Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A perfect maiden! Outstanding :Cool:

Comment

• I know this has been answered somewhere in the thread but why didn’t they paint the rudder servo the light tan to begin with. No problem with going to HD and getting a sample for $3 but I’m sure there’s a bunch of hobby rooms across the US with extra paint now.

Comment

• Because they are the same servos that are used in many other planes. Same with the aileron and flap servos. Just creates way too many SKUs in inventory.
        Pat

Comment

• No, I was thinking something like the tape they put over the wires and then painting it. No biggie

Comment

• Nice maiden, nice flight, nice vid and the checkers look great. Grats!

Comment

• Nice maiden! Congrats!

Comment

• Was there ever a Phantom that had ailerons at the tip of the wing or have they always been on the flat inner section of the wing? Just curious...

Comment

• QQ.. i am confused. I received my F4 in the first batch to be shipped. I just got around to building it and i am a bit stuck on the decals... are they water transfer only or a combination of vinyl and water transfer decals. The red stars and wing insignia , if i go by the build video on the website, should be vinyl transfer stickers but mine appear to not be. Also anyone else notice the motor speed controllers wasn't attached to the fan?

Comment

• We show both style of decals being applied because details were still being finalized at the time the video was shot. It seems that they are waterslide all around at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by nadt770 View Post
                      Was there ever a Phantom that had ailerons at the tip of the wing or have they always been on the flat inner section of the wing? Just curious...
                      The Freewing has the ailerons in the scale position and scale size. The full scale had roll spoilers on top of each wing also. From what I understand a roll input would deflect aileron down and roll spoiler up on the opposite wing, The ailerons had very little or no upward travel.

Comment

• At about 15min in you get slot's eye view. good control surface action

Comment

• I am going to rock my SEA livery for a long time with this bird once I get it, but I just know me. She is going to eventually end up a Blue Angel I just know it. ;)
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Todd,

Get two and that will solve all your problems. :)
                            Pat

Comment

• Why didn't I think of that?? LOL
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                Good save, Dkalwishky! Smart decisions.

You mentioned not knowing what CG you were flying at... would you please check and post that for us? I see you've got other recommendations in your review but the CG is an important reference point for context.

I'm glad you liked the stock 9B 6s' sound. I hope you get better weather sooner!

​​​​​​
                                I put the plane on my "ez balancer lite" today and at 7.5 inches (the manuals CG) with the battery in the position shown in the picture it was right on for me. This is the old style Admiral 6S 5000. I put my newesr style Admiral battery and it's pretty tail heavy. I'm not sure how I'm going to solve that short of putting in some nose weight.

I don't think I can remove enough foam on the bottom of the canopy to get the battery forward without cutting into the cockpit.

Comment

• I finally got around to starting the assembly of my F4 last night. Upon removing the fuselage from the box, I noticed a clunking sound coming from inside. When I removed the hatch, out fell the ESC...humm, that's odd. As I rotated the fuselage to prepare to reconnect the ESC, I continued to hear the clunk. I removed the EDF cover and discovered that the entire EDF was loose. As it turns out, the wooden blocks that the EDF are attached to were glued in with a small dab of glue and must have broken loose during shipping. I re-glued everything and all seems fine now. I'm glad I discovered this now and not in mid-flight.

Steve

Comment

• Yes this has been a known issue with some folk's ESCs. It's unfortunate but it's always a good idea to perform due diligence with any new model checking for loose wires, leads, servo/ESC/motor connections, etc. I personally do not know why this has happened on some of the first releases but we're glad customers are noticing, reporting and fixing before taking off.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

I put the plane on my "ez balancer lite" today and at 7.5 inches (the manuals CG) with the battery in the position shown in the picture it was right on for me. This is the old style Admiral 6S 5000. I put my newesr style Admiral battery and it's pretty tail heavy. I'm not sure how I'm going to solve that short of putting in some nose weight.

I don't think I can remove enough foam on the bottom of the canopy to get the battery forward without cutting into the cockpit.
                                      Dave, get some RoaringTop 6250s. ;)
                                      Pat

Comment

• Gotta say I am loving my RT 5500's in my HSD F-16.
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• How are flight times with the RT 5500 or 6250 compared to the Admiral packs? I'd assume they are about the same, possibly a little extended assuming decent throttle management?

Comment

Working...
                                          X