X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

As far as I can tell, its gone. No sign of the box, talked to neighbors, checked dumpsters around the apartment, checked in front of similarly named apartments, and no joy. Between this, and my experiences with the old LX, I'm beginning to think I just have nasty luck with F-4s. Motion says the investigation should be done in 8 days or so, so we'll see if anything is found.
    Kinda puts a damper on the day for the rest of us... :(

Any chance there's security camera recordings in the area you can get at?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
      :Cool:Delivery Day here in Texas! The F-4 is on the brown truck. So is a PBY for the lake this summer. Thank you MRC!
      Green with Envy ! As much as I lobbied for the F4, it's the first MRC release I haven't pre-ordered in while. Been busy prepping the B-24, etc and holding out hope for a J version ( Navy) I'm sure I'll be waiting for the cows to come home before I see one. Hate to repaint the USAF SEA Camo. So maybe I'll just have to succumb an get in on batch #3. I'll want an ARF + so I can install a 12B setup.

Hawk
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Once again - under-promise and over-deliver! Scheduled for delivery tomorrow and it’s here now.

Guess just being a month early wasn’t good enough for the Motion Over-Achievement Team!

Thanks again!

Comment

• Originally posted by RickVB View Post

Kinda puts a damper on the day for the rest of us... :(

Any chance there's security camera recordings in the area you can get at?
          Nope no camera, only at the front office. My hope is that it was delivered to the wrong address and might still be here.

Comment

• ofcourse UPS takes no responsibility for the problem

Comment

• Waiting on me when I got home from work...
              Very happy with the looks and quality I am seeing so far...
              The outer box was a little beat up and even taped up on the bottom. I was a little concerned, but the inner box and packaging was not damaged. The plane is perfect. The paint is flawless on this one. Really happy with what I am seeing so far.
              A little weathering and clear coat and an early Ohio spring and game on...
              Can't wait to show this one off...
              MRC, Great Job!!! Please keep it up....

Comment

• And let the flight videos begin!! Thanks for sharing

Comment

• I second that. Waiting for flight videos!!
                  Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• Got the phantom today and built it tonight with some minor custom painting. Graphics, decals and pics tomorrow night.

​​​​​​Based on weather forecast, I'm hoping for a maiden on Thursday.

Comment

• So, just what is the legal remedy to to the missing package. The customer spends his money up front. The seller ships the item. The carrier delivers the item. The seller can easily prove he has sent the item via a tracking number provided by the carrier. The carrier claims the package was delivered to the buyer but I'm not quite sure as how the carrier can prove that. Does the carrier take a picture of the package sitting in front of the buyers door? Just how does a carrier whether it be USPS, UPS, or FEDEX prove they delivered a package to the correct address? If the carrier can prove the package was delivered to the correct address, then is the buyer simply SOL since both the seller and carrier did their jobs.
                      It seems to me that the only way to confirm delivery is for the buyer being required to sign for the package when it is delivered. If it is a big money item to the buyer, the buyer should make signing for the package a mandatory requirement of the carrier.
                      I lost a small package that I'm sure was taken from my mail box during the Christmas season. It was less than $40.00 but not a disastrous loss to me. But a $500.00 loss is another thing altogether.
                      Here's another thing I've noticed. When I do receive a package from any of the mentioned carriers, they ring my door bell and rush off. By the time I can get to the door the guy has already retreated to his truck and is driving away. It gives me the impression they don't want to be confronted by the buyer in case the package looks damaged. Of course they will say they are busy and can't waste time and maybe that is true. I just don't know.
                      Anyway, just who is responsible when something like this happens?
                      GMB

Comment

• Got to meet up with some Squawkers tonight to share a few bevs and MRC stories. In the pic are left to right, CRXMANPAT “Pat”, F-106DeltaDart “Mike”, Dahawk “Dave” and myself, Sky Wolf/Flying Ant.

Pat came into into town for business and we thought we’d show him a warm Texas Yeeeeee-Hawwwww welcome. Talked about planes the entire time! A lot about th A-10, which is why this is in this thread.

Learned a few facts tonight:

1) No, Mike’s F-4 Phantom hasn’t shown up yet.

2) Pat calls himself CRXMANPAT because his favorite car is the Honda CRX. I always wondered what the CRX stood for.

3) Pat went to Florida University, and Dave was a Gator. They could each one-up the other on jokes about the other’s school. It was quite entertaining!

