X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
    About a year ago, TSHobbies was offering a pilot and as a show of support for a fellow Squawker, I bought one and ended up putting him in my Avanti. This bust seems to me to be a likeness of Robin Olds or danged close. I hear a lot of fellows thinking about going the Olds route and take a look at this pilot!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9783.JPG
Views:	870
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	117924
    Now, seems to me that this might be the route to go.

Grossman56
    It is actually a sculpt of Olds.. I did sell off the original sculpt and mold to a caster in Russia,since they werent selling very well, not sure if he has started casting them or not.. dont have his contact info either
    www.TSHobbies.com
    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Originally posted by RickVB View Post

Here's a video with what I think is a really cool afterburner implementation... I'd really like to know where this came from, but even though the guy being interviewed by the announcer says the name of the company, I can't quite understand it (something-lights?). Anyone know?
      Unsure which lighting system was used in this particular model. The kit itself is from airworld, built by Trond Hammerstad, Norway. Most likely uni-light, but could be details-for-scale as well I guess.

If you want to know for sure, just ask Trond or Ali directly - they are both very helpful. You might also possibly find info on Trond's company website, exactaircraft.com

Edit: I see you already did ask and find out - goodies!

Edit 2: http://www.exactaircraft.com/portfol...ack-aces-2015/
      Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Gents,
        Check this out - the best afterburner LED system anywhere for an EDF jet. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...01-05-17/page3
        Maybe MotionRC would invest and go into production of this type of system. Looks like the real thing - the ring type look like toys! Let's cheer MotionRC on to get into stocking these!
        The best!

Comment

• I've been waiting a long time for those to go into production. I have several jets that need them!
          Pat

Comment

• TPS, I completely agree, Air-Jon's unique motor tube mounted afterburner design is an amazing design and I hope people support him with direct orders. I need to talk to him again!
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post

It is actually a sculpt of Olds.. I did sell off the original sculpt and mold to a caster in Russia,since they werent selling very well, not sure if he has started casting them or not.. dont have his contact info either
              SO............What your sayin' is he may be worth something!!LOL
              Opening bids??;)
              Just kidding, he'll grace my Avanti until I get the F-4

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by TPS View Post
                Gents,
                Check this out - the best afterburner LED system anywhere for an EDF jet. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...01-05-17/page3
                Maybe MotionRC would invest and go into production of this type of system. Looks like the real thing - the ring type look like toys! Let's cheer MotionRC on to get into stocking these!
                The best!
                Um...WOW. Sign me up!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Rc geek is going to be selling them soon!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Wayyyyyy cool! Yet another step towards scale EDF jet nirvana!

Comment

• Definitely on my list! In the F-4, the only thing that would be missing is that ground shaking roar!!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• I will definitely be snagging those...And if it's in my ability I definitely would love to do the canopy mod as well. Outside of weathering and the 3D printed goodies, there's not much else I would want to do but fly her!
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	118216
                          F-4 on the rocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post

Name:	
                            F-4 on the rocks!
                            Great pic! Wowwwwwwww :Drooling:

Comment

• Thanks Tommy!

Comment

• Bond on the rocks, I love it!

PikeStaff wanted to see the canopies up, so here's a quick peek at the mod in progress. I'm adjusting the 3DPUP drawing's sidewalls to sit lower than the stock foam.

Name:	IMG_20180216_094429.jpg
Views:	866
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	118234

Name:	IMG_20180216_094752.jpg
Views:	860
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	118235Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180216_003053.jpg
Views:	825
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	118236
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• It appears the canopy mid may require some repaint, any chance We can get some information in the factory paint for matching purposes ?

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post

Name:	
                                    F-4 on the rocks!
                                    The gear is not only grass capable but also rock capable! Awesome! :):Cool:
                                    Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                      Bond on the rocks, I love it!

PikeStaff wanted to see the canopies up, so here's a quick peek at the mod in progress. I'm adjusting the 3DPUP drawing's sidewalls to sit lower than the stock foam.

Name:	IMG_20180216_094429.jpg
Views:	866
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	118234

Name:	IMG_20180216_094752.jpg
Views:	860
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	118235Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180216_003053.jpg
Views:	825
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	118236
                                      Looks so good! I'll for sure be doing opening canopies on mine though not till the end of flying season in the fall. 2 wee servos in there on separate switches, it'll be so cool... another beautiful model worthy of all the time and attention one wants to put into it. Thanks Alpha!
                                      Tom

Comment

• It appears the canopy mod may require some repaint, any chance We can get some information on the factory paint for matching purposes ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                                          Rc geek is going to be selling them soon!
                                          Don’t get too excited just yet. Last I heard, it was only for an 80mm outrunner. Surely he’s been fielding requests for 90s as well as people should just stock pile these things! I’ve been keeping tabs on this project as well and am hoping for an official word very soon. It looks fantastic!

On a separate note, is anyone considering any sort of sound system? It looks like there will be plenty of room for 2 transducers.

Comment

Working...
                                          X