Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I spent some thoughts on the styling and came across the rivet thing once more. I didn't want to treat my F-4 so bad as I did my A-10 and thought about other possibilities. I finally decided to try the Waterslide method. When I've finished I will cover everything with a matte poly coating.

Comment

• Outstanding !! I will ask why Matte finish !! Why not Gloss as per the FSA ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
        Outstanding !! I will ask why Matte finish !! Why not Gloss as per the FSA ??
        Good point. You are right!

Comment

• I like my upgrade nozzle, but I think I saw some other type, more scale to what I need. Are there any other 3D Files available?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wobisch View Post

Good point. You are right!
            My best 'Look' is achieved with a GlossCoat all around and then I use Ultrafine #000 SteelWool on the TopSurfaces (Where the paint would be Baking in the Sun) to Dull it a bit !! Then Weather it with CarbonFiber/ Charcoal dust on heavy use areas and BAM !!! Looks Fantastic, lightly Dull on top and Glossy sides add a measure of Authenticity !!! GL on your Jet ... Looking Awesome !! And don't forget to Dirty up that Belly a bit !!! They were not Pristine White under there !!! Hahahaha .Cheers

Comment

• Thank you. Will do. Maybe you saw my A-10. Looking very, very used. That's probably too much washing for this Warlord livery.
              Andy

Comment

• Originally posted by Wobisch View Post
                I like my upgrade nozzle, but I think I saw some other type, more scale to what I need. Are there any other 3D Files available?
                Wo-B, There are 2 types (actually more) for lack of a better way to say it quickly. The set you have are more like the USAF Phantom. The other version is segmented into 16 pairs of nozzle segments with the inner segments more visible on opening. I'm thinkin' the pics will tell ya all ya need for your F-4. There is an stl file from MotionRC for both and RC Geek sells both versions from his website. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	F-4 J Nozzle.jpg
Views:	810
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	178257Click image for larger version

Name:	F-4J Nozzle 2.jpg
Views:	825
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	178258
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks LB, Yes that's exactly what I need.

Comment

• 3776 and 3778

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
                      3776 and 3778
                      If I weren't so enamored with the VF-111 CAG livery, I would have certainly consider this livery. It is beeee ute EEEE full. Great shots, BBR (are you doing this livery as well?) #3775 was CAG's A/C and Bravo Zulu to you Wo-B. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

If I weren't so enamored with the VF-111 CAG livery, I would have certainly consider this livery. It is beeee ute EEEE full. Great shots, BBR (are you doing this livery as well?) #3775 was CAG's A/C and Bravo Zulu to you Wo-B. Best, LB
                        Nopey,.. Here's my F-4 Queue !!! For starters that is .. Hahahaha

Comment

• ...and These !! Hahahaha

Comment

• Am I the only one to do this version ?

Comment

• Originally posted by brk6188 View Post
                              Am I the only one to do this version ?
                              BK, It's hard to keep up here i know, but one our Brit brethren had tossed around the idea of doing the International Speed Record RAF F-4. Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by brk6188 View Post
                                Am I the only one to do this version ?
                                That's gonna be a tough one to pass by the ScalePolice if you simply paint a D-Model into a K/M-Model !! Reshaping and putting that 'Bulge' back there in the Engine Bays and under the Belly is gonna be tough !! I thought about doing one, but decided it would be too much FoamWork for me. If it is to be done Properly and you pull it off !! You'll be my Hero !! Cheers

Comment

• Here are a couple of pictures of my F-4 at the 2019 Arizona Electric Festival. I was lucky enough to win the Best Scale Jet award. Has Callie graphics and RC Geek's "E" nose.
                                  Bob

Comment

• Nicely done Bob,.. Good looking Jet you've got there.

Comment

• I was thinking about doing the Alcock and Brown RAF Phantom, but walked away from that after looking at the airframe mods.

I received my centre burner, centreline tank and for sparrow missiles from RC Geek today, and the work is very nice indeed. My tailchute is in the post, and hopefully, I will get a update on the tailchute release kit from jet dude.
                                      I am like a child with a new toy, and am really excited about this model, and all the add ons etc...

Thank you everyone, for sharing all your great mods and ideas with the rest of us on this forum.

Gordon Fraser.
                                      U.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gordon View Post
                                        I was thinking about doing the Alcock and Brown RAF Phantom, but walked away from that after looking at the airframe mods.I received my centre burner, centreline tank and for sparrow missiles from RC Geek today, and the work is very nice indeed. My tailchute is in the post, and hopefully, I will get a update on the tailchute release kit from jet dude. I am like a child with a new toy, and am really excited about this model, and all the add ons etc...Thank you everyone, for sharing all your great mods and ideas with the rest of us on this forum.Gordon Fraser.U.K.
                                        Gordon. I hope you build a 2nd F-4 in that livery. It is beautiful. Best, LB
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Prior to the minor mishap during my scale flight attempt my F-4J was able to garner the Best Static Score Scale Jet award at eJet Fest International in Lakeland, FL.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190210_080412.jpg Views:	0 Size:	280.2 KB ID:	178488

Comment

Working...
                                          X