Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He should talk to AMA too. Wonder why household contents weren’t covered...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
      Thank you AP1. If Ben accepts our help, we can buy gift cards and email him the #s or do it PM. Let’s see what happens! Bless you bro.
      Hey Harway,.. Does your buddy have a Order of Merit List (OML) on which airplanes he'd need to fill the void here ? Tough, I know, but for me it's the F-4 then F-16 etc. Point is, I may have something in a box here I could part with without any reservations. I'm sure many other Guyz have 'Spares' they may be willing to give up for the cause as well... Ive been gifted a bunch of stuff over the years from some really cool RCGroupies and I have no problem giving a little back when I can. 'I'mJustSayin' Cheers !!

Comment

• I'm Into the TailEnd of F-4 today working on the LB TailHook (Awesomeness) and thought I'd share my Elevator/FFStab Servo Mod since a few Guyz have mentioned their Linkage Upgrades.

I felt it not enough to simply have a Ballistic Control Rod, I needed to ensure my Servo was properly anchored into the Foam with a very low probability of wallowing out that material under load. I cut a Plywood Frame Around the servo anchored with some Bamboo Spikes. About 70 Packs through the Jet and it's RockSolid back there ... Yaaaaaay .

I also have Plywood Bumpers installed on the bottom of the FFStab to keep that Foam intact on those Tips under there !! Cheers !!

Comment

• Shared this with the RCGroupies over on the FW F-15 Thread... This happened the other day with the FW F-4. Even with the utmost precautions and redundant systems and all the careful preflight/postflight actions we perform, ultimately any given flight can go terribly wrong for any number of reasons. We just do our best to bring all the pieces back intact and not on Fire !!!

I'm right there with ya Goon !! Landed with a 'Puffed' Receiver Pack the other day. I generally lose 5% per flight on these 1300mAh 2S Admirals... I was dropping 10%-15% on the first and second flights !! I knew something was amiss in there. With Servos, Gyro, Door Sequencer, GoonieBurner and all running, 5% Ain't too Bad really... But 'Poof...went the Pack'. I chopped the JST connector and lead off of it. I've had LiPo Fires in flight and while they are Magnificent and Glorious to watch , They are generally catastrophic. I dodged that one. Cheers

Comment

• This Phantom is killing me. Looking so damn cool. The VFMA-451 Warlord livery is one of the nicest I have ever seen. Glad I chose this one. I can strongly recommend it.
            The only weak point is the rudder servo on the left side. It is just at the wrong place. Well, I guess I just do future photographs of the right hand side. ;-)

By the way, these are 1/10 decals.

Comment

• A few pages back (pg.153) there was a discussion on the MassBalancer and Servo Relocation Mod for the Vertical on this one.. I'm gonna cut Servo out of there and redo that business making it very Clean and nearly invisible on my next one !! I would suggest you consider that as well. Gorgeous Jet you've got Going on there !!!

Comment

• I posted a long time ago about my experience reinforcing the elevator pushrod. There is always a weakest link and I found that even though I had put in a stronger rod the stock ball link was bending. Since it normally is pushing to give up pitch it was bending, folding over on itself. I suggest you replace yours.

Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
                I'm Into the TailEnd of F-4 today working on the LB TailHook (Awesomeness) and thought I'd share my Elevator/FFStab Servo Mod since a few Guyz have mentioned their Linkage Upgrades.

I felt it not enough to simply have a Ballistic Control Rod, I needed to ensure my Servo was properly anchored into the Foam with a very low probability of wallowing out that material under load. I cut a Plywood Frame Around the servo anchored with some Bamboo Spikes. About 70 Packs through the Jet and it's RockSolid back there ... Yaaaaaay .

I also have Plywood Bumpers installed on the bottom of the FFStab to keep that Foam intact on those Tips under there !! Cheers !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                  I posted a long time ago about my experience reinforcing the elevator pushrod. There is always a weakest link and I found that even though I had put in a stronger rod the stock ball link was bending. Since it normally is pushing to give up pitch it was bending, folding over on itself. I suggest you replace yours.

Mine is now a HysolBonded CarbonFiber Tube over Wire (Rather Indestructible). The central point of my post was the Plywood and Bamboo Reinforcements I had done to Keep the Foam rigid around the Servo when it Torques there in the foam... I could have a LeafSpring out of a 69' Ford Mustang back there for a Pushrod and it'd still have potential for Flutter and Softening up that Servo in the foam unless I Stiffen up that Servo in it's Foam Cradle !! I don't Think a lot of Guyz are doing that second step of Plywood Reinforcement. Stiffening the Rod seems only a Half Measure to me on this Jet due to It's Mass/Potential. Had FreeWing chosen to set that Servo back there in a Nice Hard Mounted tray with a Proper Pushrod in the first place, we most likely wouldn't be discussing this business at all This was noticed and discussed back in the pre-Release days actually !! AllGood really. Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Wobisch View Post
                    This Phantom is killing me. Looking so damn cool. The VFMA-451 Warlord livery is one of the nicest.
                    Wo-B, Sierra Hotel. :Cool::Cool::Cool:Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
                      Mine is now a HysolBonded CarbonFiber Tube over Wire (Rather Indestructible). The central point of my post was the Plywood and Bamboo Reinforcements I had done to Keep the Foam rigid around the Servo when it Torques there in the foam... I could have a LeafSpring out of a 69' Ford Mustang back there and it'd still Flutter unless I Stiffen up that Servo in it's Foam Cradle !!
                      BBR, Copy on the hook not to scale. Not an easy task, though doable given the willingness and time. Like what you're doing with it. Great work. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

