• Show
Clear All

• Looks awesome! Great flying!

Comment

• Thanks man!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Well, the number 4 ship is completed. Took it to the field with 3 other planes. I was to say the least a little whimpy with the cross wind and not knowing what the plane will do with rudder input. So I just flew my A-10, AvantiS and the Python. Did get it out and taxied around to make sure it tracked straight and it did. Callie ROCKS!!!!!

Comment

• Looks great! I remember when both the T-Birds and Blue Angels we’re flying F4’s. They sure knew how to capture your attention.
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• [QUOTE=Aros.MotionRC;n141496]Great day for a Phantom Summer Sortie or two... :Cool:

Aros,

awesome! How are you mounting your cam?

I have a run cam 2 and was looking for a printed cradle mount that I can attach to a pylon.

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
              Looks great! I remember when both the T-Birds and Blue Angels we’re flying F4’s. They sure knew how to capture your attention.
              My dad was an SP in the Air Force when they flew the F4's. For a kid like me, what better thing to have than a dad who was a cop and could take you to meet the T-Bird pilots. Different time back then. I always loved the F-4. My dad would come by the house before dawn and wake me up to go to the runway and watch them "light the candle" on take off. A sight that I will always remember. This bird, first one I have painted (used to do models back in the day) since flying EDFs is to honor his memory. Hopefully the wind gods will be nice to me this weekend coming up.

Comment

• Doctor,

Don't sweat it. Although I did. LOL Sometimes we put so much extra TLC in these planes with the painting, mods, etc it makes losing one more that much more painful. I'm only an average pilot and this one is a kitty cat to fly. I didn't need one click of trim. Great tribute to your Dad !

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                  Aros, awesome! How are you mounting your cam?
                  Well I have simply been putting it on the left wing tip area with Gorilla Tape. Yep, it takes off the paint but I was going to be eventually re-painting in the Blue Angel livery anyways. Besides, I tell myself it's just a lot of weathering in that area.

LOL

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• [QUOTE=dahawk;n141612]
                    Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                    Great day for a Phantom Summer Sortie or two... :Cool:

Aros,

awesome! How are you mounting your cam?

I have a run cam 2 and was looking for a printed cradle mount that I can attach to a pylon.
                    I developed this 3D-printed aerodynamic box for the RunCam2, the camera slides in with a friction fit and the box mounts on a wing pylon.
                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• [QUOTE=themudduck;n141747]
                      Originally posted by dahawk View Post

I developed this 3D-printed aerodynamic box for the RunCam2, the camera slides in with a friction fit and the box mounts on a wing pylon.
                      Awesome work! Thanks!

Comment

• https://youtu.be/OxbQ5Fm2K4Q This One's for Paul & Steve.....The abrupt rotation was to avoid the grass. We all know what could have happened ! check out the "Carrier Landing" at the end. YES...The chute is functional when deployed PROPERLY !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dlxpkg2000 View Post
                          https://youtu.be/OxbQ5Fm2K4Q This One's for Paul & Steve.....The abrupt rotation was to avoid the grass. We all know what could have happened ! check out the "Carrier Landing" at the end. YES...The chute is functional when deployed PROPERLY !!
                          Excellent! Thanks Jim. I am so glad to see it working for you my friend! Love the Black Bunny.

Comment

• Nice! I've had a couple "Carrier Landings" with her as well...As long as the nose isn't resting on the ground at the end of the roll out then it's a perfect landing! :Cool:
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Still putting the stickers on mine..... :-)
                              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I’m putting felt discs on all my jets. They work great and there’s no weight penalty.

Comment

• Cool! Tell us more about them...
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I'm interested to tell us more about it
                                    Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• Same here. Interested in how they attach and operate. Thanks

Comment

• From the brief view they seem very simple to add to the wheel axle but cannot figure out how they would not also provide drag on take off ? Maybe not as much due to the slow acceleration during take off versus the fast wheel spinup and decel on landing. Looks like standard furniture leg felt pads might work ? Please tell us more!

Comment

• Felt friction pads just apply light drag to the wheels. Not much and has little to no effect on takeoff run. You need a little more throttle before the plane starts rolling. But it can make a significant difference in roll-out.

You can add spring loaded (brake off) wedges that are pulled to increase the pressure the pads apply.
                                          Old school way was to have down elevator pull the line to apply added braking effect. Neutral (and up) elevator = brakes off. (ball point pen springs to push the wedges back down) That let you do it with just a 4 ch radio (back when 5 ch was an advanced radio) and saved the cost of another servo when they were $50 and a gallon of gas was 25 to 50 cents.

We did all kinds of strange stuff that most people wouldn't bother with today...
                                          I came up with a kit from 1946 that includes retracts in the kit, that come up once, then down, actuated by springs and the elevator. Berkeley P-51 "Autotrol" (for Control Line, uses an inertia based autopilot!) ... should convert to RC just fine
                                          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
                                          X