X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL........... ...................:P
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Found a cool old video on flight characteristics of the F4...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6RcTtGfG3E

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
        Remember that affect comes first alphabetically, and an action (to affect) has to occur before you can have a result (an effect)…. Dang Elbee,,,, See Gordon what we put up with.... LOLLOL;)
        And while we're at it:

You park "A"irplanes in a hang"A"r.

The "A"merican spelling is gr"A"y.

:)

Sean

Comment

• Roger! Hanger is for your shirt. :)

Comment

• Just changed my receivers out of both my camo and Blue Angel F-4 to an AR 636 with stabilization from the 627T. The 627T had in flight battery pack voltage but got tired of hearing my battery was getting low and opted for stabilization instead. Got the first flight of my camo version a couple days ago with the new 636 and man, it flew like it was on rails. The 627 was OK, but it was a little jittery from just about any wind, including from my excessive consuming of beans. Have noticed, even before, she sure likes to drop it's nose when reducing power and it's sometimes tough to keep it at a high alpha when landing. I have the CG at the recommended position, but thinking of moving the battery back just a hair and see how it reacts. Anyone out there have any suggestions on that? I am using plenty of elevator throw, but maybe too much expo on the elevator (40%). I absolutely love this jet (especially considering I'm mostly a warbird prop and Extreme Flight 3D guy). With the 636, she's so smooth, cruises perfectly at 1/2 throttle and when you throttle up it has loads of power to climb like a rocket. Cudo's to FLight Line and MRC.

Hope to get the F4 Blue Angel out next when the winds calm down a bit (like I should complain about flying weather living in Florida and so many of you are chopping ice-lived in Chicago and northern Michigan before so I know what that's like).

Did a short compilation of some video shots (not the entire flight-who wants to watch the entire flight) and uploaded it to you tube: https://youtu.be/Q9kgHyE8hYI
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Dropping nose with Power Reduction// Common on these. Some Guyz mix in Elevator Comp, I chopped off my Nozzles and reattached them giving a neutral Thrust line. I now get Zero pitch change with Throttle Changes. Discussed here and on RCGroups some pages back. GL

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image_35327.jpg
Views:	831
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	180121 I received my tailchute from mr Paul Helms today, and I want to tell you all publicly, that his craftsmanship is truly superb.
                I am over the moon with it, and would recommend this workmanship to you all.

Gordon Fraser.
                U.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gordon View Post
                  I received my tail chute from Mr. Paul Helms today, and I want to tell you all publicly, that his craftsmanship is truly superb. I am over the moon with it and would recommend this workmanship to you all. Gordon Fraser.U.K.
                  Gordon, Kudos to both of you for this addition to your F-4. Bravo Zulu. Looking forward to the un...veil...ing. LOL Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Once again, Big Thanks to Callie and her Graphics Machine, the Dbl Zero can now see where she's goin'. :Cool:
                    Though I'm wondering if she looks a little like 'Letterman' from the front. :Scared:
                    Best, LB
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0054.JPG
Views:	852
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	180276Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0057.JPG
Views:	761
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	180277 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0058.JPG
Views:	756
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	180278 ​​​​​​​
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey LB,.. When do you think you're gonna fly that thing ?? How close are you on yours ? Has it flown yet before you started the detail work ?

Hey 'Wildman' // Hey Evan,.. What Brand/ Color Paint are you Guyz using on your BlueJets ?? I'm gonna have to do a BlueJet now !! Awesomeness there Guyz Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                        Once again, Big Thanks to Callie and her Graphics Machine, the Dbl Zero can now see where she's goin'. :Cool:
                        Though I'm wondering if she looks a little like 'Letterman' from the front. :Scared:
                        Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0054.JPG
Views:	852
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	180276Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0057.JPG
Views:	761
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	180277 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0058.JPG
Views:	756
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	180278 ​​​​​​​
                        Looks good LB. It is just saying "Smile!"

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                          Looks good LB. It is just saying "Smile!"
                          LOL I go for it. B'sides, trips for her to the orthodontist are not in this build budget. Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
                            Hey LB,.. When do you think you're gonna fly that thing?
                            BBR, When she's done, she'll fly. Here in the SC Midwest it's winter, there's snow on the ground, it's a hobby and I be retired. Oh, the pressure :Crying2:. Life is very good and I am truly blessed. Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Y'all, Installing the 3DPUP LE VIRs. One Down & One To Go. Made a nice template for marking the slots/pegs but it was bass-ackwards but worked when held my tongue just right:P Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0061.JPG
Views:	757
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	180335Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0062.JPG
Views:	746
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	180336 ​​​​​​​
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Y'all, Installing the 3DPUP LE VIRs. One Down & One To Go. Made a nice template for marking the slots/pegs but it was bass-ackwards but worked when held my tongue just right:P Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0061.JPG
Views:	757
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	180335Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0062.JPG
Views:	746
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	180336 ​​​​​​​
                                Looks really good LB. Did I miss how you did the intake aft of the VIR?

Comment

Looks really good LB. Did I miss how you did the intake aft of the VIR?
                                  RCJD, Thanks. Aft of the LE VIR? I didn't do anything to the ramps, except to sim the perfs on VIR, but I might do something with the actual intakes in my 2nd Phantom. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

RCJD, Thanks. Aft of the LE VIR? I didn't do anything to the ramps, except to sim the perfs on VIR, but I might do something with the actual intakes in my 2nd Phantom. Best, LB
                                    The ridges...did you print a thin plate and glue it on or something else?

Comment

• Are the ramps variable? :Confused::Cool::Thinking::Not-Talking:
                                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

The ridges...did you print a thin plate and glue it on or something else?
                                        The VIR (Variable Intake Ramp) has a fixed panel including Leading Edge (LE) Forward Panel or 'Fixed Plate' that's the part I replaced today and a movable ramp (boundary layer vent) that is perforated with holes which moves outward closing the intake to "slow" the airflow so that remains at a subsonic speed at supersonic airspeeds. The portion I think you're asking about is a 3DP simulation of the perforated portion of the variable ramp. Could be done with anything, decal, card stock, Sharpie. I chose 3DP just 'cuz I got one and I think it's cool-lookin'. :Cool: I agree that this is one very noticeable part of the design detail that Freewing just simply missed. Best, LB
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I wish I could come by and see it in person!! Would you post a few more pics, maybe one at an odd angle so we can get a better view?
                                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X