Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't comment on this F4 but the RT 5500's give me approximately 30-45 seconds or more of cushion than the Admiral 5000's in my HSD F-16.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• There are two key factors that I've found with the RoaringTops over many other major brands:

1. They weigh less than most other brands of the same capacity. For example, my Admiral 6S 5000 50C (old version) weighs 26 ounces. My RT 6S 5000 35C is 23.7 oz, 5800 35C is 27.6 oz, and the 6250 35C is 28.3 oz.

2. They have better IR readings. I test all of my packs on a Wayne Giles IR meter to tell me what their true C rating is. The Admiral tests out at 17C true. So this means the pack can safely put out a constant 85 amps without harm. But a lot of my jets were pushing the ragged edge of this packs capabilities, and they would get hot and puffy. The RT 5800 tests out at 22C true. This means the pack is capable of putting out a constant 128 amps without harm to the battery.

So between the Admiral 5000 and the RT 5800, with the RT I get 800mAh more capacity and 43 amps more power all for only 1.6 oz more in weight. And the RTs are slimmer than the Admiral and typically fit better in my applications. My flight times are pretty much the same as other packs, but the key is I'm not harming my batteries at all, and they come down barely warm. I currently own 26 packs of RTs of various sizes, and I use them every weekend. In the 2 years I've been buying them I've not had a single one go bad or puff.

The only other packs I've tested that have similar low IR readings are Turnigy Graphenes, but they are much heavier than the RTs of the same capacity. In fact, they are heavier than any other brand I've owned.

Here's the meter I use to test packs. You can get it at either shop:

PRC Home - FPV Racing Drones, Fat Shark, Tiny Whoop - iCharger, iSDT, & FMA Battery Chargers - Mean Well & Iota Power Supplies - ProgressiveRC

Designed & built by electronics engineer & RC enthusiast Wayne Giles to allow you to precisely analyse & predict the performance of your LiPo packs.Unlike any other internal resistance meter, this ESR meter will display the constant discharge rate in amps
      Pat

Comment

• Thanks for this info, incredibly helpful.

Comment

• Here's some video of mine from yesterday.

Pat

Comment

• Thanks Pat! Happy Easter! HE is risen!

Comment

• When I finish replacing my downed planes, p38, seawind, and a couple of purpose fpv planes, I want to get either this or the 80mm A10. I think I would be happier with the A10 as I kinda have a personal history with it over seas. But flying wise those who have both, what would be better?

Comment

• Great flight Pat. That's the way a Phantom is supposed to fly. Happy Easter everybody.
                My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                  When I finish replacing my downed planes, p38, seawind, and a couple of purpose fpv planes, I want to get either this or the 80mm A10. I think I would be happier with the A10 as I kinda have a personal history with it over seas. But flying wise those who have both, what would be better?
                  Of the two, the A-10 is easier to fly. Very stable, no bad tendencies, and lands pretty well once you have all the struts of the same type (either all trailing link, or all scissor link). The F-4 flies very nice and lands pretty easily too, but the A-10 beats it out.
                  Pat

Comment

• Sounds good to me. I will do that when the time comes

Comment

• Niiiiice...
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                        Of the two, the A-10 is easier to fly. Very stable, no bad tendencies, and lands pretty well once you have all the struts of the same type (either all trailing link, or all scissor link). The F-4 flies very nice and lands pretty easily too, but the A-10 beats it out.
                        I agree 100%
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Well I'm sold on the A10 for sure now, and it'll fly on the same 4500 6s packs i have for my CZ T28 as I'm trying to get commonality in my battery usage:)

Comment

• Great fight vid, CRXMANPAT!
                            Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                            Thanks Pat! Happy Easter! HE is risen!
                            He is risen indeed. Happy Easter one and all. Cannot wait until mid-May for Phantom Phun round 2 to hit. Best, Elbee
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Latest on the drag chute release mechanism. I need to add a servo and some magnets and remake the chute but so far it works great.

Comment

• Oh Magoo, You've done it again....LOL. Looks Awesome Steve. and it looks like it should work fine. Are you planning to attend "JetJam" this year ? We're trying to get "CorsairNut" to make the trip with his 12 ft.T-38. Sounds like it's going to happen. You're not going to want to miss this.... Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                  Out of curiosity, do you fly the Mig-21, and have any comparative notes?

Comment

• Yes, I have the Mig as well. For me, it is the hardest to land, but only because it pretty much disappears when I turn final. :)
                                    Pat

Comment

• The Mig was my first big EDF after flying a stinger 64, other than extremely long rollouts on grass, it’s a pretty sweet flyer, mine is full camo so I can relate to the vision issue, I just have to tell myself “ “it’’s right where you left it”!” it could definitely benefit from some lights

Comment

• Looking great Steve! That's going to be sweet!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hey guys, wIndiana was finally kind enough for Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike.

Comment

Working...
                                          X