Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I say I've mentioned this earlier in this thread, albeit it's a long one already, that we left the door open for other colors, versions. The SEA will run its course for a while, though. I need a Robin Olds SCAT XXVII, stat.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Okay, we stayed in the room to listened to the entire conversation. We just couldn't leave, your interview was just too good. Thank you for your kind words.

As Willie Nelson sang, we're..."On the road again!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        I say I've mentioned this earlier in this thread, albeit it's a long one already, that we left the door open for other colors, versions. The SEA will run its course for a while, though.
        Alpha,

This is exactly the scheme I was asking for! I've crossed paths with now General Steve Ritchie several times in my USAF career. Now I'll get to fly a scale model of his aircraft. Thanks for thinking about us USAF guys first this time!

Sean

Comment

• Thank you for taking time to do the podcast! I really enjoyed it like always !

Comment

I say I've mentioned this earlier in this thread, albeit it's a long one already, that we left the door open for other colors, versions. The SEA will run its course for a while, though. I need a Robin Olds SCAT XXVII, stat.
            I'm doing it. Already have the decals from Callie that I was going to put on my LX F-4. Glad I have not finished that one yet as they'll go on the FW version. ;)
            Pat

Comment

• Nice podcast! I think it confirmed my thoughts on the power system. I might go ahead and try the 1550kv 12 blade. Otherwise maybe an FMS 90 or something else.
              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• I am ecsatic over this plane. The Marine in me wants a grey USMC version, but this SEA camo edition looks too good to repaint. IMHO you guys @MRC & Freewing made awesome decisions. No inner gear doors, single 90 w/9 blade fan, no complicated slat system helps keep cost down and better performance, and I appreciate what you guys did! Thank you!

Comment

• Is there any chance We'll see an F-4 in the 64mm series like the F-8 and F-105?
                  Our field's runway is a sad joke at 200 feet and worn out Geotech so it would be damaged every landing.
                  Plus I don't have $500 to drop right now but would love a smaller version until I can get this 90mm beauty....
                  Always loved the phantom as a kid watching them fly into the boneyard in Tucson... :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jody Shaneyfelt View Post
                    Is there any chance We'll see an F-4 in the 64mm series like the F-8 and F-105?
                    Our field's runway is a sad joke at 200 feet and worn out Geotech so it would be damaged every landing.
                    Plus I don't have $500 to drop right now but would love a smaller version until I can get this 90mm beauty....
                    Always loved the phantom as a kid watching them fly into the boneyard in Tucson... :)
                    Get the club to apply asphalt sealer onto the Geotex. It will close up the hole and if yo have a passable base will be like thin reinforced asphalt. (original purpose of that fabric was to reinforce asphalt)
                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Hey, I've got NO problem painting an airplane! Check out the F7F, FW P-51, The Pitts....
                      Half the fun is making it your own, heck they all shudder when I whip out the air brush.
                      Remember all the customizing with the A-10 and the A-4, just 'cause it's camo doesn't mean it will be any harder to repaint, Blue Angels Steve??

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Easiest to repaint is... a plane that wasn't painted yet.

Its just lighter to not have to cover the factory color. And stripping the paint is a PITA.

And its one of the easiest requests to deal with. Just tell the factory: don't paint some of them.

There is absolutely no way they could handle the logistics of every paint scheme requested.

A light, solid color, no decals applied would make a good base coat for any scheme and if chosen well, would just need decal sets to meet a few desired squadrons' aircraft.

What they came up with is definitely a very nice plane that would have most of us hesitate to repaint unless we have a specific reason to want to do a different scheme.
                        My Father trained to fly the Phantom at Pensacola, FL, getting qualification "traps" on the USS Lexington and he got a ride in one with the Blue Angels. He logged some hours in them off of the USS Coral Sea and from NAS Alameda. (a few schemes that he would have flown in as a Flight Surgeon, but 2 that are most significant.)

FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Any change to a process is stil a variation that must be dealt with. Additional spare parts must be stocked etc. It may seem easy to accommdate at the factory and in due time they may offer such. Alpha has already indicated that option is on the table. For now it is what it is and it is really not that difficult to re-paint if desired. Stripping is a pain but not always necessary. A light coat of auto primer is usually enough to cover the existing paint without adding much weight. Most will be quite satisfied with the SEA camo.

Comment

I say I've mentioned this earlier in this thread, albeit it's a long one already, that we left the door open for other colors, versions. The SEA will run its course for a while, though. I need a Robin Olds SCAT XXVII, stat.
                            Fully intend to do this.

By the way, are any parts coming in before shipment? I'd love to get my hands on a canopy to start designing an opening version.

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                            Any change to a process is stil a variation that must be dealt with. Additional spare parts must be stocked etc. It may seem easy to accommdate at the factory and in due time they may offer such. Alpha has already indicated that option is on the table. For now it is what it is and it is really not that difficult to re-paint if desired. Stripping is a pain but not always necessary. A light coat of auto primer is usually enough to cover the existing paint without adding much weight. Most will be quite satisfied with the SEA camo.
                            my Mig21, i didnt even prime, straight Tamiya acrylics shot over the silver. A nice side effect is I can create chipping anywhere I want now...

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                              Hey, I've got NO problem painting an airplane! Check out the F7F, FW P-51, The Pitts....
                              Half the fun is making it your own, heck they all shudder when I whip out the air brush.
                              Remember all the customizing with the A-10 and the A-4, just 'cause it's camo doesn't mean it will be any harder to repaint, Blue Angels Steve??

Grossman56
                              I will most likely be going with the VF-84 Jolly Rogers F-4J. For me the best Blue Angel is the A-4 so I have that covered.

Comment

• That's what I do, Alpha mentioned that the factory paint makes a great base anyway, proof??
                                Before.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9562.JPG
Views:	719
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	117405

And After, no stripping....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9618.JPG
Views:	739
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	117406

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Let the fun begin!!:Drinks:
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Some interesting Phantoms. The bottom view loaded up with armament shows some good weathering details. Not sure about the Tiger paint job or who it belonged to. I found another picture of it being loaded on a flatbed from what appeared to be a boneyard, and it was looking really rough.

Comment

• Preorder 1 on the 6s pnp has sold out

Comment

• i have the fan, motor, and esc from the eurofighter motion rc sells here, would this jet be a good fit for this set up with a 6 cell lipo? thx

Comment

• Originally posted by tomme21 View Post
                                          i have the fan, motor, and esc from the eurofighter motion rc sells here, would this jet be a good fit for this set up with a 6 cell lipo? thx
                                          If I recall correctly, Alpha said the 1550kv 12bl fan would be the minimum he would recommend in it. The Eurofighter comes stock with a 1450kv fan so it might be a little under powered for the F-4. Alpha said you definitely do not want to fly it underpowered.

Comment

Working...
                                          X