Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hotrod23t View Post
    Is. There another plane conning project foil or did I miss that
    Project Foil is still in the oven, hotrod23t, you didn't miss it. I just like to mete out project names in an order incongruous with the actual release date. Why? Because I'm a workaholic and this is the little bit of fun I get to have :D :D
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Hey - what's with the "3D" control throws I see in the first video, what's up with that?
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Originally posted by seaviper View Post

I figured you guys wrong.

Happy to be here and looking forward to the F4.
        'Happy to have you here, seaviper! Truly! You know by now, my friend, we've always got a lot coming for everyone.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Such Great news to wake up to!
          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Originally posted by MotionJB View Post

its a 3748-1750KV motor.
            Thank you James. Any input on how it flies with the ordnance? The flight video is without.

Comment

So excited . clicking pre order now. BTW any word on grass ops?

Comment

That's a thing of beauty for sure, nice job guys, thanks for continuing to bring out these awesome planes.
                rc flyin addict

Comment

Originally posted by ElCid View Post
                  So excited . clicking pre order now. BTW any word on grass ops?
                  Read the write up on the first post.

Comment

:f4phantom
                    rc flyin addict

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Thank you James. Any input on how it flies with the ordnance? The flight video is without.
                      Jon Barnes and Tony Accurso have them and should be able to get some footage while we wait for Ryan and Mike to get some decent weather! Tony is at the Arizona Electric Festival today so I expect we will get some footage there. But Alpha wouldn't let anyone down, she'll fly fantastic with the ordinance or without.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                        Wolpertinger, the 6s and ARF+ models have already departed the factory, which is why we have opened the pre-order for those two formats. However, the 8s PNP production was not completed before Chinese New Year (which effectively began today). So, we are not pre-ordering the 8s PNP at this time. We prefer to only pre-order product once it has left the factory. We'll start the 8s PNP's pre-order once that production run departs the factory, but that won't be for several weeks, at least. Chinese New Year spans weeks before and after the actual holiday period, due to many, many factors. Fun Fact: The largest migration in human history takes place each year from this region, when ~80%+ of the provinces leave the cities to visit their hometowns out in the countryside. Tens of millions of people!

I personally prefer the 6s, and, like the recent Avanti and A-10, I assume most people will leave it stock after they fly the stock setup. We tailored the ducting of the F-4 specifically to the 6s PNP's power system. The 8s is ballistic, sure, but it lands faster and I wouldn't recommend landing it on excessively rough terrain except with confidence (and a headwind). This jet deserved being offered in all three flavors.

Crxmanpat, the HET1680 will go great. We ran one of the prototypes on HET1500 and HET1680. Watch those amps, depending on which fan you're running on it.
                        Alpha,

Thanks for the info. Already ordered the 6 cell version. Should go well with the Avanti, F86, A10, A4 and DH-112 Venom

Comment

I need to see the F-4 in a formation with the A-4 and the A-6!

Comment

Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                            Hey - what's with the "3D" control throws I see in the first video, what's up with that?
                            I noticed that too. Is it because they are in the middle of the wing and not very long ?

Anyway, well done Motion, it looks a cracking F4.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                              Bajora, stellar photos, as always! I suspect Borntoolate and the Crows Crew may tempt you down there at some point soon?
                              We NEED to all meet up out at Crows like we talked about doing a year or so back. ;)

Comment

Like Motion says this is for Advanced/Experts!

Fair warning for new edf pilots while a camouflage F-4 looks awesome on the ground they are hard to see in the sky when banking! I would recommend a temporary bright color on a wingtip or the vertical stabilizer until you get use to the roll characteristics of this model. Cheers!

Well done Motion!

Comment

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I've been waiting for a good Phantom for so long! Pre-order submitted!

Comment

In my best Higgins voice from Magnum PI ((( OH My God )))

Comment

Originally posted by Porkster View Post

I noticed that too. Is it because they are in the middle of the wing and not very long ?

Anyway, well done Motion, it looks a cracking F4.
                                      In the video it looked like the right flap was going WAY up. So I got a screen-grab here.....

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.JPG Views:	1 Size:	23.5 KB ID:	116805

Just like Porkster said, the ailerons are not out on the wingtips, they're in the middle of the wing and they're kind of stubby. The throw still seems excessive but it is a pretty small aileron.

In this screen shot (from the same video) it looks very normal...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	15.5 KB ID:	116800

Anyway - the model looks fantastic. Someone should post a pic of it sitting next to a Scooter.
                                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Button pushed for ARF Plus. 300189
                                        My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

Originally posted by themudduck View Post

The flaps are in the middle of the wing, but it does have ailerons. In the video the right flap was going up to almost vertical! Very odd..
                                          MD, the Phantoms flaps butt up hard up against the fuselage - where they should be. The ails are in “the middle of the wing”.

And a 1:1 Phantoms flaps drop way, way down; like 70+ degrees from retracted. They’re really huge airbrakes that also add a little lift.

Comment

Working...
                                          X