Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The latest 3DPUP Parts Print , Motion did a Great job with this release so a Big Thank You For that. Now to to get them painted up and in a Cockpit.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Low Show View Post
      The latest 3DPUP Parts Print , Motion did a Great job with this release so a Big Thank You For that. Now to to get them painted up and in a Cockpit.......
      Nice!

TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Low Show View Post
        The latest 3DPUP Parts Print , Motion did a Great job with this release so a Big Thank You For that. Now to to get them painted up and in a Cockpit.......
        That looks AWESOME!!

Comment

• Great look to the nozzles. I'm not sure if this has already been touched on, but what paint are people using for the nozzles? I purchased some metallic silver for the airbrush and figured I'd add a little black to give it a more weathered/smokey look. Looking forward to seeing more of these customizations.

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
            Great look to the nozzles. I'm not sure if this has already been touched on, but what paint are people using for the nozzles? I purchased some metallic silver for the airbrush and figured I'd add a little black to give it a more weathered/smokey look. Looking forward to seeing more of these customizations.
            The Phantom's exhaust cones where of a charcoal color due to heat and the ever famous black smog it emitted.
            Just Google pics of the Phantom and you'll see no silver.
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I think that Famous or Infamous Black Smog came out anywhere it could.....

Comment

• Here's a sample of some full scale nozzles...Note the variances in shape and color. I say whatever floats your boat. LOL
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

The Phantom's exhaust cones where of a charcoal color due to heat and the ever famous black smog it emitted.
                  Just Google pics of the Phantom and you'll see no silver.
                  Yes that was my intention, but rather than paint it charcoal black I thought I would base it with a silver color. Trust me, there will be no bling and I intend to weather the crap out of the tail.

Comment

• I got my F-4C recently, put on markings for one of Robin Olds' aircraft in Viet Nam from Callie graphics. I just about lost the plane on the maiden, flew the approaches too fast and had to do two go arounds. Probably should have just tried landing out of the second errant approach attempt as I ran out of battery power and it crashlanded but fortunately wasn't destroyed. I plan on adding several scale printed items like the cockpit and engine exhausts. I might also try to scratchbuild a couple of AIM-7 Sparrow missiles that fit in the grooves under the fuselage. Still waiting on a couple of replacement parts that I damaged like the nose cone and nose gear door. Great Plane, I'm learning from my mistakes!

Comment

• So, i've got to pick up a couple batteries, and it seems with most people needing to add weight or modify the hatch to move the 5k's forward, it would seem to make sense to pick up something like the RT 5800 or 6250s?

Comment

• Just wondering, has anyone got a hold of the 8s version and is it much of an improvement over the stock 6s one? Are there any vids comparing them or maybe any of the testers have flown both and can offer an opinion? Haven't ordered mine yet as I'd like to see if 8s is worth it.

The Aussie rip off guy wants $789 plus freight for the 6s one, not that I'd ever use him but wow he marks these freewing models up.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbaumer View Post
                          So, i've got to pick up a couple batteries, and it seems with most people needing to add weight or modify the hatch to move the 5k's forward, it would seem to make sense to pick up something like the RT 5800 or 6250s?
                          I'm wondering this too. I've been tempted to try the RT5800's. They are $90 on amazon, seems like a good deal.

Comment

• The 6250's are only a little more. I paid $98 each for the two I got from rcjetwerx.

Comment

• If I had the 6S version I'd be flying RT 6250 35Cs. I'm running two 4S 5800s in my 8S setup.
                              Pat

Comment

• First flights logged

Comment

• Originally posted by pullupnow View Post
                                  First flights logged
                                  Nicely done, congrats!
                                  Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Congrats Mark! Perfect landing, and I love that checkered tail!
                                    Pat

Comment

• Greaser! Well done!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by pullupnow View Post
                                        First flights logged
                                        Very well done. Great livery. Loved the slow 'victory roll'
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks for the support! The great intel on this site from you guys made it possible. I had a Yellow Aircraft F-4 way back in the day that had a much less successful maiden flight shall we say.
                                          My Phantom curse is removed :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X