Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
    Mike, did you figure it out yet?
    Nope, I'll probably end up submitting a support ticket to Motion. UPS says that the shipper has to open the investigation for a lost package.. Since I'm at an apartment building, I'm a bit concerned that some hooligan ran off with the big box after it was dropped off.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Nope, I'll probably end up submitting a support ticket to Motion. UPS says that the shipper has to open the investigation for a lost package.. Since I'm at an apartment building, I'm a bit concerned that some hooligan ran off with the big box after it was dropped off.
      What does the tracking say as far as where it was delivered? Is there a front office?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

What does the tracking say as far as where it was delivered? Is there a front office?
        It says "Left at front door". I checked the office, and they had no packages for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post

This is the “Pic of the Day”!

That scene makes any pilot smile from ear-to-ear. :)
          And that’s what I was doing! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

It says "Left at front door". I checked the office, and they had no packages for me.
            Has UPS gotten mixed up delivering stuff to you in the past?

Comment

• Did anybody else find their esc disconnected from the motor and not mounted? I’ll look into it further tomorrow. Just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

The neighbor grab it for ya?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Nope, but I guess there’s a first time for everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post

The neighbor grab it for ya?
                    They’ve never done that before, and it was only delivered 40 minutes before I got back. I’ll have to ask around tomorrow.

Comment

• I had that happen one time. They had delivered it to the wrong house. It happens
                      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• :f4phantom
                        Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

They’ve never done that before, and it was only delivered 40 minutes before I got back. I’ll have to ask around tomorrow.
                        God I hope it gets straighten out Mike. Sending positive vibes! Goose:f4phantom:Smug:

Comment

• Man, I have experienced the dreaded "Delivered" but no package before. Not something from Motion but it took a long time before the driver got up with me after the shipper initiated the tracking inquiry and they realized they delivered the package to a house with a similar address. By the time they found the package I already had a replacement and the only reason they found it was because the driver left it on the front porch of the other house and the resident never used the front porch so it was still there when the driver went back to look for it. Sometimes different drivers may get your address confused with another one similar and sometimes they leave it at your door and some low life walks off with it. I hope you get it sorted out soon.

Comment

• Dag’nabbit...is that a real word?

Anyway, Mike I hope one of your friendly neighbors is just holding it for you. Apartments can be a tricky thing with packages when it comes to delivery drivers. Some care, some don’t, unfortunately.

But I have a strong feeling this will get worked out quickly.

In the infant stages of Motion RC they were using USPS a lot for delivery, and this happened more than they cared for.. So much, that they stopped using them as their preferred delivery service. I have a package that to this day, still hasn’t arrived, and that’s been a few years ago now.

I cant remember if it was Tom or Mark, but one of the two quickly took care of it. This is one of the reasons why I was sold on Motion. They didn’t hesitate!

Other companies?...wouldn’t have been the same quick resolution. At least not personally from the owners of the company.

Mike, you’ll get taken care of quickly my friend, if that package doesn’t show up. Special F-4 prayer tonight guys!!

Comment

• I informed UPS in writing that no package shall ever be dropped at my door without my signature.

Dropping packages at the door is just stupid and asking for them to be stolen.
                              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Mike please call our CS team first thing Monday morning if your package is still not recovered. That is a terrible feeling and one we all can relate to in this hobby. Crossing fingers a neighbor has it or it's recovered tomorrow but if not, rest assured let us know and we will get right on it for you.
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• On the wrong address note, my brother has been working for usps for the last 16 years and the other night after his 12 hour shift, he received word that a delivery was made by a different postman to the wrong house leaving the package on the front porch. Well he had to go and resolve this by making an hour round trip!
                                  Anyways the ashes of the deceased were brought to the correct address. Oops!

I am sure there’ll be a positive outcome especially when MotionRC is involved

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DE8BA166-74B6-4D15-AA1E-C2063C4C709D.jpeg
Views:	612
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	123733Click image for larger version

Name:	E17E6376-2FA2-4CEB-8B29-12B3A354335E.jpeg
Views:	621
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	123732 My esc was not connected so do I have fins up or down when re installing? Thanks!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DE8BA166-74B6-4D15-AA1E-C2063C4C709D.jpeg
Views:	612
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	123733Click image for larger version

Name:	E17E6376-2FA2-4CEB-8B29-12B3A354335E.jpeg
Views:	621
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	123732 My esc was not connected so do I have fins up or down when re installing? Thanks!
                                      The fins should be in the open air flow.
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Thanks!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	DE8BA166-74B6-4D15-AA1E-C2063C4C709D.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	54.8 KB ID:	123733Click image for larger version  Name:	E17E6376-2FA2-4CEB-8B29-12B3A354335E.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	46.0 KB ID:	123732 My esc was not connected so do I have fins up or down when re installing? Thanks!
                                          Not sure what you mean by "fins". Are you talking about the slots cut into the ply in your second pic?

The way the ESC sits in your first pic is correct. Do not do it like you have in the second pic. This way, the bulk of the ESC sits in the airflow into the fan. The ESC sits on top of the ply part with the slots cut into it, and then you have the thin strip of ply holding it in place. There is a wire channel that runs above the ESC, and the slots cut into the ply plate allow a little additional cooling to it. But the bulk of the cooling happens when air flows over it and into the fan.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X