BBR, Copy on the hook not to scale. Not an easy task, though doable given the willingness and time. Like what you're doing with it. Great work. Best, LB
                        URock LB ... I've been holding off revealing your work on the hook but I'm going to have to post a 'Teaser' here !!! Awesomeness going down on the TailHook Mod over here. Perfect Fitment and Dimensions. It's gonna be WaaaaayCool when complete. More to follow !! ThanksAgain LB

Comment

• While it’s all good it was discussed before and you have the strongest push rod in the galaxy my point is that I see in the picture you have used the stock black plastic ball link and, on my F-4, the plastic ball link was bending and causing a change in elevator centering. Given more time it would’ve failed.

Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

Mine is now a HysolBonded CarbonFiber Tube over Wire (Rather Indestructible). The central point of my post was the Plywood and Bamboo Reinforcements I had done to Keep the Foam rigid around the Servo when it Torques there in the foam... I could have a LeafSpring out of a 69' Ford Mustang back there for a Pushrod and it'd still have potential for Flutter and Softening up that Servo in the foam unless I Stiffen up that Servo in it's Foam Cradle !! I don't Think a lot of Guyz are doing that second step of Plywood Reinforcement. Stiffening the Rod seems only a Half Measure to me on this Jet due to It's Mass/Potential. Had FreeWing chosen to set that Servo back there in a Nice Hard Mounted tray with a Proper Pushrod in the first place, we most likely wouldn't be discussing this business at all This was noticed and discussed back in the pre-Release days actually !! AllGood really. Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                            While it’s all good it was discussed before and you have the strongest push rod in the galaxy my point is that I see in the picture you have used the stock black plastic ball link and, on my F-4, the plastic ball link was bending and causing a change in elevator centering. Given more time it would’ve failed.
                            Ahhhhhh,. I hear ya. Thanks for that clarification. I looked over that ball link and considered replacement. I've had some Cheap ones Split on me before. This one looked solid enough and once I Fused it to the Rod with Hysol, there was no bending at the threads !! I don't actually know how many flights this one had on it before I got it but I did detect a little Softening around the Servo when I got it. Next one will get the Full FFStab Mod with all the goodies !! I'm kinda excited about it. AllGood, ThankAagain

Hey,.. Last time I landed short and in the grass, that NoseGear Pin snapped !!! And as the Strut Assembly was getting Trampled by the Jet and was Tearing up the Soft Underbelly Foam as it went Aft with those Door Springs trailing like twisted Entrails ... I realized, I cannot find those springs anywhere on the MRC Site !! I managed to get by using only one spring up there for the NoseDoor . Anyone have any Ideas on where to get them ?? Does the E-MODEL kit from RCGeek require them for that Mod ?? Anyone have a couple they can part with ?? Thx

Comment

• This is my upgraded pushrod and beefed up servo mount. Pushrod is a H9 4-40 titanium Pro Link, Dubro 2-56 ball link for 4-40 rods on the stab end and a Dubro 4-40 safety clevis on the servo end. Quite strong and rigid.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by TMoyer View Post
                                This is my upgraded pushrod and beefed up servo mount. Pushrod is a H9 4-40 titanium Pro Link, Dubro 2-56 ball link for 4-40 rods on the stab end and a Dubro 4-40 safety clevis on the servo end. Quite strong and rigid.
                                As it should be!!! :Cool: Good job and Welcome to the Squawk TM!!! ;) Jerry (I did mine almost the same way, but I have ball links on both ends and a Hitec Digital MG servo in there for added measure....

Comment

• Looks 'Solid' there TM. NiceOne

Comment

• Maybe overkill, but no elevator is kind of an emergency.... :Scared::Sick2::)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                      Maybe overkill, but no elevator is kind of an emergency.... :Scared::Sick2::)
                                      Howz your 'BackEnd' looking there Hard ? You got those 3-G Emergency Pullouts Covered with yours ?? Hahahaha Cheers !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

Howz your 'BackEnd' looking there Hard ? You got those 3-G Emergency Pullouts Covered with yours ?? Hahahaha Cheers !!
                                        LOL:Scared::Scared::Whew: Ha!!!! Making me smile... Have a great night Bro!!!

Comment

• Ubetcha .. Backatcha!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X