Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Pat! What about those Mig-Ammo colors Alpha mentioned (see: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...839#post126839)...

Curious if those are a perfect match as well...

This pack of 4 references includes the colors used by USAF aircraft on Vietnam era (60's and 70's).
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
      Thanks Pat! What about those Mig-Ammo colors Alpha mentioned (see: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...839#post126839)...

http://www.migjimenez.com/en/aircraf...etnam-era.html
      Look at post #1164

Comment

Thanks Pat! What about those Mig-Ammo colors Alpha mentioned (see: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...839#post126839)...

http://www.migjimenez.com/en/aircraf...etnam-era.html
        If anything the mig colors will be the real colors vs the fw colors. Mig normally uses real samples. The mig line is made by Vallejo I'm pretty sure.
        AMA 1102566

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Look at post #1164
          I did...Not sure if that is the correct post number you meant?
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I did...Not sure if that is the correct post number you meant?
            I think so, I used the referenced MiG Ammo TAC colors set to airbrush the servos and the main gear mounting plate plus the tail area. Perfect match.

Comment

If a chute did deploy mid-flight I wonder if it wouldn't necessary be a catastrophe assuming you would have to increase power and land as quickly as possible at a higher throttle quadrant then normal. Yes? No? Who wants to be the test pilot?

LOL
              Yeah, might not be an immediate disaster I guess, but definitely falls into the category of places I certainly wouldn't want to be :D
              Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Have been waiting to post as the jet is still definitely a work in progress. So far 20+hrs into “riveting” with a mechanical pencil and follow up with a dot of thinned acrylic black, swept back with a papertowel for the desired streak affect for a true Vietnam Warhorse. Have added the MrRC Sound with dual speakers, The RC Geek afterburner which looks AMAZING, and getting ready to order a custom set of full markings and stencil decals from Callie Graphics. Centerline tank mod is from the Freewing A-4. Other custom mods are in the works to be revealed later.

Freewing and Motion have an amazing product here and can’t wait to get started on my second F-4. A huge congratulations and thank you to the team there.

Have had a ton of fun flying it with over 50 flights on it now with CNHL 5000-6000mah 70C batteries giving just over 3 minutes in the air with balanced flying.

Here’s some of the pics and check out the videos I put together on Jeremy’s YouTube page. We’ve had a blast
                flying formation with these birds.

Fun Day jamming and flying the F-4 Phantoms by Freewing flown by Justin Lamb and Jeremy Solt— at Modelport Salt Lake. Video created by Justin Lamb. HL jet...

Jamming and flying the fantastic new F-4 Phantom by Freewing and Motion RC. They knocked it out of the park with this one. Stock except for centerline tank...

Freewing F-4 phantoms sorty with touch and goes. Film and editing Credits to Justin Lamb and Jeremy Solt

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
                  Have been waiting to post as the jet is still definitely a work in progress. So far 20+hrs into “riveting” with a mechanical pencil and follow up with a dot of thinned acrylic black, swept back with a papertowel for the desired streak affect for a true Vietnam Warhorse. Have added the MrRC Sound with dual speakers, The RC Geek afterburner which looks AMAZING, and getting ready to order a custom set of full markings and stencil decals from Callie Graphics. Centerline tank mod is from the Freewing A-4. Other custom mods are in the works to be revealed later.

Freewing and Motion have an amazing product here and can’t wait to get started on my second F-4. A huge congratulations and thank you to the team there.

Have had a ton of fun flying it with over 50 flights on it now with CNHL 5000-6000mah 70C batteries giving just over 3 minutes in the air with balanced flying.

Here’s some of the pics and check out the videos I put together on Jeremy’s YouTube page. We’ve had a blast

Fun Day jamming and flying the F-4 Phantoms by Freewing flown by Justin Lamb and Jeremy Solt— at Modelport Salt Lake. Video created by Justin Lamb. HL jet...

Jamming and flying the fantastic new F-4 Phantom by Freewing and Motion RC. They knocked it out of the park with this one. Stock except for centerline tank...

Freewing F-4 phantoms sorty with touch and goes. Film and editing Credits to Justin Lamb and Jeremy Solt

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

WOW! Looks fantastic! And the RC Geek afterburner is INSANE!! :Drooling: Definitely going to grab one of those! Great shots...LOVE the one with the Phantom fly by with the other two jets on the ground. Excellent work on the formation flying. I know it's most definitely much harder to pull off than it looks. As me how I know, lol. Bravo Zulu!
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• A few more pics hunting the A-4...

Comment

• beautiful, the backdrop doesn't hurt, where do you fly?

Comment

• Originally posted by bbaumer View Post
                        beautiful, the backdrop doesn't hurt, where do you fly?
                        Salt Lake City Utah, between the Oquirrh and Wasatch mountain ranges

Comment

• I am SO forcing my flying buddy to get one so we can fly formation!
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by PikeStaff View Post

Ask our co-conspirator Bobaroo about unintended/accidental deployments:

Banana Hobby F-4 with drogue chute mod. I flipped the gear switch as I do daily with my ME-109 on go around except, of course, this was slaved to the chute r...

Granted, it was on a 70mm Phantom....but it’s likely the 90mm wouldn’t act much different, slots or no.

I seen this before... one hole in the chute and no shock cable will make it heart stopping alright lol.
                            Yeah I'm making a four slot chute with a shock line for Bobaroo as soon as I'm done drywall finishing next week.
                            Hell I'd even test in during flight if the weather ever breaks lol. Snow snow snow

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
                              Have been waiting to post as the jet is still definitely a work in progress. So far 20+hrs into “riveting” with a mechanical pencil and follow up with a dot of thinned acrylic black, swept back with a papertowel for the desired streak affect for a true Vietnam Warhorse. Have added the MrRC Sound with dual speakers, The RC Geek afterburner which looks AMAZING, and getting ready to order a custom set of full markings and stencil decals from Callie Graphics. Centerline tank mod is from the Freewing A-4. Other custom mods are in the works to be revealed later.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Pics and vids are amazing! Afterburners are awesome as well, chutes next? lol

Comment

• Really enjoyed the photos and the video, thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Very cool. Great stuff mate, really enjoyed the vids

Comment

• Hey guys, have order my Freewing F-4 from Motion RC, I am the 2nd batch, So I am looking at some decals for it. Can anyone tell me what scale is the F-4????

Comment

• 1/11
                                      Welcome to the Squawk brother!

Comment

• Maybe I missed it in this huge thread, I've been trying to follow everything but can someone tell me why there is no preorder button on the 8S?
                                        Current Fleet: Flightline Tigercat, Flightline Bearcat, Eflite Corsair, ESM Skyraider, Pilot RC Yak-54 30%:corsair

Comment

• I would say it's because all the ones that are shipped/are to be shipped are already sold. MRC says they don't like to light up the "pre-order" button unless the birds are about to be on the water.

Comment

Working...
                                          X