the perfect size and speed for where I fly, but it's great that you designed the airframe to accept upgrades for those who want a little more. Keep em coming!!!
                                UMX: B-17, PT-17, P-47, A-10, Habu. E-Flite: Sportsman, Timber, Spitfire, P-47. Flyzone f-86 64 mm, Dynam Albatros, Flyzone Zero Select, Freewing B-17, Hobby Zone F4-U Corsair

Comment

I suspect its not squirrely until the wind picks up. That has been my experience with the hand launch i have. In any wind my BH 50mm f86 tracks thru the sky as twitchy as lie on a polygraph. Launch and landings are sketchy. My BH 50mm deltawing with stabilized lemon rx flies as straight as my stepmothers last EKG (DOA). The launch is so much more predictable with a stabilizer. If you induce a roll when you toss it the rx stops it. Flying in 20mph gusts the other day was actually fun. ( stabilized 6 ch admiral rx on way with f8, should be at door today...)
                                  PS...
                                  Dont judge me too harshly on the stepmother...she earned the name "fun police"
                                  Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

Comment

At first I got excited, until I saw the 64mm EDF. I hope FW will come up with a 70 or 80 mm version. I have been waiting forever for someone to come up with one. Too bad..... It would have made a great Xmas gift .

Comment

I just unboxed my f8...this thing is beautiful. The paint details,the waterslide decals, panel lines...incredible for a $99 64mm jet. When i compare it to my fw F9f (a wonderfully flying jet )you can really see the way freewing is headed. I will buy these all day long. It's as close to a styrene model as any foamie i own. Another addition to the golden age.

Comment

Just unboxed mine and this thing is gorgeous, there's no way I would belly land it, working on a gear mod now. The detail, paint and decals are what you would expect on a $600 plane.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171027_221404266_iOS.jpg
Views:	820
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	101959

Excellent packaging...

Name:	20171027_222141175_iOS.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	101957

For a stock build it will take longer for the glue to dry than to build it.

Name:	20171027_222248152_iOS.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	101953

I love the Mig 21 Kill.

Name:	20171027_222213056_iOS.jpg
Views:	747
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	101954