X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
    T-Cat, you've got a good thing going, and you're not alone! Judging by our sales data, a large percentage of your customer base stock up on common battery sizes, and thereafter they start stocking up on planes that use those batteries. Flying back to back batteries is cost-effective and quick.

AZFlyer, the F-4's 6s PNP setup is the best balance of all factors, in my eyes. That's why I specified it that way :). The F-15's 12B PNP setup will gain you sound but overall will be slightly slower and slightly less powerful than the stock setup. If the F-4 prototype flew better on the F-15's setup, then I would have delivered the F-4 with the F-15's setup. But in all our tests, the best setup for the F-4 in our sense was the 6s 9B setup that we ultimately selected for the PNP.
    It’s a great way to go and truly has provided a better flying experience because it, let alone the extra practice. I spend more time flying (which is my favorite part of the hobby, among many other great aspects) instead of charging.

I really enjoy the mindfulness of standardization of battery capacity/size in the design of many of the 80-90mm EDF airframes. It’s been absolutely incredible to use the LiPo packs I’ve standardized in my collection among many Freewing airframes in that EDF jet size range. I choose my airframes around whether my batteries will fit and allow for proper positioning to achieve the recommended C.G. range. So, I can thank you and the team for opening up a wide variety of aircraft purchase possibilities without the need to purchase batteries of various capacities (obviously gets expensive and can be a bit troublesome to keep track of which LiPo’s go what airframes, etc.) to fit individual airframes.

Comment

• C rating vs weight is not consistent. Weight per Watt-hr capacity is pretty good at tracking inversely to price if at the same C rating.

I can easily remember when 20 C was a HIGH C rated pack and people were running those for high power EDFs like the BVM 5 inch (127 mm) and we were pulling 25C from them at peak. They do the job and even survive it for up to 300 charge/discharge cycles over 3 years.

You might see up to 1 more year of use from the higher C rated and more expensive packs with a maximum of 5% more watts.

Its unfortunate that there's not a consistent shape for any particular LiPo cell. 4 different makers of 4S 4000 mah 25c and 4 different L X W X D measurements (same total volume)
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Yeah, there’s a plethora of inconsistencies in the LiPo world. LOL

It would be nice to see a standard, and not just label marketing without much behind it.

Comment

• About a year ago, TSHobbies was offering a pilot and as a show of support for a fellow Squawker, I bought one and ended up putting him in my Avanti. This bust seems to me to be a likeness of Robin Olds or danged close. I hear a lot of fellows thinking about going the Olds route and take a look at this pilot!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9783.JPG
Views:	870
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	117924
          Now, seems to me that this might be the route to go.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• So I assume the canopy won’t come glued on due to all the 3D printed accessories? In the picture the ladder sits with 2 ends inside the cockpit. I’d guess lots of us will be putting a Servo to open and close it.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Alpha, just to confirm, is the canopy arriving glued or unglued?

Comment

• The canopy is tack glued in place. Leaving it completely unglued risked damage in the very tight confines of the packaging. Pry it up, customize the cockpit as desired, then glue it back down with more adequate glue.

On future production runs we may reduce the tack glue even further, and support the canopy within the foam cavity another way. But the jigsaw puzzle nature of the box and the long one piece canopy means the only place for the canopy in the box is ove the cockpit.
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thank you! Will do :Cool:.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                    About a year ago, TSHobbies was offering a pilot and as a show of support for a fellow Squawker, I bought one and ended up putting him in my Avanti. This bust seems to me to be a likeness of Robin Olds or danged close. I hear a lot of fellows thinking about going the Olds route and take a look at this pilot!!

Name:	IMG_9783.JPG
Views:	870
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	117924
                    Now, seems to me that this might be the route to go.

Grossman56
                    Any idea where to get more?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
                      Might take a few more minutes for it to finish rendering before it will show up ...a gray day flight, full loadout, no cuts no edits. The lights show up great on days like this!
                      Thanks for the great video , you really show off the vertical capabilities not just the boring figure eights....

Comment

• I am going to see if I can talk my buddy into getting one so we can have some tandem flights...Two of these bad girls would be pretty sweet rocking down the runway!
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hello jet enthusiasts!!!!.....what a great time we have here eh..this bird is fantastic...the vids I've seen are awesome. Wasn't that long ago built and flew a yellow acft f16 ducted fan and fight times were a solid three minutes so im not critical of the flight time with edf jets. I recall years ago Bob Ruff let me fly a NICAD powered A7 Corsair and it barely stayed in the air lol. We have it good these days...

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom 463 View Post
                            Hello jet enthusiasts!!!!.....what a great time we have here eh..this bird is fantastic...the vids I've seen are awesome. Wasn't that long ago built and flew a yellow acft f16 ducted fan and fight times were a solid three minutes so im not critical of the flight time with edf jets. I recall years ago Bob Ruff let me fly a NICAD powered A7 Corsair and it barely stayed in the air lol. We have it good these days...
                            Welcome to the Squawk! Glad you are here.... We are truly in a golden age for the EDF's!!

Comment

• Hi Phantom 463, welcome to Hobby Squawk!

I opened several Yellow Aircraft models. Most were were fun to build and rewarding to fly (Starfire, both F-18s). It's a shame they're no longer around. Same thing with Byrons. I'm glad Jet Hangar models are still available. They're excellent!

As for foam EDFs, yes, it's difficult to point to another time in history where they were more prevalent and more popular. Good times :)

​​​
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Hey fellas....what size burner rings will fit in this bird..thx.

Comment

• Welcome Phantom!
                                  Many moons ago, Bob Ruff took on the task of teaching a hot headed young aviator the tricks of the trade when it came to ducted fans. I may be several years older (and still hot headed), but still learn a thing or two from Bob and have collaborated with him on many projects and events!

Do you fly out in AZ?

Vic

Comment

• While i think the default paint job looks great and will be easy to see in the air. This one has me thinking about getting my air brush out. I might have to so something to the underside to make it pop a bit.... Callie Graphics here i come...

Comment

• Phantom 463
                                      According to another poster, they demisions on the exhaust are 52ID-65ODmm. These are the closest I've found but they may require a little grinding on the id (if possible) so as not to affect the eflux:
                                      http://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?r...roduct_id=4924

Comment

• Originally posted by ElCid View Post
                                        While i think the default paint job looks great and will be easy to see in the air. This one has me thinking about getting my air brush out. I might have to so something to the underside to make it pop a bit.... Callie Graphics here i come...
                                        I like your choice. :)I already queued Callie up for mine...

Name:	f323221.jpg
Views:	755
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	118000

Comment

• Hello fellas and thx so much ch for the warm greetings and burner answer....I used to live in apache junction and member of the Arizona modelers for a number of years...arguably THE BEST flying site anywhere and a great leadership as well. Logged many flights there.....had moved back to New York to look after my Dad but considering moving back to AZ. Also may I add 463 was the first fighter jet I crewed in the Air Force at Homestead AFB.tail code was ZF....but the OY code is where the action happened...also met CHUCK DEBELLVUE when he came on the flight line to see his ole girl....talked to him at length...very easy man to talk with. I want to thenk ALL staff and significant others for bring this aspect of the hobby to a very high tone.HATS OFF TO THE CREW!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X