Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobaroo, no intention of doing all of the work that you propose just to appease the "Scale Police" ! My version is actually built from the Savage F-4 kit. In the air it is an F-4, God knows which Mk.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
      Prior to the minor mishap during my scale flight attempt my F-4J was able to garner the Best Static Score Scale Jet award and eJet Fest International in Lakeland, FL.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190210_080412.jpg Views:	0 Size:	280.2 KB ID:	178488
      Really nice job!!! Congrats Steve!!! ;):Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by bruff View Post
        Here are a couple of pictures of my F-4 at the 2019 Arizona Electric Festival. I was lucky enough to win the Best Scale Jet award. Has Callie graphics and RC Geek's "E" nose.
        Bob
        Awesome bird and welcome to Hobby Squawk!!! Glad you are on board.... Jerry

Comment

[M]y F-4J was able to garner the Best Static Score Scale
          Bravo Zulu, Sir. :Cool:
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Congrats Steve! Well deserved!
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Prior to the minor mishap during my scale flight attempt my F-4J was able to garner the Best Static Score Scale Jet award at eJet Fest International in Lakeland, FL.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190210_080412.jpg Views:	0 Size:	280.2 KB ID:	178488
              Awesome Sauce!
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Well done sir. Sorry I didn't make this meet --- busy, busy to do list ! By the way are those bombs from the F/W A-6 bomb set or 3D printed?

Comment

• Best Static-Score Scale Jet at the event - that certainly is a testament to the painstaking work that you did to detail your Phantom... but its also a nod to Motion RC for the quality of the model. I can remember not too long ago that entering a foam ARF model in a competition was completely unheard of, something to laugh at. It still seems really strange to me (I guess it shows my age) but I guess its really a clear illustration of how good these models are getting! Congratulations!
                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Congrats to both Bob and Steve on their wins!

I personally saw Steve's jet at the eJet Fest and the detail was amazing. Of course, his A-10, Mig 21, L39 and F-22 weren't too far behind.

Great work Gentlemen,

Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by brk6188 View Post
                      Well done sir. Sorry I didn't make this meet --- busy, busy to do list ! By the way are those bombs from the F/W A-6 bomb set or 3D printed?
                      Yes! They are the bombs from the A-6. Good eye!

Comment

• Any of you guys notice the flaps can go up by any chance? Is there a purpose in that? I couldn't get them to go all the way down so I changed the flap rods for shorter ones. Now I can get them almost straight down..of course I have not had a chance to put it in the air yet and am waiting on Callie to get my decals here...so maybe tinkering too much hahaha..I did have chance to dirty up the underside though.

Comment

• Originally posted by prestonowtm View Post
                          Any of you guys notice the flaps can go up by any chance? Is there a purpose in that? I couldn't get them to go all the way down so I changed the flap rods for shorter ones. Now I can get them almost straight down..of course I have not had a chance to put it in the air yet and am waiting on Callie to get my decals here...so maybe tinkering too much hahaha..I did have chance to dirty up the underside though.
                          In your picture, those are the ailerons..... The inboard panels are the flaps... Or am I looking at the wrong thing in the pics? :Confused: Click image for larger version

Name:	image_35629.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	178572

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

In your picture, those are the ailerons..... The inboard panels are the flaps... Or am I looking at the wrong thing in the pics? :Confused: Click image for larger version

Name:	image_35629.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	178572
                            Yeah I know..they were up still from testing and screwing around with it. But I could dial the flaps up to about that position on my RX before I changed the control rods to shorter ones. They would go up a good 20% or so. Damndest thing I ever saw so I was wondering if there was a reason they could do that. I couldn't get the flaps to really drop any further than about 70%. Maybe the servo arms were set in incorrectly and probably could have been fixed by just popping them off now that I think about it. Since they are capable of going up though ...there might be something that can be done with that.

Comment

• Oh, OK!!! LOL I figured something was up in the pics, but you never know, so I had to ask!!! Thanks Bro!! And good luck on the maiden!!! :Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Yeah this full blown EDF thing is new to me except for the ME262 and the Sabre..but they really are more like all my wabirds. I ran out of prop planes I really liked since I like everything 55in wing or better. Then I saw a MIG21 up close instead of a picture and realized it's not the tiny thing I thought these were. I fly at home off my long ass driveway in the country so I rarely see any other planes. Diggin' the crazy detail you can put into these big jets..I am swamped with questions it seems..just nervous about crashing a 500 buck plane because of ignorance.

Comment

• Hey Y'all, Is there a consensus about where to 'plug-in' the "Nerf-Whistles"? Thinkin' on the exhaust side, though figured I'd better check with you all best sound versus surgery requirements. Best, LB
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                    Hey Y'all, Is there a consensus about where to 'plug-in' the "Nerf-Whistles"? Thinkin' on the exhaust side, though figured I'd better check with you all best sound versus surgery requirements. Best, LB
                                    Hey LB,.. Urrl (RCGroupie) is the Undisputed King of the Nerf Whistles in my opinion. I've PM'd him on this. He advises I place a pair of Short Whistles (Give most realistic Turbine Sound) in the exhaust Stream close to the Fan. That location gives the best results for the Whistles (Using that Ducting Volume as a sort of booster) giving good Realistic sound at highest levels ... I'll be doing mine the 'Urll Way' once my new and improved 'GoonieBurner' (Dual Flickering Light Array) arrives !!! Whoot !!! Whoot !!! GL... . Give Urll a shout out ... He's a Cool guy !! Cheers !

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                      Hey Y'all, Is there a consensus about where to 'plug-in' the "Nerf-Whistles"? Thinkin' on the exhaust side, though figured I'd better check with you all best sound versus surgery requirements. Best, LB
                                      LB, I've had some good luck placing the nerf whistles on external parts of the airframe. On my Phantom, I have one on the bottom of the fuselage, and on my A-4's I have them on the bottom of the drop tanks. Makes for a very realistic power off whistle in a dive, or when you pull power coming in for the break, or overhead for you Air Force guys.

Comment

• I’ve installed the 3d whistles in my Me-262. 50% throttle.

I worked with one whistle at a time to achieve the sound I wanted before foam tac. One whistle at regular length and one with a 1/4 inch cut off gives a nice stereo chorus effect.

Click image for larger version  Name:	C750E9EA-B9B8-4728-9C62-3D77232FB780.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	27.9 KB ID:	178730Click image for larger version  Name:	F6B31B2C-9D48-45E9-82F0-8BB2D785A8BC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	32.2 KB ID:	178731

In my A-10 I’ve installed 3 in each fan housing. 25% throttle.

Click image for larger version  Name:	7DD55967-39B6-494B-B874-0D52B0ED8337.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	53.4 KB ID:	178732

Last edited by Helmsman52; Feb 12, 2019, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Prior to the minor mishap during my scale flight attempt my F-4J was able to garner the Best Static Score Scale Jet award at eJet Fest International in Lakeland, FL.

Love it when hard work pays off! Congrats man!

Comment

Working...
                                          X