Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a Dynam GeeBee Y smoke like a F-4. The ESC blew up and burned like crazy!!! Black smoke galore.....:) It looked cool all the way to the ground! HA!!! Not very practical though... :Scared:

Comment

• That's not the smoke you want to see lol

Comment

• Finally finished the details of my F4 with the 3D printed nozzles. Finalizing the sound system and will balance everything out before the maiden. Clearly my wife is impressed with my craftsmanship.....

Comment

• Looks great! Love the weathering. Which reminds me, I need to get movin on mine!

LOL @ your wife's expression...That's precisely the look my wife gives me whenever she walks into the kitchen/dining room and sees my planes on a stand.
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• HA!!!! Love it..... She is just jealous. :Cool: And you are obviously impeding her from doing the dishes.....:Scared:

Comment

• Subtle and very very effective......Great Job! Yes her expression.... priceless!
              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• This is airbrush work yes? or Pastels??
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• My wife is similar. Just rolls eyes. But after I spilled a drop of CA on the wood kitchen table a few years ago, I'm exiled to the garage.

Love the weathering. What did you use?
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                    My wife is similar. Just rolls eyes. But after I spilled a drop of CA on the wood kitchen table a few years ago, I'm exiled to the garage.
                    You too, eh? LOL LOL

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

My wife is similar. Just rolls eyes. But after I spilled a drop of CA on the wood kitchen table a few years ago, I'm exiled to the garage.

Thanks everyone, and yes this was airbrush work. Nothing fancy as I'm still a newb. I just use the Folk Art acrylics with some thinner. I'll use the burnt umber with a brush to try to re-create oil staining, then I just thin out some of the black (I'll add a little white to lighten up the darkness) with some thinner so that I can maintain control with the brush. Definitely had a few whoopsies where I needed to attempt to feather out some darker areas, but really tried to follow the "less is more" idea.

Comment

• Hey guys...I do a lot of airbrushing, there’s a product that Lowe’s sells that’s called flowtrall. You mix with the paint and it not only this, but also makes paint lay much better on surfaces your painting, it’s on the paint department in an orange bottle, hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                          And you are obviously impeding her from doing the dishes.....:Scared:
                          LOLLOLLOLLOL

Comment

• :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jmiz914 View Post
                              Hey guys...I do a lot of airbrushing, there’s a product that Lowe’s sells that’s called flowtrall. You mix with the paint and it not only this, but also makes paint lay much better on surfaces your painting, it’s on the paint department in an orange bottle, hope this helps.
                              Jimiz914, If I have not already done so, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Thank you for the tip. Best, Elbee
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                                Clearly my wife is impressed with my craftsmanship.....
                                purduephigham, Tammes has the same look on her face every time I open a jar of model paint, turn on the new Prusa, or ask what our pin number is. LOLLOL We have great women in our lives when they still let us be little boys with great toys. Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                  We have great women in our lives when they still let us be little boys with great toys.
                                  Amen to that my friend! Boy the things she has put up with me and my hobby through the years. Give that lady a medal.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Been there and experienced the same result.

Mike
                                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Yep....my wife has been good so far even though I have been ousted from the kitchen. Have taken up a post in the dinning room for the moment. All airbrushing is done in the garage. ( I think that's the red-line for her and rightfully so;))

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	9BFE17B7-7DF6-4D11-81BE-EE1563975E36.jpeg
Views:	945
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	138408 Another F4B off the assembly line. Assigned to VF-111. Ready for Westpac cruise.

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Beauty!
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X