First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking forward to seeing what you find out

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
      Wow! 10S? That Rhino will haul the mail !

I did order the FMS 90 to try. Was actually vascillating between the FW 1680 and the FMS. I like the FMS 80 in my F5 and figured they were on to something with their blade pitch. They claim the 90 generates 3000W @ 112 amps. Like you, I don’t like having to cut foam to get it to fit. A real PITA.

Meanwhile, Andy from rcjetwerx is going to let me try the stock 9b. I want to understand the difference.

Again, I’m not asking for the speed of a Mirage or F-5. Just something faster than an Apprentice or Hobbyzone Cub. Lol

Cheers,

Hawk
      Okay, I did talk to Doug this morning and he does have a stock FW 9 blade system for the F-4 also a FMS 90mm system, and he said he had an extra 8S setup, Jet fan 90 or something like that, I'm not familiar with those. Let me know and I can get you some prices on each one, he don't get over here often and reply but he does read this forum.

Comment

• Back in town from vacation...Great shots as always Jon!

As for power setups, I have to say I was tentative about getting the 6S PNP thinking I would want the 8S instead but right out of the box I love the power of mine. Absolutely love it bone stock.
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
          As for power setups, I have to say I was tentative about getting the 6S PNP thinking I would want the 8S instead but right out of the box I love the power of mine. Absolutely love it bone stock.
          Aros, Thanks for this comment. You have eased my mind and:Whew: injected some reality back into the conversation. I have the 6S still unopened in the UPS Brown Box while I collect/build my upgrades. I was starting to think (1st mistake) I'd made an error (2nd mistake) by purchasing the 6S. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I have flown it both ways and I think they are very comparable. They both fly equally well to me.

Comment

• This may seem a silly question , but if so many upgrades are discussed in regards to Freewing stock setups, why are the coming out of the factory with low end equipment? Not just the F4, almost every plane on the forum people are buying upgrades ( often before they ever fly them)

Comment

• So we can make them our own
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I want a 4 barrel hemi. Lol
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Et Al, oops, I have incorrectly used the word 'upgrade' to describe personalizing the model. So, let me rephrase, "My F-4 sits in its box while I am collecting/building the accessories to create the aircraft I have seen in my mind's eye." ;)Henceforth, I will endeavor to articulate more clearly by adding additions to my vernacular that more accurately describe the thoughts I want to express.:)
                    All My Best, LB
                    Last edited by Elbee; Jul 7, 2018, 04:25 PM. Reason: Added another 'smiley guy'
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Bravo Zulu ! Way to go !
                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• I must add that I am using new Roaring Top 5500 70C packs which I am sure certainly add to the top end performance. Just got back from flying a couple sorties. Such a great jet!
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Et Al, oops, I have incorrectly used the word 'upgrade' to describe personalizing the model. So, let me rephrase, "My F-4 sits in its box while I am collecting/building the accessories to create the aircraft I have seen in my mind's eye." ;)Henceforth, I will endeavor to articulate more clearly by adding additions to my vernacular that more accurately describe the thoughts I want to express.:)
                          All My Best, LB
                          LB. You know your wife wrote that for you...….. LOL:Silly::Cool::Scared:

Comment

• Captain: Got any ideas?
                            F/O: Actually not.

— Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

Fly the plane to the sight of the crash..... Always. And then sometimes, the Lord is gracious and you walk away..... LOVE the quote!!! It is one of those, "well,,,,,what now?" things.

Comment

• One day I was flying and realized that my elevator servo was gone.... It wouldn't go up or down with the right stick.... So, I said WHAT NOW??? And proceeded to land with throttle manipulation. Broke a prop!!! Thought I was gone... Go figure! See post above!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                One day I was flying and realized that my elevator servo was gone.... It wouldn't go up or down with the right stick.... So, I said WHAT NOW??? And proceeded to land with throttle manipulation. Broke a prop!!! Thought I was gone... Go figure! See post above!!! :Cool:
                                I've saved a plane in similar condition (broke the elevator control horn) by use of flaps and throttle.
                                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

LB. You know your wife wrote that for you...….. LOL:Silly::Cool::Scared:
                                  Hardway, Not only did she write it for me, she made memorize it. I just left out the part the reads, "Of course, Dear, henceforth..." Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by bbaumer View Post
                                      This may seem a silly question , but if so many upgrades are discussed in regards to Freewing stock setups, why are the coming out of the factory with low end equipment? Not just the F4, almost every plane on the forum people are buying upgrades ( often before they ever fly them)
                                      The 6S PNP F4 power system is MORE than adequate! It will pull the F4 off the ground in short order, on grass or pavement!
                                      With that being said, I think after you fly it for a while we want a little more power, and speed. I think for me, any 8S setup is to expensive. i already bought 3 6S batteries.
                                      If there is a motor and fan combo that claims 3000k at 112 amps and is 6S, I'm willing to try it. I say again, there's nothing wrong with the stock 6s freewing power system that comes in the F4!!!
                                      Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• The FMS 90 promises to deliver 3000w. We’ll see.

Comment

• Great day for a Phantom Summer Sortie or two... :Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshotf4.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	141497

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X