X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drill Sergeant View Post
    That's why I'm drinking milk, so I can grow up and be like you !!!
    Man, no kidding! Talk about hangar envy! :Drooling:

My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
      Here's a few details for the extreme scale nuts among us. F-4 is at the Yankee Air Museum in Ypsilanti, MI.
      I went to A&P School in that building. :)

Comment

• You have more jets than the US Air force. I love it. I am holding off on the F4 until I can find a reason to buy another plane, that is if I want to stay married :). Happy flying to you.

Comment

• I had to stop collecting exponentially for lack of hangar space and Happy Wife Happy Life was in serious jeopardy LOL

So now I keep my hangar pretty small and refined. When I see a new model I HAVE TO HAVE (like this F4) I end up selling another. Buy one, sell one, buy one, sell one. I think I am going to move the family next to TI's place and live vicariously through him.
          :)
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
            I had to stop collecting exponentially for lack of hangar space and Happy Wife Happy Life was in serious jeopardy LOL

Whenever a plane comes in, my wife buys a purse. So in order to keep the damage from my wallet, I now have them delivered to my office. Makes it easier. Happy Wife and Happy Wallet!!!!! Luckily she rarely goes into the garage/hangar and they all look the same to her LOL

Comment

• Drill Sargent, How will you access fan and motor assembly now?

Comment

• Mine with one of the Callie decal sets.

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post

Can anyone confirm this for Chris? I'm pretty certain he's correct, but anything to expedite the 90mm centerburner would be great!
                  Actually, Ryan confirmed this on RCGroups. Soooo, the FW 90mm centerburner should be available starting Friday I hope. I'm waiting on assembled boards to arrive.

Chris
                  http://thercgeek.com
                  http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

• Originally posted by The RC Geek View Post

Actually, Ryan confirmed this on RCGroups. Soooo, the FW 90mm centerburner should be available starting Friday I hope. I'm waiting on assembled boards to arrive.

Chris
                    Chris, did you get Jon's note?
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• The build video on Motion’s website said the decals are a mix of water slide and peel and stick. Mine seem to be all the water slide type. Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                        I had to stop collecting exponentially for lack of hangar space and Happy Wife Happy Life was in serious jeopardy LOL

So now I keep my hangar pretty small and refined. When I see a new model I HAVE TO HAVE (like this F4) I end up selling another. Buy one, sell one, buy one, sell one. I think I am going to move the family next to TI's place and live vicariously through him.
                        I'm in the same boat. PROMISED myself that this year, I can't buy another plane unless I sell one. Whilst I've got nothing on TI's hangar, I'm still out of room lol. Plus, lots of my models don't get flown as often as they should, which to me, seems a waste. I've gotta have this f4 though... anyone want to buy some 3d planes...? ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Swarick View Post
                          The build video on Motion’s website said the decals are a mix of water slide and peel and stick. Mine seem to be all the water slide type. Am I doing something wrong?
                          I asked about that earlier and I don't think anyone responded. Mine were all waterslide.

Comment

• Mine showed up with some damage to the outside packing. The plane was not damaged. MRC did a great job on packaging.
                            My esc was mounted correctly and not flopping around as others received. After admiring the F4, I put it back in the box until another project is completed (kitchen remodel).

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

I asked about that earlier and I don't think anyone responded. Mine were all waterslide.
                              That is normal for all freewing jets, i have only used them on my unmodified jets.

Comment

• I've got some F-4 problems and questions.

I've been reading reports that more than a few people have had loose ESC's and partially disconnected ESC wires from the EDF unit. I pulled mine apart tonight to check it out and I have three problems.

First off I noticed that the EDF unit was loose, it only took a tiny amount of wiggling before I realized that I could pull it out without taking any screws out. The plywood blocks had minimal glue, I assume the should be glued to the foam. When I glue them in what would you use? Epoxy, Foam-Tac, something else?

My ESC wires were only partially connected, I really don't think I did this when I pulled the EDF free, I was being really careful but it is possible that I pulled them loose. When I reconnect them to the EDF I'm going to wrap them with electrical tape to make sure they don't work loose.

Lastly the ESC was not under the cross piece of wood, should it be? I'll assume it should be otherwise there is nothing holding it from moving.

I consider the EDF not being glued pretty significant, I'm glad I check this out,

If you click on my pictures a high res version will open up.

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by the snake View Post

That is normal for all freewing jets, i have only used them on my unmodified jets.
                                  Not all of them, the A-10 had three different types in the box.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                    I've got some F-4 problems and questions.

I've been reading reports that more than a few people have had loose ESC's and partially disconnected ESC wires from the EDF unit. I pulled mine apart tonight to check it out and I have three problems.

First off I noticed that the EDF unit was loose, it only took a tiny amount of wiggling before I realized that I could pull it out without taking any screws out. The plywood blocks had minimal glue, I assume the should be glued to the foam. When I glue them in what would you use? Epoxy, Foam-Tac, something else?

My ESC wires were only partially connected, I really don't think I did this when I pulled the EDF free, I was being really careful but it is possible that I pulled them loose. When I reconnect them to the EDF I'm going to wrap them with electrical tape to make sure they don't work loose.

Lastly the ESC was not under the cross piece of wood, should it be? I'll assume it should be otherwise there is nothing holding it from moving.

I consider the EDF not being glued pretty significant, I'm glad I check this out,

If you click on my pictures a high res version will open up.

Dave
                                    I had the loose ESC on mine as well. I think that this was the result of being bangged around during shipping. The wooden cross piece doesn't seem to be holding the ESC in place as well as it should. I also had a loose EDF mount. While not ideal, I doubt that it would lead to problems. When the bottom foam is in place, the front ring of the EDF unit is completely captured with no chance of significant movement. I reglued the mount with foamtac type glue.
                                    I'm not trying to excuse the factory for inadequate gluing, just saying that it was probably exacerbated by the not so gentle handling of the shipping company.

Comment

• Got mine today, fit and finish is very nice, my ESC was not clamped between the wooden cross piece either and two of my motor wires were almost unplugged, all fixed and ready for maiden flight. I didn't bother with decals yet, I usually wait until after the maiden, just in case it don't go so well....:Crying::)

Comment

• Elevator neutral:

It is not clear to me where elevator should be set at neutral position. Anyone out there that has flown their F4 know distance from seam line in attached photo?

John
                                        Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• Originally posted by john2kx View Post
                                          Elevator neutral:

It is not clear to me where elevator should be set at neutral position. Anyone out there that has flown their F4 know distance from seam line in attached photo?

John
                                          4 min to 5:40 in the build video shows 8mm from the leading edge of the stab and the seam line.

Comment

Working...
                                          X