Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 90mm F-4 Phantom II Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lomcevac View Post
    I have pulled the trigger on the 8S version. Can't wait!
    Welcome to Hobby Squawk!!! I am excited too... :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by lomcevac View Post
      I have pulled the trigger on the 8S version. Can't wait!
      Yes, welcome to the Squawk! Thanks so much for grabbing an F-4!

Comment

• Thanks, Robert, and welcome, lomcevac!

Thank you to everyone for your support and excitement. With each new product we are really encouraged by the growth these categories are seeing in terms of interest and retention. Spread the word and invite someone new to experience this hobby we all love!
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Lomcevak, Welcome ! I want to see a video of your F4 performing a Lomcevak. Captain Mike did one with the A-10.

This is the first pre-order I've missed out for a while and the very one I was dreaming about for a long time. Sigh. Still haven't got my Liberator in the air and have low hours on the A-4 so I'll wait till summer. Maybe by then they'll be a J version( Go Navy) available.
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
            Lomcevak, Welcome ! I want to see a video of your F4 performing a Lomcevak. Captain Mike did one with the A-10.

This is the first pre-order I've missed out for a while and the very one I was dreaming about for a long time. Sigh. Still haven't got my Liberator in the air and have low hours on the A-4 so I'll wait till summer. Maybe by then they'll be a J version( Go Navy) available.
            Dave, just cut the goatee off, give it a quick re-paint and some Callie Graphics and Badda Bing! F-4J

Comment

• My favorite Thunderbird is the #4 jet. The Phantom was the last year they had the black tail for the #4 ship. Classic

Comment

• RCJD,

Good one. Maybe I'll catch the next batch. I will have one eventually.

Dr Death There's a good Blue Angels story that occurred in 1971 at an Iowa Air show. Number 4 forgot to lower his gear and belly landed down the runway with a hail of sparks. The Naval aviator was promptly sent to Vietnam.
                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Just placed my order in the second batch!

Comment

• I will have to wait till after Perry, funds. R.
                    AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                      RCJD,

Good one. Maybe I'll catch the next batch. I will have one eventually.

Dr Death There's a good Blue Angels story that occurred in 1971 at an Iowa Air show. Number 4 forgot to lower his gear and belly landed down the runway with a hail of sparks. The Naval aviator was promptly sent to Vietnam.
                      OUCH! And they call out everything, not sure how he missed that. I remember growing up on Otis AFB and having free run during Open House, my dad was an SP and had guys reporting to him. They all watched out for me. It was cool back then to kind of hang around back in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDeath View Post
                        My favorite Thunderbird is the #4 jet. The Phantom was the last year they had the black tail for the #4 ship. Classic
                        Just curious, why was one of the tails black?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post

Just curious, why was one of the tails black?
                          All of the black exhaust coming out of Thunderbird #1 would blacken the tail. It was easier for them to just paint it black to hide the dirt. #4 is the slot pilot, always tucked right behind the leader. Most say the #4 is the best pilot as he has three planes to watch out for during maneuvers.

Comment

• Anddddddddd....officially ordered. I love the feeling of having $570 less dollars than before. LOL

What better way to show Freewing (and of course Motion) their efforts are worthwhile to help promote further EDF market growth than by purchasing. :):Cool:

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	117692Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	117693Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	117694Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	117695
                              Photos from the Arizona Electric Festival 2018.

Comment

• I wonder if anyone is going to get creative enough to light up the formation light strips?
                                Current Fleet: Flightline Tigercat, Flightline Bearcat, Eflite Corsair, ESM Skyraider, Pilot RC Yak-54 30%:corsair

Comment

• Glad to see a new US Military jet released, I'm not a fan of the Phantom but I know so many pilots happy to see this jet in production, I've had the privilege to fly all of the 90mm jets, and my biggest issue has been flight time, to shell out $500+ on a jet that has to land under 3 minutes is a huge issue for me. I hope this power set up 9 bladed or 8s set up provide 4 minute flight times (and yes I manage my throttle well when flying) All of the 80mm jets have been fantastic when it comes to flight times (4-5 min). If anyone can elaborate on this from Motion will be nice. I'm a good customer and this isn't a complaint, or shade, I love EDF's and so happy to see how far they've come from just a few years ago with fans sounding like vacuum cleaners.

Comment

• I'm with you man!
                                    The only gripe I've got is flight times.

Flying with 5000's we set the timer for 3:00.
                                    I did fly it this weekend with 5800's and was able to reliably set an additional 15 seconds.

Like you, I'm big on throttle management. There are times on the back-side of big air manuevers when I'm completely out of the power. Flying like that, I was able to safely get 3:30 and a shade over 4:00 start to stop.

With an appropriate 8s setup and efficient mixed-aggressive flying, I'm betting 4:30 or more is well within reach.

Vic

Comment

• Hey F-4 experts:

How do you think this plane would fly on the 1680kv 12-blade fan? This is the one on the HiPo F-15.

Comment

• Looks like they got a a free pass with the Israeli AF. Tail letters: " OY " LOL I'll have to share that with my boss who was a Major in the Israeli AF. He'll get a kick out it. I ironically met a guy at a hotel bar in Seattle a few weeks ago who was stationed at Ubon , He had noticed I was wearing a F-4J ball cap and he struck up a conversation. . This is where Robin Olds was stationed. He was a crew chief. Showed me hundreds of pictures saved on his i-phone. An encyclopedia of info on the Ubon ops. Pretty cool. And this was before the FW plane was announced.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post
                                          Hey F-4 experts:

How do you think this plane would fly on the 1680kv 12-blade fan? This is the one on the HiPo F-15.
                                          I obviously haven’t flown this jet. However, the 1680kv inrunner 90mm EDF 12-blade Freewing 6S power system is a bit of an amp hog (I’ve owned two of these). It produces nice thrust though, and can’t imagine why it wouldn’t work well in this jet. It’s a heavy system, so should allow for a bit heavier/larger capacity battery to be used and still achieve CG. Hopefully the testers can say whether they have used this during their testing and what the results were in this particular jet.

Comment

Working...
                                          X