X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Pat,
    Sorry I didn’t clarify the pics well as I tend to do that a lot sorry in cyberspace lol
    One pic shows the esc not even mounted or connected to fan, the way I received it.
    The other pic is showing that I re installed it but without the cooling fins upward to which I didn’t know :Confused:
    All in all it’s connected with cooling fins up and now it’s working as it should :)

Comment

• I had a package delivered to a completely different town in a completely different county. Luckily we knew the people it was delivered to, and that company (airborn express) is long gone. It was computer software.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
        Mike please call our CS team first thing Monday morning if your package is still not recovered. That is a terrible feeling and one we all can relate to in this hobby. Crossing fingers a neighbor has it or it's recovered tomorrow but if not, rest assured let us know and we will get right on it for you.
        Will do Aros! I have no doubt it will get resolved.

Comment

• worth the watch

Comment

• Excellent video. I watched it a week or so ago. Very interesting on how the ailerons work and actually have a reverse effect above 22 units AOA.

Another good one. Hint: check the starboard mirror

Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• I had a package delivered to a house one block over and the home owner brought it to me, I told my regular driver and she started an investigation and the driver that day was reprimanded and got a letter in the mail. My .02.

Hope they find it. R.
              AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post
                Hey Pat,
                Sorry I didn’t clarify the pics well as I tend to do that a lot sorry in cyberspace lol
                One pic shows the esc not even mounted or connected to fan, the way I received it.
                The other pic is showing that I re installed it but without the cooling fins upward to which I didn’t know :Confused:
                All in all it’s connected with cooling fins up and now it’s working as it should :)
                OK, gotcha. I guess the pics were reversed to how I was reading your post. So it is installed correctly with the fins sticking out into the airflow. You should be good now.
                Pat

Comment

• As guys prepare for maidens I want to give a little bit of a briefing of a few things I've learned. I was hoping to have our flight review done before guys were flying, but schedules and weather have not allowed it.

I'll start this with I've been stung twice in the base leg allowing the same thing to happen. Totally my fault. I got there two different ways but nonetheless the same.

Follow the book. The 8mm elevator neutral is dead on even when I move cg forward its dead on. Also, follow the call outs for flap to elevator up mix. I even added a little more up mix to mine. Without the mix the nose comes down for sure. I like both half flap and full flap settings. I tend to like the book high rate for full flaps and crisper authority. I set up rates by the mm call outs in the book.

!!!! After my experience which is limited to 15 flights I will say that I will be extremely mindful to manage my speed and attitude in the base leg and will for now reserve full flaps until I am on final.!!!!

Write this on the chalkboard 100 times "I will be mindful to manage my speed and attitude in the base leg and will for now reserve full flaps until I am on final."

I cut the feet off of my pilot so I can use the forward portion of battery deck. Plane flies fine either way, its the slowing down where you benefit from the forward cg. I spun mine in twice with full flaps being too slow on base before I cut the feet off and moved cg forward a bit. I'm flying the older Admiral 5000

The phantom will bleed off speed quickly, especially dirty, and especially in turns. It's a beautiful flyer, just be mindful of your speed.

Landings are easy. No bad habits takes what you give it whether you plop on three or hold off the nose. It will sink quick, start high and be ready with the power.
                  I like the newer power system, but advise getting to know it. Set your timers conservatively at 3min or under.

The take away is this. It flies awesome, looks great and will make you feel comfortable early on. Do not forget to respect its necessity for speed. Slow banks will get you, fly the rudder.

Regards,
                  Pilot Ryan

Comment

• Thank you sir for those words of wisdom!

I don't have a chalkboard, but I guarantee those words will go through my head when I finally get the Phantom in the pattern.

Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Good intel. Thanks for sharing and saving a lot of repair time.... Too slow and draggy and things happen fast!!!! :eyeswide

Comment

• Hey Ryan?!
                        I am new to this edf world so what would you suggest me flying first ? I mainly fly off grass btw.
                        My Freewing A-10 80mm, Freewing F-86 80mm or Freewing F-4 90mm

Thanks for the heads up on the F-4 info!

Comment

• I would definitely start with the F-86, as it's the easiest flyer of the bunch.
                          Pat

Comment

• The F-86 is a great start however I could never get it to take off from our grass, lucking we also have a petromat runway. I landed it in the grass once and pulled one of the main landing gear off. I stick to hard surface now with it.

Comment

• I agree 100% with Pat... F-86 for sure!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                The F-86 is a great start however I could never get it to take off from our grass, lucking we also have a petromat runway. I landed it in the grass once and pulled one of the main landing gear off. I stick to hard surface now with it.
                                Hmmm our grass is pretty much a bumpy sod field :Confused:

Comment

• I’m getting the decals out in the plane today. I see that the smaller stars & bars go on the wing and the larger ones go on the fuselage. That seems backwards to me. Anyone have an opinion on this?
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Dry fitting the decals look right to me with the small one on the wing and the larger one on the fuse.

Comment

• Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                                        As guys prepare for maidens I want to give a little bit of a briefing of a few things I've learned. I was hoping to have our flight review done before guys were flying, but schedules and weather have not allowed it.

I'll start this with I've been stung twice in the base leg allowing the same thing to happen. Totally my fault. I got there two different ways but nonetheless the same.

Follow the book. The 8mm elevator neutral is dead on even when I move cg forward its dead on. Also, follow the call outs for flap to elevator up mix. I even added a little more up mix to mine. Without the mix the nose comes down for sure. I like both half flap and full flap settings. I tend to like the book high rate for full flaps and crisper authority. I set up rates by the mm call outs in the book.

!!!! After my experience which is limited to 15 flights I will say that I will be extremely mindful to manage my speed and attitude in the base leg and will for now reserve full flaps until I am on final.!!!!

Write this on the chalkboard 100 times "I will be mindful to manage my speed and attitude in the base leg and will for now reserve full flaps until I am on final."

I cut the feet off of my pilot so I can use the forward portion of battery deck. Plane flies fine either way, its the slowing down where you benefit from the forward cg. I spun mine in twice with full flaps being too slow on base before I cut the feet off and moved cg forward a bit. I'm flying the older Admiral 5000

The phantom will bleed off speed quickly, especially dirty, and especially in turns. It's a beautiful flyer, just be mindful of your speed.

Landings are easy. No bad habits takes what you give it whether you plop on three or hold off the nose. It will sink quick, start high and be ready with the power.
                                        I like the newer power system, but advise getting to know it. Set your timers conservatively at 3min or under.

The take away is this. It flies awesome, looks great and will make you feel comfortable early on. Do not forget to respect its necessity for speed. Slow banks will get you, fly the rudder.

Regards,
                                        Pilot Ryan
                                        I'm having a difficult time getting the flap throws based on recommended control rod positions, did you have to stray from that to get full throw on the flaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by bbaumer View Post

I'm having a difficult time getting the flap throws based on recommended control rod positions, did you have to stray from that to get full throw on the flaps?
                                          I was able to get there via the tx. I had to jack up the travel.

Comment

Working...
                                          X