4) If MRC was never born there are a lot of relationships, stories, and planes that would never have been made...and Mike, Dave, and myself would probably have never gotten to meet Pat.

Well, fact number 5) Actually, Pat and Mike met one another years ago before Mike moved to the Dallas area.

Small World!!
                        Hope you had a great time Pat!
                        :)
                        Yeeeeeeeeeeee Hawwwwwwwww! We don’t really talk “like gatt” here in Texas guys!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1EF95992-D53D-4E72-BF49-AB1C47019825.jpeg
Views:	565
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	124096

Comment

• Came home from work to this bonanza! In addition to the F-4, my new fly-in canopy showed up (huge box), and not shown are the MicroMark tools and, servo wire, and Corsair wing fold parts from my new friend in the Czech Republic that all showed up today! Wahoo! :f4phantom:Party:
                          Click image for larger versionName:	Massive Delivery.jpgViews:	1Size:	61.2 KBID:	124098

This, by the way, is yet more evidence that my wife has a point... ;)

Am now attempting what I have never managed to do in my RC life - complete an aircraft as designed, without any extra parts, in less than 36 hours. Gloss coat, touch up paint acquisition, servo painting, and decals now done, final coat and assembly by midnight tomorrow...

Comment

• Quick question for any of you who have flown the F-4 already, and also have flown the FW F-15. Are their flight characteristics similar? Which is easier to fly? (I *know* which would be easier to see... ;-).

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                              Got to meet up with some Squawkers tonight to share a few bevs and MRC stories. In the pic are left to right, CRXMANPAT “Pat”, F-106DeltaDart “Mike”, Dahawk “Dave” and myself, Sky Wolf/Flying Ant.

Pat came into into town for business and we thought we’d show him a warm Texas Yeeeeee-Hawwwww welcome. Talked about planes the entire time! A lot about th A-10, which is why this is in this thread.

2) Pat calls himself CRXMANPAT because his favorite car is the Honda CRX. I always wondered what the CRX stood for.

3) Pat went to Florida University, and Dave was a Gator. They could each one-up the other on jokes about the other’s school. It was quite entertaining!

4) If MRC was never born there are a lot of relationships, stories, and planes that would never have been made...and Mike, Dave, and myself would probably have never gotten to meet Pat.

Well, fact number 5) Actually, Pat and Mike met one another years ago before Mike moved to the Dallas area.

Small World!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	1EF95992-D53D-4E72-BF49-AB1C47019825.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	149.0 KB ID:	124096
                              Looking good gentlemen! Have fun. Goose! :Cool::Drinks::f4phantom

Comment

• Hey Guys,

I saw an ad for an F-4 6s fan and motor on RCGRoups and it appears to be the same Freewing 90mm metal housing with a 9 blade rotor. Can one of you guys verify that? The reason I ask is we may have a solution ready here soon for a centerburner that will work in the F-4 if that's the case. Thanks!

Chris
                                http://thercgeek.com
                                http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

Got to meet up with some Squawkers tonight to share a few bevs and MRC stories. In the pic are left to right, CRXMANPAT “Pat”, F-106DeltaDart “Mike”, Dahawk “Dave” and myself, Sky Wolf/Flying Ant.
                                  Ant, it was great to finally meet you and Dave in person, and to see Mike again. Had a wonderful time catching up and swapping "war stories". :) Hopefully we can do it again when I'm back next month!
                                  Pat

Comment

Small World!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1EF95992-D53D-4E72-BF49-AB1C47019825.jpeg
Views:	565
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	124096
                                    Good times. That's a big part of what the hobby is all about.

Comment

• Guys heads up my large carbon spar had multiple cracks on one end , this was during my inspection of everything after opening up today ..

Comment

• Originally posted by poochies View Post
                                        Guys heads up my large carbon spar had multiple cracks on one end , this was during my inspection of everything after opening up today ..
                                        I've found that these rods are actually fiberglass and not carbon fiber. If you are concerned about the cracks, wrap the end with tape, wick in some CA on the inside of the tube, and then remove the tape after it sets. You should be good to go.
                                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                          I've found that these rods are actually fiberglass and not carbon fiber. If you are concerned about the cracks, wrap the end with tape, wick in some CA on the inside of the tube, and then remove the tape after it sets. You should be good to go.
                                          I could try that , but the end of this rod seems very thin and weak , definitely not as thick as other end, hopefully MRC can get me a new one....thanks for the advice !

Comment

Working...
                                          X