Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 90mm F-4 Phantom II Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Aros should know better than to mess with them there poles. LOL That's a loose, loose situation. JK

Woody

Scratch & Dent, not to great of deals. Watch the classifieds here, some times really good deals to be had. But if you want something cheep and durable get yourself a TopRC A-1 Pnp. 75 Bucks at most outlets.

Really love them Phantom's. Ahh yes I will be painting my tail hook. In around 1976 a safety memo went out to the Navy in it's entirety that all tail hooks will be painted black and white. Admittedly I see Many Phantom picts with them not painted. At the time the Navy had a few Tail hook related deaths. Fact is the tail hook is deployed with about 2500 PSI of hydraulic force. So anything or anyone that may have been standing under it when it was deployed on the deck would be, and in fact were killed. The reason for the black and white paint, to provide a visual aid to ensure no one walks under it, ever.

Somehow the Phantoms got around it, probably because the jet exhaust blew right on the tail hook is my guess. But I have seen serviceable phantoms on the ramps with painted tail hooks with my own eyes. Just couldn't find any pictures, I suppose that makes me a big fibber. LOL Actually I could care less, just sayin. W
    WOODY IS LIAR!!! WOODY IS SMOKING WEED!!! LOL:):Scared: Not like you have ever seen one besides a video game..... DUH>>>> :)

Comment

• I certainly hope everyone out there understands sarcastic humor!!!!!! :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

If you can't find anything, I have some stuff to send you Bro!! Let me know!
        Thanks Jerry. You are the man! Bet I will find a good victim at the swap meet next month.

Comment

• Jerry............If they don't they must be one of the crusty and cranky ol' crotchety geezer clan LOL
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I certainly hope everyone out there understands sarcastic humor!!!!!! :Cool::Cool::Cool:
            Hardway, Usually, more fun than "Knock-Knock" jokes. Or not, as in, "Knock-knock"..."Who's there?"..."Woody"..."Woody who?"..."Woody tell you now if it weren't true?"

OR
            LOL "Knock-Knock"..."Who's there?..."Corsair"..."Corsair who"?...."Corsair those that would say if you want it with stripes, paint 'em with stripes."
            LOLLOL:P Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Goodness!!! You guys are the best!!! Made me laugh for sure!!! Thanks.....

Comment

I certainly hope everyone out there understands sarcastic humor!!!!!! :Cool::Cool::Cool:
                But of course! LOL

Woody

Comment

• For those of you that purchased the JHH pilot figures for the F4 3D printed cockpit, did you get the 1/12 scale figure?
                  Thanks, Travis

Comment

• A similar question please. Do I order the 1/12th scale Callie graphics for the Ghost Grey version? Many thanks, Keith

Comment

• Originally posted by TMoyer View Post
                      For those of you that purchased the JHH pilot figures for the F4 3D printed cockpit, did you get the 1/12 scale figure?Thanks, Travis
                      AMA similar question please. Do I order the 1/12th scale Callie graphics for the Ghost Grey version? Many thanks, Keith

Travis and Keith,
                      1/12th Scale for the JHH Pilots. The molds for these have been recently updated and JHH is starting to ship those.
                      1//12th scale for Callie Graphics, but if you have doubts or questions about your graphics, just email Callie directly 'cuz she will always know what to do to help.
                      Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

AMA similar question please. Do I order the 1/12th scale Callie graphics for the Ghost Grey version? Many thanks, Keith

Travis and Keith,
                        1/12th Scale for the JHH Pilots. The molds for these have been recently updated and JHH is starting to ship those.
                        1//12th scale for Callie Graphics, but if you have doubts or questions about your graphics, just email Callie directly 'cuz she will always know what to do to help.
                        Best, LB
                        Thank you. I will get those ordered from JHH today. I ordered my graphics from Callie as well. I had her do a custom scheme in VMFA-513. I just told her it was for the FW F4 and she sized accordingly. I would assume they are the 1/12 scale. She did a very nice job.
                        Travis

Comment

• Transformation process started. The green and brown is history. Applied a light ghost grey primer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wobisch View Post
                            Transformation process started. The green and brown is history. Applied a light ghost grey primer.
                            Wo-B. Yeah, When you know that you're doing a Navy/Marine scheme, you can't get rid of the SEA camo fast enough, it seems. You're lookin' good, Mate. My F-4 is comin' along. I am really enjoying this project. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0024.JPG Views:	1 Size:	138.8 KB ID:	176317
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Travis and Keith,
                              Best, LB
                              I ordered the Decals 1/10 (as I did for the A-10) and I just learned I need to do a new order. My Decals are slightly to big.

Comment

• Originally posted by TMoyer View Post

Thank you. I will get those ordered from JHH today. I ordered my graphics from Callie as well. I had her do a custom scheme in VMFA-513. I just told her it was for the FW F4 and she sized accordingly. I would assume they are the 1/12 scale. She did a very nice job.
                                Travis
                                More Marines! Gotta love it. Post some photos when you get it finished.

Comment

• I ordered 1/11 scale from Callie for my Grey Ghost and was pleased with the fit.

Comment

• Hey Phantom Drivers, Quick 'shameless' plug for Jet Hanger Hobbies (JHH). Just received 'new recruits' for Double Ugly Double Zero. These are from the new molds and the detail is outstanding even in 1/12th scale. Best, LB

ps: I am looking for the old-timey Carl Goldberg 1/16 inch Striping Tape in colors or Equivalent. Can't find it or one like it at MRC, so any assistance here is appreciated. Auto tapes are too thick so and fake fingernail tape is glitter and animals and kah-kah.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0026.JPG Views:	1 Size:	85.0 KB ID:	176589Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0027.JPG Views:	1 Size:	88.7 KB ID:	176590
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• If you just want black, the chart-pak tape from Office Depot or Amazon is awesome. All sizes and I use it for panel lines.... Colored tape, not so much....

Comment

• Drafting tape....

Comment

If you just want black, the chart-pak tape from Office Depot or Amazon is awesome. All sizes and I use it for panel lines.... Colored tape, not so much....
                                          I have bunches of Chart Pak, it's the colors I need. Red, Yellow, Blue, yeah some Black, White. Ya know just for little stuff. Goldberg worked so good for the little stuff and the adhesive was awesome once it set overnight.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X