Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version  Name:	20180403_050740.jpg Views:	1 Size:	86.1 KB ID:	126805Click image for larger version  Name:	20180403_050716.jpg Views:	1 Size:	69.6 KB ID:	126806Click image for larger version  Name:	20180331_125355.jpg Views:	1 Size:	147.5 KB ID:	126807 nothing earth shaking, just wanted to remove my tanks and pylons ,so I will put screws in this to remove both. This will be good when I want to just go clean and fast.o
    Glue tail hook like this so the rear cover and hook can be removed for inspections later.
    Replaced all control rods with thicker one's for solid control and no flutter. Also the elevator removed and blocks glued in and servo can be screwed down. Click image for larger version  Name:	20180331_125238.jpg Views:	1 Size:	103.8 KB ID:	126808
    BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• While admiring the plane during the wait for my JePe Storm fan (I hope to collect it next week) I discovered that the paint scheme in the tail area is somewhat inaccurate. There is too much "bare metal" applied. I used the MiG Ammo colors (great match, thanks to Alpha for the recommendation) to get a more accurate look.

Frank

Comment

• Go Navy! Progress on "Red Rippers" from the Forestall

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
            Go Navy! Progress on "Red Rippers" from the Forestall
            Nice, but add more grey color to the tail above the exhaust area, please ;)

Last edited by Radar-Guy; Apr 4, 2018, 07:14 AM. Reason: Attachment removed

Comment

• I will. I saw your post after I did it. Doh!

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

This will be awesome indeed!

What plans have you made this far for releasing the line? Needed in terms of safety as well I'd imagine...
                Hey Jan and Boots, after further consideration it would be fairly easy to go ahead and add a controlled release feature so I will most likely go ahead and do that.

Comment

• I was thinking you could add a mix that prohibited that servo from functioning while gear was up and throttle was above a certain level, that wouldn’t stop an accidental malfunction, but it might keep you from hitting the wrong switch at the wrong time

Comment

• I am clearing out some planes before I get this bird but have seen 2 fly to date and love it!! It flies great in stock form but I never leave planes stock...LOL I have several different set ups to try. My F-15 has a 13 blade set up that is working really well so far but there are still others out there to experiment with as well. I love the 12+ blade sound over anything less.... the challenge will be fun!!
                    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• You know what else sounds sick? The new F4 sound clip from Shockwave. Prelim install was last week, and I'll be finalizing everything and hoping to finish the build this weekend. Pics/video to follow :Cool:

I can't leave anything stock myself LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Hey Jan and Boots, after further consideration it would be fairly easy to go ahead and add a controlled release feature so I will most likely go ahead and do that.
                        Well, if you don't, you have to be REALLY sure the chute never accidentally releases mid flight..
                        Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• If a chute did deploy mid-flight I wonder if it wouldn't necessary be a catastrophe assuming you would have to increase power and land as quickly as possible at a higher throttle quadrant then normal. Yes? No? Who wants to be the test pilot?

LOL
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                            I must give credit where credit is due. Helmsman52 (Paul) has been hugely instrumental in helping to come up with what you see. I may have brought the parts together to make it work but Paul is the one who had the idea to use the existing CF tube in the tail section to make the spring loaded release mechanism. He is a very clever individual. ;)I just ran with his idea and I like how his chute turned out so I will be making one like his.
                            Hey thanks for the props! Glad you could make out my kindergarten drawingsLOL:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                              If a chute did deploy mid-flight I wonder if it wouldn't necessary be a catastrophe assuming you would have to increase power and land as quickly as possible at a higher throttle quadrant then normal. Yes? No? Who wants to be the test pilot?

LOL
                              I’m going to say, with the slot chute that I made, no problem if it is accidentally deployed because of slots and 1/8 shock line that has plenty of give but if it was not slotted? It’d be one wild ride :Silly:

Comment

• Nice progress on your Navy Phantom Ryan!! Sure wish Motion would move forward and offer a primered version of the F-4 as they did with the BAE Hawk. The transition to Navy colors would be SO much easier and my bet is that they would sell a ton of them to people who are holding back like me. Just finished a conversion of my primered FW Hawk to T-45 Goshawk with "Redhawks" graphics and it was a fun project. Would sure like to do the same sort of thing with the F-4.

Comment

• Good point on the slot chute versus not being one Helmsman52!

navy0968 beautiful job on your Hawk!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• The B-47 had to deploy its chute prior to landing because the J35 took so long to spool back up in the event of a go around. The chute added drag with higher engine RPM. If your chute comes out Just land at full powerLOLLOL
                                    Current Fleet: Flightline Tigercat, Flightline Bearcat, Eflite Corsair, ESM Skyraider, Pilot RC Yak-54 30%:corsair

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post

I’m going to say, with the slot chute that I made, no problem if it is accidentally deployed because of slots and 1/8 shock line that has plenty of give but if it was not slotted? It’d be one wild ride :Silly:
                                      Ask our co-conspirator Bobaroo about unintended/accidental deployments:

Banana Hobby F-4 with drogue chute mod. I flipped the gear switch as I do daily with my ME-109 on go around except, of course, this was slaved to the chute r...

Granted, it was on a 70mm Phantom....but it’s likely the 90mm wouldn’t act much different, slots or no.

Comment

• Just some eye candy for you F-4 drivers. I am lusting for my 8s to arrive. I grew up 5 miles from Davis Monthan and among other famous ships, the F-4 was a daily part of my life as we were under the landing pattern. Heavy and loud! Witnessed one go down into a shopping center after engine failure, unfortunately, several people on the ground were killed.

Comment

• A friend of mine did paint matching at Home Depot for the greens. Says they match perfectly!
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X