Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger. I have a bunch of old stuff I can sort thru, but I can't vouch for the viability since 1989.... :Scared:

Comment

• Copy that. Found some 1/16" thru Beeg's suggestion at HH.
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey guys..have a question. I have been flying warbirds for years and have two EDF's so far. The ME262 and a Sabre. I like them both but from what I understand they both fly like the old warbirds . I am looking at the F22 and the Phantom as next planes...which one would be best? I don't want to blow 5 or 600 bucks just to learn a lesson or two. I am not flying off grass but an asphalt driveway that is about 150 - 200ft long.

Comment

• I will add I love the Phantom...the thing looks incredible ..the F22..so so. It's rather bland looking.

Comment

• Originally posted by prestonowtm View Post
            I will add I love the Phantom...the thing looks incredible ..the F22..so so. It's rather bland looking.
            I love the F-4, and there are so many different livery options. Flies great, super easy to remain oriented. Very stable and easy to land. I think you will do fine with 150 feet of asphalt for takeoff. You're going to use up all 150 feet during landing roll out, but if it's a smooth transition to the grass I bet you'll do fine.
            All that, and I gotta say the guys flying the F-22s seem super happy with them. Looks like a great jet. Hard choice, but I think they're both winners.

Comment

• For the Money I would say you get more Airplane with the FW F-4,. More detail was built into it right from the start / Lights/ Great Gear/ Awesome Presence and it flies Great !! GL, .Cheers

Comment

• The F-4 and F-22 are quite different. I put TVs on my 22 and every surface on its own channel to be able to do tailerons, full span ailerons and other programming. I love it. That said if I had a choice of a stock 4 vs 22 on either 6 or 8S I’d get the F-4...

Comment

• Take off and flying are never too big a deal for me..or anyone really. It's the landing. Even with little experience with EDF's you guys think the F4 is still workable? Both EDF's I have really do fly like old school warbirds. The ME 262 lands really hot but I seem to be able to bring it in without issues. How much more trouble is the F4 going to be? Anyone have an ME 262 also that can tell the difference?

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0024.JPG Views:	1 Size:	138.8 KB ID:	176317

Something looks quite familiar in the background, much like the beautiful model you are making! So happy you still have the ol' Sundowner in 1/48th scale!

Comment

• I have both and the ME 262 lands way slower than my 6s F-4, not sure why your bringing your ME 262 in hot but it will crawl in with full flaps and a little throttle of course also a little nose down on approach with a nice flare at the end usually works, now the F4 will come in nice and slow as well but I like to keep the nose up on it, be careful though, the F-4 will suprise you all of a sudden and drop on you, it is sneaky on landings, it lures you into thinking you got it and all of a sudden it needs power to keep it in the air, listen in the video and you can hear me add some power to make sure I clear the fence, but once you find the right speed and flap settings it's easy, just don't fall behind it on the power curve, like all jets, it requires your attention the whole time, the ME 262 is easier to land I think, just keep the nose down a little on your approach and make sure you flare onto the mains a foot or so from the runway, if no flare you will hit the nose gear first and here comes the bouncies. I have a video of how I land the F-4, of course not everyone flies the same so you will get different opinions, this works for me.

Comment

• Nice flight. I suppose I am landing the ME fast still because I don't want to stall it...something about these jets makes me leery. Either way I pulled the trigger on the Phantom. Appreciate the advice guys.

Comment

• F4 will be a lot of fun!!! I have both. The F-22 is great to fly, but I just love the looks of the F4. Good call!!! :Cool:

Comment

• And, I land the 262 about as fast as the F-104 for the same reason. I have done the stall tests up 3 mistakes high, and it slows great, but I just can't bring it down to high-wing speeds at landing.... With that said, it is still in one piece with no scratches!!! LOL And one of the first gen from when they came out!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by prestonowtm View Post
                              Nice flight. I suppose I am landing the ME fast still because I don't want to stall it...something about these jets makes me leery. Either way I pulled the trigger on the Phantom. Appreciate the advice guys.
                              That works too, landing the Me262 fast is a good way to stay out of trouble, it will land safely at a lower speed but the trick is not to flare to early and cause the nose to go up, that is why I said to keep it in a nose down approach then flare a foot or so off the runway onto the mains as your pulling power back, very little roll out after that.

Great choice on the F-4, flies great to and looks way better than the F-22 in my opinion....;)

Comment

• [QUOTE=LDreier;n176701Something looks quite familiar in the background, much like the beautiful model you are making! So happy you still have the ol' Sundowner in 1/48th scale![/QUOTE]

Thanks again LD. :) I've been enjoying her for years and she might be old, but she is full of great memories, huh. I suppose my version of the Freewing is a bit of a tribute. :Smoking:Best always, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Just finished my Motion F4... but re-painted it in Blue Angel colors (Skip Umsted #1). Was fun to do, and Callie Graphics provided the extra help. Looking forward to spring!

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyF3A View Post
                                    Just finished my Motion F4... but re-painted it in Blue Angel colors (Skip Umsted #1). Was fun to do, and Callie Graphics provided the extra help. Looking forward to spring!
                                    Very nice Tony!!! Great job..... Welcome to the Squawk!

Comment

Just finished my Motion F4... but re-painted it in Blue Angel colors (Skip Umsted #1). Was fun to do, and Callie Graphics provided the extra help. Looking forward to spring!
                                      Tony, Everything Hardway wrote and a Bravo Zulu from me. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I agree with HW and LB! Very cool.

Comment

• Welcome Tony, the BA F-4 is beautiful! Nice job on it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X