Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 609: Maiden-ed the F-4 this morning, beautiful morning with 10 mph wind straight down the runway. I used takeoff flaps and she pulled up very scale like and climbed out nice and smooth banked to the left and leveled out with wind showing no effect in the turn. I made 3 circuits around the field at half throttle with zero trim needed, she felt so solid I did one high speed low pass over the deck then went around for landing. I have the flaps set on 3 seconds and used full flaps deploying as I made the turn on final, lined up way out and let her sink with throttle, she was locked in to a perfect glide slope and touched down on the mains right in front of me then rolled out smooth as silk.

This is going to be the new "Go to" jet for me:Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180323_153509756_iOS.jpg
Views:	877
Size:	364.6 KB
ID:	124655

Name:	20180323_153858594_iOS.jpg
Views:	874
Size:	318.7 KB
ID:	124654

Back safe on the table (where she won't be spending much time).

Name:	20180323_154114359_iOS.jpg
Views:	917
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	124653
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Tired iron,

how did the suggested control throws work out? Did you use low rates for your flight? Will fly mine tomorrow if weather permits.
      Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• Nice job TI, sounds like the perfect maiden!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Congrats George!
          Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Callie Graphics View Post
            Got a few more sets added for you guys that want to customize this beautiful bird!

Below are our current offerings for this plane.Not sure what scale your model is?  Check out our Scale Help page to find out.  If your scale isn't listed, no worries!  We are always happy to make up a smaller/larger scale or an in-between size.  Contact Us for a price.

Name:	f-4 israeli teeth.jpg
Views:	1079
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	124637Click image for larger version

Name:	F-4 PHANTOM RUDE RAMS.jpg
Views:	1081
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	124638Click image for larger version

Name:	f-4 phantom magnolia militia.jpg
Views:	1087
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	124639Click image for larger version

Name:	f-4 phantom vmfa-531.jpg
Views:	1096
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	124640Click image for larger version

Name:	f-4 82 atrs.jpg
Views:	1077
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	124641
            I can't wait to get my magnolia militia stickers! The F4 Phantom flew here in Meridian from 1979 to 1989 aerial reconnaissance
            Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• Mine came in perfect condition without any previously mentioned faults I'm waiting on the Col. Olds SCAT graphics from Callie. MotionRC and Freewing have upped the bar again with the quality and finish of this plane. The only thing missing are metal housing for the landing gear servos - maybe, next time. It was worth the wait for this plane!
              I will fly it stock for the first couple of times and then install my 90mm, 9B, HET powered EDF - nice whoosh sound and lots of power.
              We are very lucky to have MotionRC in this hobby!
              As soon as the gray versions come out, I will buy two more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Torkrollin View Post

I can't wait to get my magnolia militia stickers! The F4 Phantom flew here in Meridian from 1979 to 1989 aerial reconnaissance
                You gonna leave it camo or do the gray scheme?
                Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by john2kx View Post
                  Tired iron,

how did the suggested control throws work out? Did you use low rates for your flight? Will fly mine tomorrow if weather permits.
                  Everything per the manual (CG, flaps and elevator neutral) except I dialed the aileron and and elevator rates down some. I didn't set any travel on them and have the low rates set as follows, ailerons at 60% / 40% expo and elevator 50% / 50% expo, high rates are ailerons at 100% / 30% expo and elevator 70% / 30% expo. I also set the flaps to 3 seconds. I used a CHL 6S 5000mAh battery as far forward as the cockpit will allow. The new Admiral 6S 5000 mAh batteries will need a little weight in the nose if you don't cut out the cockpit some. Since I mostly use the new Admiral 6S 5000 batteries I think I will order an extra nose cone so I can add weight to it and just swap it out for which ever batteries I'm using.
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I know these are 1/13 scale (from the F-14 armament package) and this F-4 is 1/11 scale, but once I paint them white I think they'll look pretty good.
                    Pat

Comment

• I was looking at it again, and already found a small issue. The tail cone did not seem to want to seat fully. So I took my balsa saw and just trimmed off a little bit of the mounting tab. It now fits snugly.
                      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post

You gonna leave it camo or do the gray scheme?
                        Going gray, already the paint picked out.
                        Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                          ...The new Admiral 6S 5000 mAh batteries will need a little weight in the nose if you don't cut out the cockpit some. Since I mostly use the new Admiral 6S 5000 batteries I think I will order an extra nose cone so I can add weight to it and just swap it out for which ever batteries I'm using.
                          This bodes well for the balance with my heavy Graphenes...

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                            I was looking at it again, and already found a small issue. The tail cone did not seem to want to seat fully. So I took my balsa saw and just trimmed off a little bit of the mounting tab. It now fits snugly.
                            I sure wish I'd noticed that before I put glue on mine... :Angry:

Comment

• Originally posted by RickVB View Post

This is one of the reasons I dry fit everything that gets glued together PRIOR to adding glue. ;)
                              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by RickVB View Post

I think we've all been there. :Silly: :Confused: :Scared:
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                  This is one of the reasons I dry fit everything that gets glued together PRIOR to adding glue. ;)
                                  I did, but I didn't think it looked that bad until I glued it and it kept slowly opening up.

Name:	WP_20180323_001 (002).jpg
Views:	700
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	124780

Comment

• Grats George. Nice pics

Comment

• First order of business.. I need the longer nozzles for my 'J' model VF-84 Jolly Roger so I tried my hand at designing a simple nozzle, printed it and then added 0.010" thick sheet styrene to add the detail. I did have to trim about 5/8" off of the foam nozzle but the hole in my printed part is the same size so it shouldn't alter the size of the exhaust.

Name:	IMG_20180323_195007.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	124777Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180323_195025.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	124778

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                        First order of business.. I need the longer nozzles for my 'J' model VF-84 Jolly Roger so I tried my hand at designing a simple nozzle, printed it and then added 0.010" thick sheet styrene to add the detail. I did have to trim about 5/8" off of the foam nozzle but the hole in my printed part is the same size so it shouldn't alter the size of the exhaust.
                                        You just got that printer and you're designing and printing stuff of that caliber already. :Cool:
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Outstanding Steve great job...Don

Comment

Working...
                                          X