Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its a good thing that there will still be one F-4 Phantom with the Collins Foundation operating in the US. Which by the way returned to flying condition not too long ago after 7 years of overhauling.
    The best part is that its available for flights to the public for a price. Its costly but its still cheaper than going to Russia to fly in a Mig-29. If I ever won the lottery this is at the top of my to do list. http://www.collingsfoundation.org/vm...ning-programs/

Comment

• Thinking about pulling the trigger on the dual 64mm afterburner rings for this girl. Does it look possible to modify the exhaust nozzles to get these to fit?

Comment

• Very cool!

Comment

• Man would I love to take a ride in their F-4!
          Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
            Man would I love to take a ride in their F-4!
            Know what you're saying mate - I'd cry with joy. (You don't wanna know what a ride in a blue nose or spitty would do to me lol) ;)

Comment

• Well I pulled the trigger tonight the 90mm F4 Phantom is pre- ordered I feel like an expecting farther LOL

Comment

• We have a local CAF chapter here. They offer rides in a variety of planes; Stearman, AT-6, B-25, C-47, B-17, you get the idea. One of these days I'm going up in the Texan. Quite a bit cheaper at $325 than the F-4. ;)
                Pat

Comment

• If I only had $15k just laying around to throw at a 45min ride in the F-4. :f4phantomLOL:Scared:

Comment

• Wow 15 K. for a ride or ......a Fully equipped Skymaster F-4. and a decent vacation!
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Yeah a buddy of mine got a free ride in one of the planes when he was on leave from Iraq. I wasn't as lucky. Lol

Comment

• Ha! Knowing the right people is key! I like Free!!
                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• While pilots are awaiting the arrival of the Phantoms, I thought I would cull through the loads of F-4 photos that Rob and I have worked together to gather over the last month or two, process some more and post them. We've had Rob's F-4 out in both sunny weather and on overcast days. It's a looker for sure! I thought I would finish this series of F-4 photos with a few of Rob flying another legacy Freewing EDF ;)

Comment

• That is one nice looking F-4, looks fantastic on the ground and in the air, it's going to be a long month of March I can tell already, need something to keep me occupied while I wait for the F-4 beauty to arrive,,,,,,,,,,:Cool:

Comment

• For those of you that either have this model or have seen it up close, I would like to ask a question. Is there enough room in the battery compartment to fit a 6S and a 2S pack for the 8S setup that I'm going to need?

Comment

• Originally posted by lomcevac View Post
                                For those of you that either have this model or have seen it up close, I would like to ask a question. Is there enough room in the battery compartment to fit a 6S and a 2S pack for the 8S setup that I'm going to need?
                                With the 8S you can either use two 4S 5000's in series, or one 6S 5000 and one 2S 5000 in series so you are good to go!

Sweet photos as usual Jon! Would love to snag the high res versions from you for marketing if you don't mind?
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by lomcevac View Post
                                  For those of you that either have this model or have seen it up close, I would like to ask a question. Is there enough room in the battery compartment to fit a 6S and a 2S pack for the 8S setup that I'm going to need?
                                  The battery area is HUGE. I'm going to be running two RoaringTop 4S 5800 35Cs for my 8S setup, and there's room to spare.
                                  Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
                                    While pilots are awaiting the arrival of the Phantoms, I thought I would cull through the loads of F-4 photos that Rob and I have worked together to gather over the last month or two, process some more and post them. We've had Rob's F-4 out in both sunny weather and on overcast days. It's a looker for sure! I thought I would finish this series of F-4 photos with a few of Rob flying another legacy Freewing EDF ;)

Golly, Bajora, those are gorgeous photos! The hazy ones are my favorite, they look very realistic in an overcast sky.

My most favorite one is the shot showing the belly as the F-4 is at the apex of a vertical climb.I'm guessing it's at the apex because it appears that Rob is holding full down elevator! Unless that was during one of his inverted push overs. Really great flying by that guy, and I think his review said it all about the F-4's handling --"Confidence inspiring".
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Hey all. I'm Steve Thomas and I am a newbie here at 'Hobby Squawk, so I don't want to violate protocol but wish to share an F4 group with this group. It is the F4 Society http://www.f4phantom.com/drupal/references and this group has endeavoured to keep 'em relevant. Their research is great and could be useful to all of us. The link I provided is a reference to nomenclature and markings If this has been shared before forgive me as I have yet to read all the threads. I have been a member there off and on since 1990 when we had our "Phantom Pharwell" at McConnell AFB in Wichita. A sad day to be sure. I enjoy the mods and upgrades I read and will be joining the HS FW "Rhino' squadron as well as the "Hogs' this spring! Very much looking forward to getting back into the hobby. Best to all, Steve (callsign 'Elbee')
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi Steve, welcome to the Squawk!!
                                        Great information, I'm sure the guys will be looking for all the detail they can get!!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Thank you, Grossman56. Q: Is there a way to chronicle or bookmark posts that are most relevant to me, i.e., mods, upgrades, tech info about gear, in order to save brain box space?
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X