Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going ballistic!!!! Look at the dirt! :Drinks:

Comment

• What one needs is a smoke bomb igniter on this plane with a black smoke bomb. :)

Comment

• Or something like it.

Comment

• Someone 3D print a tail for a drag chute mod! Not my pic by the way pulled it of RCG feom someone who did a drag chute mod on a eflite F-4

Comment

• Is it supposed to open down or up at an angle?

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1018-copyrighted.jpg
Views:	1460
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	117466

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
              Is it supposed to open down or up at an angle?

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1018-copyrighted.jpg
Views:	1460
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	117466
              Im sure yours is more accurate but that would be challenging to do. I just want a functioning one

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                What one needs is a smoke bomb igniter on this plane with a black smoke bomb. :)

Common fireworks smoke bomb.

Short piece of ni-chrome wire wrapped on the fuse.

25 amp rated BRUSHED ESC connected to the wire to make it heat up will light the fuse. Full length fireworks fuses are intended to be about 4 seconds (but are not consistent)
                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Is the preorder price of $569 for the 8s a lower price than the normal price not yet announced?

Comment

• I found a nice printable bust today, and the best part about it, is with a great deal of care you can remove the mask and their is a face underneath with plenty of room for a big ol' handlebar mustache. Quite a bit of cleanup to do here, but I'm seeing some potential.

Comment

• My money is on RCjetdude having the first fully-operational drag chute mod on this beast. Just a wild guess. LOL
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Who me? If the full size chute is 16' in diameter then at 1:11 scale I am looking at about 17.5". Anybody know? I sure couldn't locate any specifics on the chute. I can sew like a mad man.

Comment

• Hey Alpha, I enjoyed the RC After Hours podcast. I wanted to let you know that I personally really liked the debut of the F-4 at AEF and I have seen a lot of comments and questions by people who saw it there. I think it is good to promote a product at big events like that because there is something about being able to see a plane in person that enhances ones views of it. Big reveals like the F-4 at AEF are all the more exciting as well. It really stirs up interest not just for the plane but the hobby in general. Just wanted to say I appreciate the way it was rolled out.

Did anyone else enjoy the big reveal at AEF?

Comment

• Funny Aros, I was just thinking the same thing!:Cool:
                            If anyone can do it, I'd put my money on Steve;)

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

Who me? If the full size chute is 16' in diameter then at 1:11 scale I am looking at about 17.5". Anybody know? I sure couldn't locate any specifics on the chute. I can sew like a mad man.
                              I would estimate the chute diameter to be 1/4 wingspan (based on the pictures I can find)

Scale thickness of material to make the chute would be impossibly thin and fragile. That means a scale chute will take up far more room to be packed in the space under the fin.

I'd just make up a thin plastic chute with the lines drawn/printed and use about 1 out of 8 shroud lines. Deploy only when you don;t really need it because made to fit in the aircraft (without drastic modification to make the opening) it won't be strong enough to actually be useful to help slow the aircraft to prevent running off the end of the runway.

Note it also wont be useful for spin recovery (and hopefully CG is far enough forward to make the flat spin impossible)
                              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• A post on RCG confirmed full size chute at 16' and 17.5" for this plane. Shouldn't be too difficult to make. I can get started on that while waiting. Scale thickness is probably not achievable but that's fine. A light weight nylon would be strong and not much different than some rocket parachutes I've used in the past.

Update: I will be going with a 1.1oz/sq. yd. ripstop nylon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Czonio View Post
                                  Is the preorder price of $569 for the 8s a lower price than the normal price not yet announced?
                                  Hi Czonio, currently the preorder price is intended as our normal everyday price.
                                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Update: I will be going with a 1.1oz/sq. yd. ripstop nylon.
                                    Steve you are a beast! :Cool:

My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Steve you are a beast! :Cool:
                                      I've been called worse. LOL Fabric ordered.

Comment

• Alpha, congratulations on another great jet release! The Double Ugly is my favorite fighter jet!

Comment

• I have pulled the trigger on the 8S version. Can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                                          X